Please re-design the matchmaking system so people can actually play

fire matchmaking design team

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlucard

xXAlucard
  • Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

Seriously, it's a joke that we have to plan way in advance with multiple people / teams / factions across servers to play the game-type.

There's so much potential here and it looks like whoever designed this put a lot of work into it, but unfortunately their talent is being wasted because hardly anyone is able to queue for warplots in a reasonable amount of time.

It's really sad that there have been no recent announcements / updates about re-working the entire queuing system for warplots, because it could really give us a reason to play in between raids / weekly resets / down-time. 

I know that there are tons of important priorities right now with the bug fixes & rune changes & drop 3 planned to hit sometime in 2015, but it just amazes me that there's no word about an entire mode of the game being virtually ignored by the mass majority of players because there's no easy way to queue for it without extensive planning and coordination with OTHER 40 man teams.

On top of that, you make one of the imbuements for the new 1800 weapon (which was introduced very recently) require 15 warplot wins... are for real bro?  

It's difficult enough just to arrange, coordinate, and PLAY 15 warplot matches in less than a month with how bad the matchmaking system is, and someone at the design team thought it would be smart to expect us to not only get the matches, but win them all, for +10 assault power?  I feel like that must be a typo, and you guys meant to make it "win 15 rated battlegrounds," or something...since it's a BG WEAPON, not a warplot one.  Please change that.

#kobe

[Hindsight] Britney Spears (warrior in training)

#2 TheRedViper69

TheRedViper69
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

But that is what makes it so hardcore the fact that people can't do them mainly!

#3 Naix

Naix
  • Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

I'd assume warplots are just a low priority at the moment, they could definitely be fun but they require so many people and it's a separate queue on top of the large amount of players required. I'm not sure how they could ideally fix them

#4 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

First off I have done TONS of warplots. The match making system isn't broken just the users trying to operate it.

You can Q up warplots with 10 people in your warparty min and the rest can be filled by mercs. But if those mercs are apart of another warparty they will not be matched into your group.

I have done at least 15 Plus warplots since launch and tonight was the worst since the other team was clueless. We played them before and are on the largest PVE server but couldn't get a full 40 man?

I spend a lot of time setting this up with tons of people and wasting their time due to pure ignorance. I wasted so many hours this week sitting in Q waiting for teams to get all set up. I spent more time sitting around doing nothing but aranging groups to watch it all fail because people are just down right stupid.

The system isn't broken its the user behind it.

From now on I am making another warplot and going to set up teams on my own server to Q up at times that will work better for players who raid etc. I am done setting up anything with any fool who posts on this forum or messages me in game saying they will do warplots. They are all a joke and just can't handle the game mode due to lack of brain power.

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#5 Deathypoo

Deathypoo
  • Members
  • LocationD.C.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Frezz, you have terrible reading comprehension.  You misread my PM's, ignored the clarifications I tried to send you when I realized you had misread them, and now you're ignoring the circumstances of the problems last night.  I'm bummed about last night too, but if 40 people sat around twiddling their thumbs last Tuesday, that's all on YOU.

By the way, regardless of whether they were a dealing with game bugs (as I believe) or personal idiocy (as you obviously believe), it wasn't US having the problem, so don't tar me with that brush.

As for only getting 30 people... we're a small guild on the largest PvE server.  PVE.  I wish it were PvP, but it's not, and interest is low.  Drumming up a War Party isn't easy.  We've also had multiple nights where our promised opponent didn't show up, and that makes it even harder to get the War Party raid full.

This whole part of the game is extremely frustrating to set up, and anyone on these forums trying to do so has experienced that.  This is, unfortunately, a pretty small subset of Wildstar players - I wouldn't fling so much mud around such a small playground if I were you.

Architect in-game and in real life.  Spellslinger in-game and in real life.

Hero to the downtrodden.  Champion Among Men.  King of the Mountain.  OhshitmybossishereBYE!

#6 Frezz

Frezz
  • Members
  • LocationCheese Head Land

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I honestly don't care if I ever play your team. If you can't get the people for warplots then don't go passing lies around on the forums like you want to play them.

