Photo

Esper Update - August

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 Blinkss

Blinkss
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

Then why would i take an amp if i won't notice a change in my DPS?

Who knows it might be utility, survivability, increased armor etc. 

#42 Kaioh

Kaioh
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

So no short term heal fix, what are the healers supposed to do meanwhile ?

You say you are listening so why fixing healing spec (for all classes BTW) is not your top priority ?

Why is my esper way more valuable in dps than in heal in arena ? How long are we suppose to tolerate this ?

#43 vanisha

vanisha
  • Guests
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

cause it's only pvp related >.<", pve wise healing is untouched.

Vanou Nounounounou - 2.2k+ healing/dps Esper - Exile - EU

Navou Vouvouvouvou - Stalker - Dom - EU

#44 Xaoshaen

Xaoshaen
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Then why would i take an amp if i won't notice a change in my DPS?

Your DPS will remain unchanged if you do not take the AMP. Presumably, if you do take the AMP, your DPS will increase while stationary.
  • Elo'naa likes this

#45 Seryss

Seryss
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Just let this standing still gameplay thing go please, almost no one wants it. 

Suggestions for healing

The two healing skills i would like to see changed are pyro flame, and mirage.

For Pyrokinetic flame i would alter it to be a targeted skill if used on an ally grants a 25% healing beacon, if used on on an enemy increases dmg done by x% but that would require them to balance pvp/pve skills differently. It would be dispellable/purgable 

For Mirage make it instant, but nerf the heal to something more reasonable, that would give us a nice burst heal that isn't reliant on PP. It's a skill unlocked by amps in the t3 support tree it should be worthwhile.

Overall i think we need more ability points to introduce a little more diversity in builds because right now you throw most of your points into your main spammable attack/heal and your big attack/heal then t4 something that isn't complete trash for whats left.

Fix Catharsis

#46 Jellyy

Jellyy
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

First of all:

Espers can pull VERY competitive DPS as long as we have a haunt debuff esper.

The parses on wildstarlogs are VERY misleading because the majority of the time, nobody is running haunt, which means our DPS is usually 16% to 24% lower than it should be (as it's just not worth it to run haunt if there are only two espers in the raid).

The reason why you don't see guilds stacking espers like you do engineers or stalkers is for the most part legacy: There just aren't that many raiding espers out there and if they have an established raid group, they're not goign to kick one of their friends to bring in an esper just for better raid comp.

This is in contrast to classes like engineers or warriors that will always have the right debuffs on a boss because it's not a dps loss for them to run it (like every DPS engineer essentially brings his own debuffs or most raids have a guy who runs tier 8 frenzy/particle ejector anyways).

When Espers have someone running tier 8 haunt, their DPS will usually be at the very top of the charts.

Further:

There are a lot of people who enjoyed the stationary game play and want to be rewarded for playing a more challenging class.

Adding stationary amps should not negatively affect your DPS, it'll just give people who enjoy min-maxing something to strive towards.

#47 Dreiko

Dreiko
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Soo, Carbine have made a game where movement is EVERYTHING and they want light armom class bonus for standing still?! What?!

Skulm was right, finding Logic in Carbine`s decision is looking for needle in a haystack

Superiority AMP is OP and it should be nerfed

Ii wanna see more info on spell updates, i hope TS is not geting nerfed because of cry baby stalkers who cant handle it :).

• chuddingsworth likes this

#48 Rizaz

Rizaz
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

The parses on wildstarlogs are VERY misleading because the majority of the time, nobody is running haunt, which means our DPS is usually 16% to 24% lower than it should be (as it's just not worth it to run haunt if there are only two espers in the raid).

Haunt doesn't increase damage by 16 - 24%. It reduces magic resistance by up to 24%. They're much different. Realistically, haunt is probably like a 5% damage increase.

Rizaz PUG - 50 Esper

http://www.voodooguild.org/forums/

#49 godseamonkey

godseamonkey
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Responding to dev post not any of them afterwards.

