J-Tal?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Beckstir

Beckstir
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

I haven't seen a new topic or update to a current topic of his lately. Anyone seen him?

I guess the upcoming economy changes are in place and ready for live?

NA~Entity~Exiles
Brewmaster Budwiser ~ Medic ~ 50

Lords of the Dead  ~ Crimson Cross  ~ The Crescent Order

#2 Ignore

Ignore
  • Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hes on the tracker like 3-4 days ago.  Hes pretty active here.

• Beckstir likes this

Ignore Me - ENG  

RAWR?

#3 Beckstir

Beckstir
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Hes on the tracker like 3-4 days ago.  Hes pretty active here.

I must have missed the right page then, cause I did look first :)

NA~Entity~Exiles
Brewmaster Budwiser ~ Medic ~ 50

Lords of the Dead  ~ Crimson Cross  ~ The Crescent Order

#4 Ignore

Ignore
  • Members

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

No sweat.  You can just search his name on the search and itll bring up his posts.  i think,.

• Beckstir likes this

Ignore Me - ENG  

RAWR?

#5 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

Most of the itemization changes coming in Drop 3 are available either via my sticky post or in the PTR patch notes.

Now, I impatiently wait with the rest of you for Drop 3 to release so I can start talking about all the exciting updates in Drop 4.

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#6 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

So are you still going with people who have had to suffer mis-constructed items will have to start from scratch rather than you correcting existing gear (i.e. Brutality poisoning virtually everything Healslingers have to work with)?

This is my #1 concern with the game going forward - the complete inequity between folks whose gear is not screwed up, and those for whom it is.

#7 LittleBrownMan

LittleBrownMan
  • Members
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

Most of the itemization changes coming in Drop 3 are available either via my sticky post or in the PTR patch notes.

Now, I impatiently wait with the rest of you for Drop 3 to release so I can start talking about all the exciting updates in Drop 4.

Hmmm, why not talk about the exciting drops now?

Per this:

Donatelli: We merged drop 3 and 4 together. So drop “3 and 4” or The Defile and Journey to Omnicore-1 still have weeks of testing to go but our target is early to mid-November.

Ref: http://www.mmorpg.co...ure/9004/page/2

Doesn't sound like the team is on the same sheet of music...

Julie Bravo (Medic) Johnny Bravo (Warrior) 

The Smackdown: A Warrior Leveling Guide

#8 Intensive

Intensive
  • Members
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hmmm, why not talk about the exciting drops now?

Per this:

Donatelli: We merged drop 3 and 4 together. So drop “3 and 4” or The Defile and Journey to Omnicore-1 still have weeks of testing to go but our target is early to mid-November.

Ref: http://www.mmorpg.co...ure/9004/page/2

Doesn't sound like the team is on the same sheet of music...

The original plan of drop 3 and drop 4 being combined is still technically drop 3 (since it is 1 drop).  It doesn't just skip Drop 3 just because Drop 3 has the content from 3+4.

So Technically drop 4 is not scheduled yet.  Or if you want to continue thinking about it your way (which is not correct), it would be Drop 5.

• Beckstir and Stipp like this

Intensive - Medic (Healer) - <Subterfuge>

Twitch Streaming

System: Win10 Pro x64; i7 7700k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 1080; 16G DDR4; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD; 2560x1440 27" IPS display x2

#9 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Is that confirmation that the various changes to adventure, dungeon, and raid gear, including the token system for class armor in raids, is in drop 3?  Or are you just mostly referring to the rune slot enhancements?

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#10 Ignore

Ignore
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Is that confirmation that the various changes to adventure, dungeon, and raid gear, including the token system for class armor in raids, is in drop 3?  Or are you just mostly referring to the rune slot enhancements?

Its all coming in drop 3, since drop 3 and 4 are being rolled into one.  Mid November.

Ignore Me - ENG  

RAWR?

#11 LittleBrownMan

LittleBrownMan
  • Members
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

The original plan of drop 3 and drop 4 being combined is still technically drop 3 (since it is 1 drop).  It doesn't just skip Drop 3 just because Drop 3 has the content from 3+4.