I will make FAR more competitive teams than yours and people will actually get to enjoy warplots. I'm done face rolling people who are clueless to the game mode saying its broken. Going to stream EVERYTHING so you can watch and see what warplots could be. Not this game mode you keep picturing in your head with GENTLEMEN AGREEMENTS not to kill plugs since that would make your life too hard. You want this game mode to be care bear time with sun shine bear, but sadly its not.

SO QQ more I don't care if anyone Q's up since NO ONE DOES or LIES ABOUT IT FOR HOURS. Thanks for wasting every ones time. I spent more time in Q this week than actually game time. Exiles can't even Q up ranked battlegrounds they are so clueless.

RIP PVP - Never Forget MuffinMan - 10/23/14
Tikkun Olam - Neverheals, Neverdie, Neverlives
Twitch.tv/Youtube - North Africa #1 Dominion PVP Guild

#7 Deathypoo

Deathypoo
  • Members
  • LocationD.C.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Wow, you just can't stop combining all your issues into one giant complaint, can you?  I have no idea what you're talking about as far as "gentleman's agreements" or whatever.  The one game we played, we DID get facerolled, and we all laughed about it and wanted to do it again.

As far as "lies"... the whole Subject line in the other thread was a call to arms for Mercs. I knew we wouldn't get 40, and I never claimed we would.

Architect in-game and in real life.  Spellslinger in-game and in real life.

Hero to the downtrodden.  Champion Among Men.  King of the Mountain.  OhshitmybossishereBYE!

#8 CRB_TheMuffinMan

CRB_TheMuffinMan
  • Banned

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Warplots revisions are currently in the works to revise both gameplay and queuing requirements.

Warplot Size and Queuing:

- Reducing team size requirements to 30.

- More queuing options for warplots. Players who are already a part of a Warparty will be able to queue as Mercs

- Mercenary only matches will be available (for example, if there are no warparties queued and 60 Mercs are queued, a merc only match will start)

Game Play Updates:

The concept of plug energy has been reworked so that maintenance cost will be the same for both teams regardless of plug load out. Energy can still be depleted through player kills, plug and generator destruction.

The game play is being revised and will introduce the concept of Nano-Pak linking and Plug Gating.

Warplot entrances will now be blocked by force fields and Nano-Pak linking will be required to enter the enemy warplot. Once three connecting Nano-Pak nodes are captured, barriers blocking entry into the enemy warplot will be removed.

Plug gating will prevent enemies from moving deeper into the enemy’s warplot until the plug structure unit is destroyed.

The flow for gaining access to the enemy generators will be as follows

Create a Nano-Pak link to gain access to both small warplot plugs of the enemy Warplot -> Destroy the small plug to gain access to the large plug -> Destroy the large plug to gain access to the generator

New Plugs:

New large plugs will be available that will provide plug counter play options.

Demolition Charge – This is a bomb that can be used on the plug structure units and generators to do large amounts of damage

Plug Bypass Tool – This can be applied to plug structure units to temporarily disable their benefits and bring down the force field blocking access to the next plug/generator

Sap Field – This can be planted on a structure unit or generator to do damage over time until it is disabled by the defending team.

These changes are currently in development and are targeted for drop 4/5

#9 Glepnir

Glepnir
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

Kevin,

Any chance of seeing War Coins that can be bought for Prestige off the Warplot Vending Machine inside a Warplot?

Would give players an alternate method of generating War Coins for building/upgrades/deployables/repairs, simply set the conversion rate high enough that it takes a warparty's effort to do rather than what a single player would be doing.

Also would encourage more active PvP in Battlegrounds or Arenas that typically net faster Prestige between matches.

Otherwise I am afraid this change only introduces a new 30 vs 30 Battleground with its own loot vendor, without much group play or goal oriented progression added to it.

Warplots really are great and enjoyable group content, which minus the queue issues and an alternate method of building them back up between matches I can see players running them constantly.

#10 Ticon

Ticon
  • Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Nice to see changes to warplot.

something i have yet to experience in the game. since i had so much trouble queing to play -as a merc.

and the upcoming pvp changes.