Nerfing the Superiority? why did it make us Superior to any other class? nope

to people whining about stationary buffs go back to your slingers you leveled up before esper mobility changes 

as for the ability changes TK change the t8 to something like 15% dmg increase when stationary give us 5% more dmg then it was before for being stationary. SS take that damn skill off gcd so useless with it on gcd. haunt more changes to it ok why did you change it last month then? MB up the crit chance on it to make the overall dmg more comparable to TKS. IB useless right now hoping for good change to it as with BD and Reap

next part changing our AP to match other classes say warrior and engies that alone would nerf Superiority you would get around 30 less AP per 100moxie not including milestones. Now if you change their AP to ours samething will happen with there primary stat increases but opposite they'd gain 30AP per 100 Primary Stat. Most likely increasing the gap between our dps and theirs with them being on top atm (i believe stalkers really are the only other class with 25% primary stat increase). 

and hurry up w/ healing amp changes most of them arent even used by any healer 

#50 Rizaz

Rizaz
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Changing t8 strike to anything would be such a huge damage nerf. Please don't do that, it's probably our best tier bonus.

Rizaz PUG - 50 Esper

http://www.voodooguild.org/forums/

#51 deciett

deciett
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

I can't quite figure out how reducing superiority results in no net loss of mobile DPS honestly. I'll leave it til we actually get solid numbers on these changes to start worrying, but I'm feeling pretty unconvinced right now. If it warranted a nerf on their internal metrics, it seems like they put a bit too much into our stationary payoff which will make it mandatory for us to turret up to compete, falling behind when we have to move.

Honestly, if the point is stationary payoff then our completely mobile DPS should compare reasonably to how others perform (within 5-10%, not 500-1000) and our stationary bonuses should put us strictly ahead (by about 5-10%, not by 500-1000). My $0.02.

#52 Jimmylegs

Jimmylegs
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

The DPS gained from using the Stationary AMPs/Tiers will be strictly a bonus. If you choose not to take advantage of the Stationary Tiers or AMPs you should not notice a DPS increase nor a decrease. 

Wait... so then what's the point of taking these AMPs? If I have them, and use them I will do say, 5k dps. But if I decide I don't want them and wont use them, I should still do 5k dps. Unless I read it wrong, if I don't take these AMPs, I should not see a difference in DPS which is the same as saying "If you take these AMPs you shouldn't see a difference in DPS."

Edit: Lalainnia could be on the right track here. The amps may give you a minor absorb or something. Maybe if they gave me a big absorb or some kind of CD reduction (I don't know...) I don't think I would take them. I'm only 4/6 GA so for all I know a decent absorb for most of the fight could be really really useful. We will have the wait and see on some of the details.

#53 Blinkss

Blinkss
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

The DPS gained from using the Stationary AMPs/Tiers will be strictly a bonus. If you choose not to take advantage of the Stationary Tiers or AMPs you should not notice a DPS increase nor a decrease. 

Here is the quote, it's a bonus.....bonus=good like armor/mitigation extra hp list could go on even turn into a super esper or something.....are people afraid that this will stop espers from getting buffs in other areas? Personally I don't think so, I think its just going to be a special feature that the class has like how medics have fields(soon to be viable) or engs and their pets. That for me is the only think I can see people freaking out over. Otherwise relax these changes seem pretty decent so far.

(Reap change please   :ph34r:)  

sigh i put it in wrong spot and think i broke something.......

Edited by Lalainnia, 29 August 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#54 Byonaa

Byonaa
  • Members
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

I wonder how TStrike builds will be impacted in PVP once the stationary bonuses are put in place. PVE should be a non-issue.

Right now nuking Esper is in a good place in PVP because it can bring meaningful DPS while having mobility.

If the damage for cast-time nukes is brought down when used on-the-move - as a balance against the AMPs that will buff stationary casts - it may impact the current fluidity of the class in PVP.

I know that Esper was supposed to be a turret class by design a long time ago, but in PVP in this game, lack of mobility really limits a class.

This is a non-issue based on his second post:

Your mobile damage will remain the same.

C O D E X

EU . Exile . Hardcore . No Kappa

#55 Deanne

Deanne
  • Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

Will you also be addressing the issue of brutality on pretty much every single piece of healing gear?

I really hope so, our healing gear really needs some work.

