Photo

J-Tal?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Curo_

Curo_
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

Those are not in Drop 3. They will be coming in new Drop 4.

Why are these changes so far away? This is something that should have been addressed pre-launch, but I understand that the game was rushed to release, whether you'll admit it or not. Speaking optimistically, if Drop 4 comes in January, then we're talking about finally get itemization changes 7+ months post-launch. I'm no developer, but that seems a little ridiculous.

#22 nra

nra
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

This is sad to hear.

But it is inline with my perspective of the game still being in beta - until April/May 2015.

Thank you for letting us know J-tal.

I have been suspecting this for a while.

• Lord Bweaty likes this

N Raa | Jabbit | Stalker
<Immortalis Noctis>
Europe | Dominion | Semi-Hardcore | 
6/6 | 9/9

#23 Celmad

Celmad
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:18 AM

This is really a big turn off for me, I was really excited about that, almost the only thing I was waiting for and I think one of the more urgent changes the game needed for his health. Without that the people will be leaving as they did already after release. Because without the item/rune/stats/loot table changes the carrot is still missing, old people will be back for megaserver/drop 3 as well as new people, but they will be leaving for the exactly same reason that they did. Maybe I'm wrong but I think is the most important thing to fix right now.

Greetings.

• Lord Bweaty likes this

#24 Taz

Taz
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

That is a punch straight in my Face.

I understand why it takes so long, and i really defended the Game and it's current State for a long time. But i was really, really looking forward to the Gearchanges. For me it was the major Thing in this Drop and now it is gone. Will be very hard too wait until January. That is so far away. I really love this Game, it is the best MMO on the Market, but i don't know if anybody will be playing it until January

#25 Greyn

Greyn
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

after reading J-Tal´s post I don´t get anything anymore.

Every single raider in wildstar is waiting for the itemization changes. Not only runechanges ... ITEMchanges! But these will come with drop # 4. In more than three months!

In my opinions this means that Carbine would like to improve the old content for new players which they want then get ran over promotions (F2P conversion) next year.

So they want to "re-release" the game. This is Ok.

But do they really want to risk the leaving of more current players by that? I mean ... yeah .. they can´t do everything at once and "and i really defended the Game and it's current State for a long time". But this is so annoying...

Why I wrote this post? I don´t know. Maybe because I now finally wanted to let out my anger. And maybe, I simply hope that a Dev writes a comment to this topic.

Greetings!

#26 Lord Bweaty

Lord Bweaty
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:57 AM

Itemization:

From what I've seen of the 'fix' to runes etc. It really doesn't fix the issue. Being able to farm up a item to 'RNG reroll' the sockets once, just adds another chance. 

I think on adv, to get your 'BiS' full set of gear, with the rune slots exactly how you want them... Takes 1,200 'attempts' on re'farming the same gear over and over.

We NEED a system in place, where when you FINALLY get the piece of gear to drop, you can upgrade it. Not go, "oh well, another 'x' months farming to get it to drop slightly better and I can use that over my crafted blue... "

Medics:

Some MAJOR things I haven't seen anything on yet.

Memory Leaks - Fix so it's not better for everyone to 'reload' the game every 20mins if there's a medic in the group? (May have been on Drop3 notes that I didn't see)

Main Skills brake on movement - Gama Ray & Shield Surge, both stop working if you jump or get hit with a knockback CC while casting. Any news as that's kinda our 'main button' per spec.

Smart Heals - Ok, there was some info on stuff for Drop 4+. But nothing on the 'basic core heals' Emission/Shield Surge/Probe detonation actually targeting your probes not failing on 15 other players in raid.

Anyway, still think it's totally stupid about medic's not being any good at healing if there's more than 4 people.

Heaps more

But that's just the major's I haven't seen ANYTHING on. I do hope there's some 'undocumented' stuff in the Drop 3 about crafting! 

#27 Shah Soulstar

Shah Soulstar
  • Members
  • LocationClose to one year, waiting for updates

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

So that's in June or July...

Drop 4 on the one year anniversary.

"The true war is not Dominion vs Exiles, but Space Hamsters vs Space Bunnies. The other races just support one of the causes." - Tetch

#28 Dinkleberg-

Dinkleberg-
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:47 AM

This is such a huge let down!

I mean, so many raiders are basically just waiting for this itemisation update. Without that change the carrot on a stick is just non existent. What's the point of raiding if your rewards are just going to be useless come that update. We have waited long enough for Drop 3 and now you're telling us to wait until the next drop? That really gives the impression that it's pointless to do any elder game content until this patch hits.

Seriously hope this gets addressed and all focus shifted to this. I don't care about more content. I care about current content!

