154 replies to this topic

#1 Pappy

Pappy

Game Director

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

C9psFl7.jpg

Hey everyone!

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you for playing WildStar and making our first three months an exciting and unforgettable time! We couldn't have done it without you! It has been awesome to see everyone running around Nexus and experiencing all of the adventures it has to offer.

For some of you, part of that adventure is delving into the lore of our races, our factions, and of planet Nexus itself. Through datacubes, journals, the Galactic Archives and Tales From Beyond The Fringe, we have done our best to offer you a veritable cornucopia of lore available at every turn as you play through the game. No secret was safe! No page left unwritten! No subject taboo!

But, despite our best efforts, there are still many questions that have yet to be answered. Nexus is a living world full of rabid lorehounds, and they won't rest until all of the mysteries of the galaxy have been revealed!

With that in mind, we are going to start a new initiative called Loremageddon where I and other members of the Narrative Design team will answer lore questions collected from the community. We will focus mainly on questions that are not currently answered in the game, working with all of you to expand WildStar's universe. And the best part? We will add all that delicious lore back into the game, so that new players and old can enjoy it.

Here's how it works:

You have until the 21st of September to ask your Lore question by either replying to this thread or asking me on twitter (in English) to @Pappylicious using #WSLoremageddon. You can also tweet in French/German to @WildStar_FR / @WildStar_DE respectively.

With the help of the community team we’ll select the best questions and will answer them in a future post!

Ready? The first Loremageddon starts today! So send in those questions and we'll get to work!
Pappy

#2 erebuss

erebuss
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

If the Eldan came to Nexus to use it as their site to make the Genesis Prime, is their homeworld still out there somewhere?  We know what happened to the Eldan on Nexus, but could the race still exist?

#3 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

What will happen to the Aurin if Queen Myala dies?

Do you like stories? I wrote one!  Read it here. :D 

#4 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

What does Vitara actually look like? A forest guardian?

#5 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

What is the deal with Espers not being telekinetic but still floating in the air and spinning around?

#6 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Can the Torine still have babies? Or are they like the Mordesh?

#7 KaeyiDream

KaeyiDream
  • Members
  • LocationMalgrave ♥

If V-Lazzy doesn't find a cure for the contagion will all Mordesh characters die and be removed from the game? *evil grin* #HardcoreMode

• Party On Garth likes this

♡ YouTube: www.youtube.com/kaeyidream ♡ Twitter: www.twitter.com/kaeyidream ♡ Twitch: www.twitch.tv/kaeyidream ♡ Instagram: www.instagram.com/kaeyidream :3

#8 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

If the Everpool grants eternal life, are there animals and plants that live forever?

#9 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

What's the deal with the random giant robots?
  • zombiechan and Stitchfeather like this

#10 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

As an FYI, you may want to think about your questions and then post them together in one post rather than individually! They will still get looked at don't worry!

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#11 Evanlysis

Evanlysis
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

Do the Mechari dream at all? Are they able to truly experience empathy?

#12 zombiechan

zombiechan
  • Members
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

Are the Lopps planning to take over Nexus?

Are Lopps and Chua related?

What if the Dominion come up with a cure for the Mordesh? Will the Mordesh switch sides?

• Cujo4x likes this

"Anyhoo, Tizgo has been stung about seven hundred times so far. Can't feel pain anymore. Mouth only thing moving... and... not easy. So good job... Duke... Dumb-face. Killed us for... tea" - Tizgo Gopp

Adrian Denan(Mordesh Stalker) && Rax Zarmixx(Chua Engineer) && Mako Razorhorn (Draken Warrior)

RIP Warbringer (and Warhound)(Nvm Warhound is dead again)  :(

#13 Rikudou

Rikudou
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

In regards to the Chua secret - are they male/female and how do you tell? :)

RIKUDOUGAMING
Rikudou YouTube / Twitter / Rikudou Gaming Facebook
Aurin Stalker - Chua Medic

#14 Rocio

Rocio
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

Otay! Sorry!