#56 chuddingsworth

chuddingsworth
  • Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

I really dont understand what their affinity is  for regulating mobility at all for any class in this game. Devs, it's a dumb idea, knock it off. Focus your energy on some other aspect. -it is just silly, I wish someones boss would just terminate this ridiculous ideology and direct the team into a more useful direction. 

#57 Enurale

Enurale
  • Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

I almost never miss my rotation (especially haunt). I have good gear and rune sets. But our dps really weird. My mind burst dps range changing between 7k - 35k. Get 5 pp, saw 8-10k multiple times with mb and sadness will cover you for sure. Our dps is better and we gained mobility thanks to big esper changes, but really, most of classes has more chance to be top dps in charts, with easier rotation.

Our most dps comes from high assault power scaling ratio and superiority amp with crit hits (no crit no damage) and even as in we are right now we have not unbalanced or our dps not high enough. You will nerf the superiority and our dps will drops down dramatically and even if you do not nerf superiority, we still need some buffs and more beneficial/unbugged/realistic/tested amps.

I hope youre ready to make necessary compensations against our great loss.

#58 Archaell

Archaell
  • Members
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

It isn't specific enough, but at least we can be sure that it will help us prevent the monotony. Personally speaking, even negative changes can be refreshing.

ยท         Updated AMPs such as Tactician, B-I-N-G-O, and Mental Overflow.

I am looking forward to the revamp of these. It would be nice if:

Tactician lasted for a little longer while providing the bonus for few other group members.

B-I-N-G-O giving us free 5 PP finisher after the crit with finisher on 20-30 sec. CD

And also getting rid of the annoying orbs would be nice too. Change Mental Overflow to a buff, or as several fellow Espers wanted increase the PP cap. That would improve the PP management quite a bit.

Characters: Eko server:   Archaell (50 Engi), Aineko (50 Esper), Minariel (50 Warrior) Guild: <Czech Support>

Lightspire: Archaell (50 Warrior), Arane (24+ SS) - It's time to dominate... the slugs in my flower garden. Guild: <Venus Rising>

Main language: Czech ^.^

#59 Demonical3

Demonical3
  • Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

If they are equalizing all AP too Light armor class status whats the point of having light armor in this game? Already Warriors have higher dmg, survivability and about as much CC as Esper, why do they get the benefit of heavy armor and we dont?

Also if its being all raised to our level why would superiority amp suddenly be too powerfull we arent top dps in the game currently we are still in 5th place.

And even if your removing innates DMG increase from other classes youll still be raising them to Esper/SS Level of AP gain wont that be a huge DPS buff for those classes while we stay still? Basicly sending Esper and SS further in the back of hte line of DPS while evry class with higher armor class ( hence more survivability ) further ahead of us then they already are? And all we get to maybe balance us is amps that again turn us ( squishy light armor peeps ) into a turret vurnable in fights where movement is req ( about 90% of the fights in Wildstar ).

#60 Archaell

Archaell
  • Members
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

If they are equalizing all AP too Light armor class status whats the point of having light armor in this game? Already Warriors have higher dmg, survivability and about as much CC as Esper, why do they get the benefit of heavy armor and we dont?

Also if its being all raised to our level why would superiority amp suddenly be too powerfull we arent top dps in the game currently we are still in 5th place.

And even if your removing innates DMG increase from other classes youll still be raising them to Esper/SS Level of AP gain wont that be a huge DPS buff for those classes while we stay still? Basicly sending Esper and SS further in the back of hte line of DPS while evry class with higher armor class ( hence more survivability ) further ahead of us then they already are? And all we get to maybe balance us is amps that again turn us ( squishy light armor peeps ) into a turret vurnable in fights where movement is req ( about 90% of the fights in Wildstar ).

These classes getting more AP does not mean that they are getting damage buff - and even if they do, every skill uses different ratio to transfer AP to damage, so if they get more we can safely assume that the ratio has to decrease to keep the damage output relatively same. If the current DPS output is somehow preserved then after the changes to our standing still we should move closer in matter of dps to other classes.

Characters: Eko server:   Archaell (50 Engi), Aineko (50 Esper), Minariel (50 Warrior) Guild: <Czech Support>

Lightspire: Archaell (50 Warrior), Arane (24+ SS) - It's time to dominate... the slugs in my flower garden. Guild: <Venus Rising>

Main language: Czech ^.^