Just a thought on holidays (more so Halloween)

holidays costumes

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 PGGR

• Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

I will have to agree with the idea of at least giving out a gift costume this month. The news, while understandable are grim and nice gifts do tend to make things better.

Decor, Special Quests, Vendors & NPCs all require testing and can cause bugs, so I can understand wanting to avoid them. Does the same rule apply for an account gift-costume?

If possible, I am sure many would love a cowboy hat. :) Maybe a giftbox of hats?

Hope you take it into consideration. :)

Thovain Silverthorn | 50 | Esper | Aurin Exile | Jabbit PvE MegaServer

Roleplayer | Housing Fanatic

Guild member of [The Voidrunners]

#42 MeteoriteSiren

• Members
  • LocationOn Nexus

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

Maybe they can get started now for some holidays for next year.

January - Lunar theme holiday
February - Valentine Day
April - Easter Aurin event

#43 CRB_Anlath

• Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:31 AM

So as people know, there won't be any halloween,possibly even a christmas this year from what I'm reading and I had a thought.

Maybe if possible and as a way to throw people a bone add the costume not relevant to halloween(or even those as well) to vendors and such like the ICI and blackhood outfits, maybe Torine, Draken,etc...as well. 

My thought behind it is that perhaps this least maybe could be a way of letting players generate their own halloween? like i dunno...trick or treating via housing plots and such, having costume parties, etc... I don't think it'd need much testing to do this and the costumes seemed mapped to their respective faction models already from what I've seen.

Just a thought. Probably a silly knee-jerk thought, but jsut a thought I wanted to share...

(don't kill me)

There's already a lot of players using the existing costume system to create "costumes" of famous characters or cool designs, plus folk are making haunted houses with the Housing system as well.

Even if we can't divert the Dev resources to doing something like this, if any players wanted to organize a "Trick or Treat" run on Halloween, I'd love to support it/promote it!

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#44 bravoart

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

Even something as simple as putting costumes on a vendor -- bypassing the reward structure we had all baked into Shade's Eve -- would require testing to make sure it's selling the right things, that it'd show up at the right time, that it would clean up after the holiday, etc. All of this testing is time away from ensuring the quality of Drop 3 and could introduce new bugs (edge cases are fun!).

Believe me, I would like nothing better than to give you all of the awesome stuff we had cooked up for the holiday season this year, but practicality and priorities dictated otherwise this time. I hope you'll enjoy it when it does come around. :)

What about the account inventory? We got those neat Squid hats and Loyalist Berets, A holiday unpackable like the Highway Man's gear would be great. :3c

• Naunet, Muffinsforever and VicVanMeter like this

[For Science] - Dominion/Caretaker

#45 Muffinsforever

• Members

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

What about the account inventory? We got those neat Squid hats and Loyalist Berets, A holiday unpackable like the Highway Man's gear would be great. :3c

That... seems entirely plausible and would require way less work to implement than adding an npc or something, Carbine please, throw us a bone!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: holidays, costumes