Please, once drop 3 hits, shift all remaining resources to get this out of the door ASAP, not 3 months down the line. You're shooting yourself in the foot not addressing this!

• Lord Bweaty and Atrapos like this

#29 boni

boni
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:59 AM

Really? Almost every raider was waiting for this. More than the rune changes. I'm not even mad, I'm sad.

#30 Vlorg

Vlorg
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

I agree... waaay too slow...

#31 Beckstir

Beckstir
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

Most of the itemization changes coming in Drop 3 are available either via my sticky post or in the PTR patch notes.

Now, I impatiently wait with the rest of you for Drop 3 to release so I can start talking about all the exciting updates in Drop 4.

Well hello J-Tal!! :) and thank you for letting me know you're alive and well! Specially with all the Ebola scares going around ;) ofc it's flu season too lol

Hang in there, I'm sure ya'll will get it all sorted out :)

NA~Entity~Exiles
Brewmaster Budwiser ~ Medic ~ 50

Lords of the Dead  ~ Crimson Cross  ~ The Crescent Order

#32 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

So that's in June or July...

Drop 4 on the one year anniversary.

Drop 4 is January, no need for hyperbole to make the situation seem worse.  There is some hope, however, because I can't see them not putting it in a weekly patch if it is fully tested and ready to go before then.

• Beckstir likes this

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#33 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

We originally tried aiming for a Drop 3 release, but it quickly became apparent that it wasn't going to happen at the quality level we're aiming for.

The Raid/Veteran itemization changes are essentially redoing our entire end-game itemization plan from scratch. It's more than just changing a few stats on items. We're coordinating with the Combat/Class team much more closely to try to get some changes to how stats affect your actual character (Grit comes to mind immediately). We're reorganizing loot tables so you don't get the same mini boss drops 4 times in a row. We're adding a new currency to Veteran Dungeons and Raids so that upgrades are no longer locked behind time-gated Elder Gems (Elder Gem gear rewards will be moving to either this new currency or Renown). We're adding a new vendor system that allows you to trade non-currency items (i.e. slot tokens) to a vendor for gear upgrades.

And all of these changes are directly connected to a number of other systems changes and new systems we're introducing in Drop 4 (which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in January) - new things like Contracts and the Eldan Forge, updates to World Loot, Challenge Rewards, and currency systems like Renown and Reputation.

We took a good long look at WIldStar's itemization plan and the feedback from players about the issues it has/had and are attacking those issues from multiple fronts. The Rune changes were something we felt would could squeeze in separately from the rest of the overhauls, so they made it into Drop 3. The rest will be coming in Drop 4. I'll be going into greater detail about the Drop 4 changes and updates after the release of Drop 3.

Thank you guys for your patience with us. We know you are frustrated and want all the cool stuff we're working on now. We totally understand, we play WildStar too and it's super frustrating to play on Live and know there are changes on your work machine that add this new system or make this other system better.

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#34 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

We originally tried aiming for a Drop 3 release, but it quickly became apparent that it wasn't going to happen at the quality level we're aiming for.

Disappointing but expected, since these were some of the last system changes that were posted about.  They're also something you'll absolutely need to get right, so I am all for you taking your time.

We're coordinating with the Combat/Class team much more closely to try to get some changes to how stats affect your actual character (Grit comes to mind immediately).

Its good to hear that more stats are being rebalanced beyond AP.  Loot will get a lot more interesting when AP stacking is no longer the goal.

We're adding a new currency to Veteran Dungeons and Raids so that upgrades are no longer locked behind time-gated Elder Gems (Elder Gem gear rewards will be moving to either this new currency or Renown).

With this and the AMP/Ability tier point unlock drop changes, its starting to feel like Elder Gems are being phased out.  Will there be anything significant left on that vendor?

new things like Contracts and the Eldan Forge

My mind is currently running wild thinking of what these things are.  If reality doesn't match my wildest imaginations then I will be sure to write several sternly worded forum posts.

Edited by dinwitt, 14 October 2014 - 06:56 AM.

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#35 Street1841

Street1841
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

The Raid/Veteran itemization changes are essentially redoing our entire end-game itemization plan from scratch. It's more than just changing a few stats on items. We're coordinating with the Combat/Class team much more closely to try to get some changes to how stats affect your actual character (Grit comes to mind immediately). We're reorganizing loot tables so you don't get the same mini boss drops 4 times in a row. We're adding a new currency to Veteran Dungeons and Raids so that upgrades are no longer locked behind time-gated Elder Gems (Elder Gem gear rewards will be moving to either this new currency or Renown). We're adding a new vendor system that allows you to trade non-currency items (i.e. slot tokens) to a vendor for gear upgrades.