So Technically drop 4 is not scheduled yet.  Or if you want to continue thinking about it your way (which is not correct), it would be Drop 5.

Thanks for the clarification

My way of thinking? really? Quit being a dick...I get it...drop 3 merged...wait for drop 4 now. 

• Lord Bweaty likes this

Julie Bravo (Medic) Johnny Bravo (Warrior) 

The Smackdown: A Warrior Leveling Guide

#12 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Its all coming in drop 3, since drop 3 and 4 are being rolled into one.  Mid November.

Except I haven't seen the raid gear tokenization mentioned anywhere in relation to drop 3, let alone a patch note about it.  Hopefully it'll be all cleared up when they put the latest drop 3 on the ptr and give us patch notes for it, but I wouldn't mind a dev confirmation before that.

#13 Greyn

Greyn
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

It would be really great to get a offical answer on this ;)

#14 J-Tal

J-Tal

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I meant ... the major patch after this upcoming one. The real Drop 4.

Once we merged the data from old Drop 3 and old Drop 4 into new Drop 3, that's still Drop 3. Old Drop 4 disappears entirely.

New Drop 4 is the Drop (major patch) after new Drop 3. Technically new Drop 4 is actually old Drop 5 and old Drop 6 put together. So, it's confusing to us sometimes too since all the numbers changed once we moved to quarterly Drops from monthly Drops.

Megaservers - this Wednesday (so excited for this)
Drop 3 - sometime in November (changes are up in the forums)
Drop 4 - a couple months after that (the stuff I want to talk about but shouldn't until you've had time to digest Drop 3)

#15 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Why the odd silence about whether Verizal's changes are making it into drop 3?

#16 J-Tal

J-Tal

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

Why the odd silence about whether Verizal's changes are making it into drop 3?

Those are not in Drop 3. They will be coming in new Drop 4.

#17 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

Sad day, but thanks for letting us know.

#18 Party On Garth

Party On Garth
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I meant ... the major patch after this upcoming one. The real Drop 4.

Once we merged the data from old Drop 3 and old Drop 4 into new Drop 3, that's still Drop 3. Old Drop 4 disappears entirely.

New Drop 4 is the Drop (major patch) after new Drop 3. Technically new Drop 4 is actually old Drop 5 and old Drop 6 put together. So, it's confusing to us sometimes too since all the numbers changed once we moved to quarterly Drops from monthly Drops.

Megaservers - this Wednesday (so excited for this)
Drop 3 - sometime in November (changes are up in the forums)
Drop 4 - a couple months after that (the stuff I want to talk about but shouldn't until you've had time to digest Drop 3)

I've preemptively digested already since September 5th on PTR. 

EDIT: Actually I realized I had another question about drop 3 you never answered previously. Do the "add-a-rune flux" drop at the completion of a dungeon or from each boss? Basically it's the difference of whetehr or not I'm going to spend a few hour repeat solo farming normal Tugga or Krogan. 

-Garth McGarth, the Mechari Warrior who brings the deeps does it all... on NA PVE. 1/9 Datascape.

-Law son, the Cassian Esper who heals. Dominion Reputation boss too strong. Dem world bosses are sneaky.   

#19 J-Tal

J-Tal

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

I've preemptively digested already since September 5th on PTR. 

EDIT: Actually I realized I had another question about drop 3 you never answered previously. Do the "add-a-rune flux" drop at the completion of a dungeon or from each boss? Basically it's the difference of whetehr or not I'm going to spend a few hour repeat solo farming normal Tugga or Krogan. 

It has a chance to drop from every boss. It has a guaranteed drop from completion Medals, with additional guaranteed bonus rolls from Silver and Gold. So you'll probably want to complete the instance.

#20 Ahnor

Ahnor
  • Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

I was gonna ask about that too.

So another 4 months till loot overhaul. That's a big turn off for me.

• Lord Bweaty likes this