#teamCrowbar

<-- Ops Guy

~C~

#2 Sandinmyeye

Sandinmyeye
  • Members
  • LocationRight over there.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

It is cool that you finally did this, it is a drag that I just paid $20 less then 2 weeks ago, before any of this was thought of.

So props, but I feel like I've had a large bird fly over be, and now I have a messy head  :(

#3 Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana
  • Members
  • LocationDeep in the Heart of Nexus

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

POPULAR

Yeah, I'm gone. Thanks for everything but my community is now being dissolved.

Well done. Every choice this team makes is the wrong one for me. I am sorry my sub renewed this weekend.

• Naunet, BrotherNumsie, Aurin Spellslinger and 10 others like this

Sheriff Texarcana • Stalker • Settler • Entity (NA PVE)

<Blazing Saddles>

#4 Typrop

Typrop
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

I'm hoping I'm reading things wrong...but as a person on Evindra I am deeply saddened...

genuinely saddened...

Would it not have been better to merge all the RP realms into one on the EU side and on the NA side just have the one RP server? Even going forward with this mega server you've presented an RP channel seems awkward to me as it is sounding. It basically is a zone/region wide channel if I'm  reading right, which isn't good for RP beyond organizing massive events...

If I'm reading how this RP channel works wrong, please correct me. However from what I've read it does not help make a friendly RP environment and instead stacks on to the /say range issue, where there is just so much clutter and interference it can make RP unfriendly...

• Naunet, Guldfisk, War Siren and 5 others like this

Tealful Eyes | Bonedancer Maktri

#5 Sandinmyeye

Sandinmyeye
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

I ask why the RPers feel bad about it? I was told most of the people on that server don't RP anyways? I mean guilds can still be guilds...?

(but i do agree, the RP realms should have stayed their own.)

• Ticon likes this

#6 Skrilla

Skrilla
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Personally I hate the idea of a megaserver.

I much prefer the 3-4 servers that you guys are pushing to now.  I support that decision, I don't support just having one giant server everyone is on.

I think if you did a poll you would see an overwhelming majority of people favor 4 servers to one giant one.

• Guldfisk and 1001001001001 like this

Skrilla - Avatus - Stalker

#7 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

POPULAR

As a casual roleplayer, I do NOT want this to happen. I know us roleplayers are not the big money audience, but we do keep games alive past their death dates. Come on.. :(
  • Naunet, ZiddersRoofurry, Guldfisk and 7 others like this

#8 Kaelish

Kaelish
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

So now those people who were toxic and jumped to a different server will be back with the original player base again with the mega servers. I'm ... I'm really not sure how I feel about knowing the jerks that left, because progression wasn't "fast" enough for them, will be back. Much less that guilds with the same names are going to be forced to give up their name if they don't have seniority. And new server firsts? How do you suppose you do that for cooking and other crafts? Remake everything again?

I am just... confused by this. 

Edit:

TL;DR Megaserver Feedback Consolidation Post - Here

• ZiddersRoofurry, FireStormDemon, 1001001001001 and 2 others like this

Kaelish BrightskyAurin Spellslinger - happy darling in <The Crimson Cross> NA-Entity

<Has Returned>

#9 Halfthor

Halfthor
  • Members

Looking forward to it!

• poptart likes this

#10 War Siren

War Siren
  • Members
  • LocationSinging Songs Of War

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

Well done. Every choice this team makes is the wrong one for me. I am sorry my sub renewed this weekend.

^

This Looks like Blizzard is getting my money from here out

• Guldfisk and Sehvun like this

"The song of war sweeps over men of ill intent, like a siren calling a sailor to home her bosom."

Characters of choice: War Siren - Warrior - Exiles - Entity & Keraya Skulltaker - Warrior - Dominion - Warhound

#11 Lankybrit

Lankybrit
  • Guests
  • LocationPleasanton, CA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

I ask why the RPers feel bad about it? I was told most of the people on that server don't RP anyways? I mean guilds can still be guilds...?

I agree. I think they're all over-reacting.

• poptart, BadDogEDN, Tankanidis and 5 others like this

My Life on Planet Nexus And Beyond (Blog) - http://lankywsblog.blogspot.com/ (Updated every Monday)

#12 Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch
  • Members

For all that is holy, please do NOT merge Evindra with a PvP server or even a normal PvE server.

There's a reason people rolled on Evindra, and that's for RP. If you're just going to make it like every other server, than what's the point? People will get harassed and laughed at when they were just trying to enjoy the game, and it'd be a lie if anyone said that there wouldn't be griefers. That, and I have a feeling that the people who were trying to avoid RP will now have it shoved in their faces.