And all of these changes are directly connected to a number of other systems changes and new systems we're introducing in Drop 4 (which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in January) - new things like Contracts and the Eldan Forge, updates to World Loot, Challenge Rewards, and currency systems like Renown and Reputation.

We took a good long look at WIldStar's itemization plan and the feedback from players about the issues it has/had and are attacking those issues from multiple fronts. The Rune changes were something we felt would could squeeze in separately from the rest of the overhauls, so they made it into Drop 3. The rest will be coming in Drop 4. I'll be going into greater detail about the Drop 4 changes and updates after the release of Drop 3.

Thank you guys for your patience with us. We know you are frustrated and want all the cool stuff we're working on now. We totally understand, we play WildStar too and it's super frustrating to play on Live and know there are changes on your work machine that add this new system or make this other system better.

Sounds great, but I am probably not the only raider, who finds it difficult to do anything outside of raids atm.  Personally Dailies are and always will be a boring concept while in Kill X form.  What happened to all the feedback about making them "Fun".  Grinding dungeons will be nice for getting the items to Modify your runes,  But what else didn't make it?  Salvage rework? At the very least you guys could of added something to make farming dungeons not about grinding a currency.  Add some more fun loot to Silver / Gold rewards.  Kinda is boring when all I do is spam my greed roll keybind cause I know all of the items that drop are not an upgrade.

Either way, I love Wildstar.

#36 Jackospades

Jackospades
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

new things like Contracts and the Eldan Forge

What do you mean by Eldan Forge? Please, PLEASE tell me it's not like the Mystic Forge from GW2. There is a reason people call it the Mystic Toilet.

#37 Hezron.

Hezron.
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

Guess I'll keep stacking more brutality from my healslinger GA drops and losing more focus regen on gear until January then. My class gear makes for some great costume pieces but not much more than that right now...

• Atrapos and Nike Online like this

Hezron - Healslinger - Entity

GA Boss Guides     ||     Ether Guild

#38 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

All of the things you describe sound promising and I look forward to hearing more about them.

HOWEVER...

Please look at the Brutality-poisoning occurring across dozens of items plainly intended for healers (and in particular support spellslingers).Other classes may be wrestling with poor rune flavors but people playing these roles can't even get sound stats. A substantial chunk of the itemization budget is simply burned off - its is equivalent to having nearly every single piece of Warrior gear using budget on Focus Recovery. I can't help but feel that if it were DPS gear ruined in this fashion, you'd have taken action within the first month.

This issue is a bug-fix issue not a grand itemization change. We need those lost points back and we need it sooner rather than later. Change it all to Tech. Change it all to Grit. But CHANGE IT. And I mean change it on the items we have right now, not some awful excuse about protecting the 3 people fooling themselves into thinking it's useful. If they really want Brutality on their healer they can rune for it.

As a bug fix this is something that doesn't have to and shouldn't have to wait for a major drop. It's a chance to make things right on an issue you know is just plain wrong.

• Hezron. likes this

#39 nra

nra
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the update J-tal.

But reading the above sentence instantly makes me wonder: Why didn't you guys tell us earlier?

It is sad to see people having to assume when changes are to come.

It is even sadder to see these people then rage when their assumption were incorrect.

I do think, and hope, that you guys can estimate your work better than that - and actually say "this will not come in drop3".

• Atrapos likes this

N Raa | Jabbit | Stalker
<Immortalis Noctis>
Europe | Dominion | Semi-Hardcore | 
6/6 | 9/9

#40 Atrapos

Atrapos
  • Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

I think you need to make it clear, very, very soon, what the compensation is going to be for people that have already gotten their gear. I understand the reasoning behind not updating existing items and all that, but for the people that have already slogged through your current itemization and RNGfest to finally get the good gear, with good slots, I can pretty much promise you that doing it again will lead to yet another drop in player base.

Additionally, for the people that HAVEN'T gotten the RNG luck to finish getting their gear, what incentive is there to repeat content when not only are we going to have to farm dungeons for the rune slot unlocks, all of which gets invalidated in January? 

It just seems like you guys are trying to do a realm reborn type re-launch, but have your loyal customers foot some of the cost.

Thoughts:

• Give people account-bound items (like boom boxes) to 1 time upgrade their old items to new items, at a vendor, or otherwise
  • Give people free play time (really should be a given at this point to start giving out discounts and such to subscribers)
  • Give everyone ~50 free rune slot unlock/re-roll items
  • Add items to raid boss loot tables NOW that can be turned into the new items LATER (in addition to current drops - this way you can start to stock pile the new condensed item drops)