#15 Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

Potential spoilers from Dominion storylines, I know - you've been warned...

• Where has Calidor and the rest of the Ascendancy got to?
  • Where has Artemis Zin gone, and what has been happening with her having the Elder Cube in her head?
    • Was the data on the Elder Cube quantum locked like the facility in Grimvault was, or was it subject to infection/corruption?
    • Is the Elder Cube still "sane" since it has low level intelligence?
    • Was the Elder Cube intelligence subsumed by Artemis, or is it affecting her from here on out?
  • The Ikthian Fleet was wrecked by the Ancient Eldan Weapon. Is revenge likely?
    • Where is Gelic Ironscale?
  • Was the Fist of Azrion the only attempt by the Dominion to take Strain/Biophage technology offworld?
    • Have any attempts to fully isolate it (presumably with Exanite, taken from Kel'Voreth perhaps) been successful?

Thanks Chad and team!

• Party On Garth likes this
Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
WSC's Owner Administrator
http://wildstar-central.com/

#16 Soless

Soless
  • Members
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

How long does it take to get from Arboria to Nexus?

Are there any new refugees from Arboria showing up? 

Are rescue missions even feasible?

• Stitchfeather likes this

#17 Party On Garth

Party On Garth
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

1. What's the Entity's name? Alternatively, why does it refer to itself as merely existing rather than having something to call itself?

2. What information did Artemis Zin learn from the extra enormous data cube?

3. Why has no one seen Emperor Myrcalus in a long time? Is he a robot now? Have the machines taken over? 

4. Following #3 will there be any sort of follow up to Agent Lex assassinating a luminai? What was that luminai up to?  

• Placker likes this

-Garth McGarth, the Mechari Warrior who brings the deeps does it all... on NA PVE. 1/9 Datascape.

-Law son, the Cassian Esper who heals. Dominion Reputation boss too strong. Dem world bosses are sneaky.   

#18 Sforze

Sforze
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Are there any languages native to the races present in either faction that exist at the time of the present game? Specifically, I imagine draken, aurin, or chua having indigenous languages that may not be fully integrated and still exist among their respective population in spite of their membership in the Exiles/Dominion. Aaand, last question: Humans/Cassians are divided by Brit/American accents, but are there any other major linguistic rifts between them that may affect their communication?

• 1001001001001 and Norah like this

Sforze FisherVICE

sforzeplayswildstar

#19 Angerina

Angerina
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

What exactly was the purpose of the Order of Evokers? 

#20 Seztren

Seztren
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Give us more information on Mechari lifestyle and "biology". We know almost nothing about how they work.

- Do Mechari truly have varying emotions, personalities, wants, needs, etc.? Or are all these simply an act in order to better integrate into organic society?

- Can Mechari feel strong, positive emotions for another person such as empathy, love, mercy, etc.? What about unconscious emotions/reactions such as pleasure, pain, fear, and so on?

- Does their Eldan programming restrict the Mechari in any way? Can they never betray the Dominion, or are the Mechari more loyal to their Eldan Masters than the Dominion? Can they consciously choose their own path or are they bound to their programming?

- Do Mechari contract computer viruses? Can they be hacked?

- Can a Mechari body move independently without its head?

- Are Mechari normally considered upper class, due to their Eldan heritage?

- We know there's a case of a Mechari marrying a Cassian. Is intermarriage between Mechari and biological species common though? What about between Mechari and other Mechari? Are these relationships more for status, or love/friendship?

- We know Mechari bodies are built in factories and they don't reproduce, but can/do they also engage in, er, "recreational baby-making"? Or, "interfacing"? Whatever they call it.

• DoctorCorvex and Norah like this

Vermana - Dominion - Mechari Female Engineer - Entity (Not by choice.) - KotK Officer - For Science Member - 6/6  || 15/15  ||  7/7 (Pre-Matrix <3)