Either make an RP-PvP server and merge us with that, or just keep Evindra completely seperated. Otherwise, this is just going to end in disaster for all those involved.

RP actually happens. It's a thing. It'll make public RPing that much harder, and will probably end up confined to housing at this rate if at all.

• Naunet, ZiddersRoofurry, Rylanor and 3 others like this

#13 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

POPULAR

Since everyone here is being a naysayer and complaining that their community of 15 roleplayers is going to have less people to play with, I implore you to band together with your tight knit community and take advantage of the free transfers to increase the community you've been wanting for so long on another server.

I for one am extremely excited to finally be able to play with people again.  Many of my friends have transferred away, and now those of us that stayed will be able to play with them again.  A few of my friends will certainly be returning to the game, as now their playtimes will be full of interaction with other players instead of by themselves.

I do find it annoying that they kept it secret this long, milking people for transfer money, as paid transfers should never be to find a functioning population.

Cheers for a much needed (although a month too late) bit of server transferring.

All in all a good thing I guess.

itt: the only people that RP in wildstar

• poptart, cakesphere, reaver999 and 7 others like this

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#14 BadDogEDN

BadDogEDN
  • Members
  • Location'Murica

Can I have your stuffs!

On a serious note deal with it, this is amazing change, the needs of the many, something something few right?

#completefaithincarbine

You guys rock! things keep geting better every week

• poptart, Drebble, Tree Fiddy and 1 other like this

___          
 __|___|__               - Edowado -

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Trust Me I'm an Engineer"    

#15 Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana
  • Members
  • LocationDeep in the Heart of Nexus

For all that is holy, please do NOT merge Evindra with a PvP server or even a normal PvE server.

There's a reason people rolled on Evindra, and that's for RP. If you're just going to make it like every other server, than what's the point? People will get harassed and laughed at when they were just trying to enjoy the game, and it'd be a lie if anyone said that there wouldn't be griefers. That, and I have a feeling that the people who were trying to avoid RP will now have it shoved in their faces.

Either make an RP-PvP server and merge us with that, or just keep Evindra completely seperated. Otherwise, this is just going to end in disaster for all those involved.

Too late. They don't obviously do not care.

Sheriff Texarcana • Stalker • Settler • Entity (NA PVE)

<Blazing Saddles>

#16 3Scoops

3Scoops
  • Members

Awesome!

BUT, I HATE the idea of forcing us to have last names.

HATE HATE HATE, get rid of this and I'm fine!

• dinwitt, rembo, FireStormDemon and 4 others like this

Hannah McKay - Jabbit - Dominion

Mandy Candy - Luminai - Dominion

Mandy - Hazak - Dominion

#17 Kaelish

Kaelish
  • Members

Ah crud, that means my storyline of Kael on Evindra and Stormtalon is wrecked, doesn't it. This is making my head hurt.

Where is Evindra going to go when it gets merged?

Kaelish BrightskyAurin Spellslinger - happy darling in <The Crimson Cross> NA-Entity

<Has Returned>

#18 Sandinmyeye

Sandinmyeye
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

Well i almost went to the RP server, but guildies on Orias went stormtalon.

It was:  xfer and play with people you know  vs  xfer and have to meet new people.

Not that I'm against RPing (always thought it would be fun), or meeting new people, but I took the easy option and went with people I had already began to know/do stuff with.

#19 theAmadox

theAmadox
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

because for RPers, the most important thing ever is immersion. and having Non-RPers drive their hoverboard through you, dance around you and spam stuff during your RP pretty much destroys that. 

While merging Servers / Megaservers is probably a good thing, reducing roleplayers to a chat channel is a REALLY bad move for Roleplay. I am very disappointed.

• Naunet, Bandersnatch, Togglebutton and 5 others like this

#20 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

For the RP crew,

I'm going to paint the target on my back here and say that, the very, VERY sad truth is that we couldn't justify a megaserver JUST for RP.

Believe me, I'm gutted. I play on Lightspire myself and have always championed RP communities in MMOs, I've played on them in my personal and professional time and always found them to be wonderful places.

We will introduce a new RP Chat Channel, and combined with Circles, Guilds, and Housing I still *genuinely* feel WildStar has a lot to offer an RP Community. But I know many won't see it that way, will be fearful of sharing a realm with normal gamer folk and this will be upsetting news for them.

I can only apologise and say we did try to consider it, but in the end the cruel math of logistics won out.

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.