#11 CRB_TheMuffinMan

CRB_TheMuffinMan
  • Banned

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Kevin,

Any chance of seeing War Coins that can be bought for Prestige off the Warplot Vending Machine inside a Warplot?

Would give players an alternate method of generating War Coins for building/upgrades/deployables/repairs, simply set the conversion rate high enough that it takes a warparty's effort to do rather than what a single player would be doing.

Also would encourage more active PvP in Battlegrounds or Arenas that typically net faster Prestige between matches.

Otherwise I am afraid this change only introduces a new 30 vs 30 Battleground with its own loot vendor, without much group play or goal oriented progression added to it.

Warplots really are great and enjoyable group content, which minus the queue issues and an alternate method of building them back up between matches I can see players running them constantly.

That is certainly an interesting idea. I'll run it by a few more people and get a better idea of what it would take to implement such a system

#12 Phoebus

Phoebus
  • Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

you should atleast put the 30 ppl change in way before all these other changes. cause the way its going warplots will never be done ever again, the biggest pvp server in NA cant even get a warplot going

#13 damo2113

damo2113
  • Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

Warplots revisions are currently in the works to revise both gameplay and queuing requirements.

Warplot Size and Queuing:

- Reducing team size requirements to 30.

- More queuing options for warplots. Players who are already a part of a Warparty will be able to queue as Mercs

- Mercenary only matches will be available (for example, if there are no warparties queued and 60 Mercs are queued, a merc only match will start)

Game Play Updates:

The concept of plug energy has been reworked so that maintenance cost will be the same for both teams regardless of plug load out. Energy can still be depleted through player kills, plug and generator destruction.

The game play is being revised and will introduce the concept of Nano-Pak linking and Plug Gating.

Warplot entrances will now be blocked by force fields and Nano-Pak linking will be required to enter the enemy warplot. Once three connecting Nano-Pak nodes are captured, barriers blocking entry into the enemy warplot will be removed.

Plug gating will prevent enemies from moving deeper into the enemy’s warplot until the plug structure unit is destroyed.

The flow for gaining access to the enemy generators will be as follows

Create a Nano-Pak link to gain access to both small warplot plugs of the enemy Warplot -> Destroy the small plug to gain access to the large plug -> Destroy the large plug to gain access to the generator

New Plugs:

New large plugs will be available that will provide plug counter play options.

Demolition Charge – This is a bomb that can be used on the plug structure units and generators to do large amounts of damage

Plug Bypass Tool – This can be applied to plug structure units to temporarily disable their benefits and bring down the force field blocking access to the next plug/generator

Sap Field – This can be planted on a structure unit or generator to do damage over time until it is disabled by the defending team.

These changes are currently in development and are targeted for drop 4/5

Could you please allow people to complete quests and possibly even que for other content while queing for warplots. Currently, if i que as part of a warparty, i cant do anything else while i wait. This is a punishment for trying to do warplots, and possibly only related to the infrequency of waiting for que pops, but being able to run daily's while i wait, makes it much more enjoyable to wait for warplots pops.

#14 CRB_TheMuffinMan

CRB_TheMuffinMan
  • Banned

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

you should atleast put the 30 ppl change in way before all these other changes. cause the way its going warplots will never be done ever again, the biggest pvp server in NA cant even get a warplot going

I was able to get approvals so the warplot team size will now be reduced in the next drop!

#15 Glepnir

Glepnir
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

I was able to get approvals so the warplot team size will now be reduced in the next drop!

Good to see some of these changes coming sooner rather than later, though until the queue mechanic changes are implemented and a better method of rebuilding/upgrading warplots between matches, plus a greater incentive than arenas(apart from group composition) for doing warplots, I wouldn't expect a huge change in participation.

#16 damo2113

damo2113
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Agreed, warplots needs some kind of unique rewards system. Otherwise people will take the path of least resistance, even if warplots where more fun. Think Warplots are to arenas, and bgs, as Raids are to dungeons and adventures.

#17 Glepnir

Glepnir
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Triple the bag and loot rewards for winning, and give the losing side the current results for winning would be a good place to start, since ultimately you want a carrot more appealing than arena queues for both winners and losers