Stalker Update - August

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Asyreal

Asyreal
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Stalker Post

Hey Stalkers, I wanted to take a minute to give a heads up of what changes you can expect in the next major patch.

We are addressing some quality of life issues as well as some balance for AoE DPS, here are some more specific examples:

·         Neutralize and Ruin will be receiving a buff to their damage. Additionally, Neutralize will stack fewer times and has had its tier 4 and tier 8 slightly reworked to increase its damage output.

·         Bloodthirst has been reworked to give an outgoing damage buff at the base tier in addition to its Lifesteal. Additionally the Tier 4 and 8 have been reworked.

·         Stim Drone has been reworked to have a CC Break at base.

·         With the upcoming changes to Assault and Support Power being adjusted to match other classes Brutality Mastery was performing far better than intended and has been adjusted to compensate for that change.

·         The cooldown on Stealth is will reset when the Stalker dies.

Beyond the adjustments listed above, we will be focusing on the Tank spec for a more distant patch. A few things we are investigating:

·         Improve Support style AMP selections.

·         Improve the effectiveness of minimally used Abilities and Ability Tiers.

·         General look at Threat gained per damage dealt.

General Balance Update Note 

Due to the fact that the DPS Stance damage increases were causing some imbalances within combat, we have normalized Assault Power across all classes and Support Power across all Tanks with the following changes:

·         Weapons have been normalized across all Classes

o   For example, equal Heavy Guns and Pistols will now grant the same amount of Assault and Support Power

·         Assault Power gained via Primary Attributes and Milestones has been normalized across all Classes

o   A classes Primary DPS stat now always grants 0.61 points of Assault Power

o   Assault Power Milestones will now always grant 24.4 points of Assault Power

·         Support Power gained via Primary Attributes and Milestones has been normalized across all Tanks

o   A classes Primary Support stat now always grants 0.61 points of Support Power (Tanks Only)

o   Support Power Milestones will now always grant 24.4 points of Support Power (Tanks Only)

·         All DPS stance damage increases have been removed

o   Tank stances now have damage dealt penalties

Edited by Asyreal, 29 August 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#2 Lotros

Lotros
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

All things that sound good.  

#3 Zepius

Zepius
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

oh good. you still exist.

#4 Mavek

Mavek
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Wewt! :wub:

• QupidWS likes this

"We can criticize without being sacks of shit." -Comp

#5 Dorin

Dorin
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Why the nerf to Brutality Mastery though?

If you remove our 18% damage increase from our DPS stance and also take brutality away from us, even if the stat gives 0,61 ap and our milestones give an extra 4 ap, we'll end up with less AP than we have now, plus the -18% reduction. Unless I'm missing something, isn't that a ridiculous dps loss?

• chiri likes this

<Codex> Stalker

Currently recruiting to bolster our 40-man roster, apply here.

#6 Asyreal

Asyreal
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Why the nerf to Brutality Mastery though?

If you remove our 18% damage increase from our DPS stance and also take brutality away from us, even if the stat gives 0,61 ap and our milestones give an extra 4 ap, we'll end up with less AP than we have now, plus the -18% reduction. Unless I'm missing something, isn't that a ridiculous dps loss?

We aren't taking away Brutality Mastery we are just reducing the contribution it is currently getting. In addition to that there are other buffs that will be coming online with the same patch that will make up for the loss in Brutality Mastery. These changes can be seen in PTR notes when they get posted. 

Edited by Asyreal, 29 August 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#7 Dorin

Dorin
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

In addition to that there are other buffs that will be coming online with the same patch that will make up for the loss in Brutality Mastery. These changes can be seen in PTR notes when they get posted. 

Alright thank you for the clarification.

<Codex> Stalker

Currently recruiting to bolster our 40-man roster, apply here.

#8 Bazeleel

Bazeleel
  • Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

These changes are so good! Thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

#9 Strategeist

Strategeist
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hopefully the PTR patch notes clear this up... but does this mean we are going from 1x CC break (T4 TR) to 3-4x CC breaks? (T4 TR + T0/T4 Stim)?

This will be over the top if so...

#10 Fim12

Fim12
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

So what are you going to do with the lethal stance since basically all it does is boost damage done?

#11 Bellante

Bellante
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

·         Neutralize and Ruin will be receiving a buff to their damage. Additionally, Neutralize will stack fewer times and has had its tier 4 and tier 8 slightly reworked to increase its damage output.

Please for the love of god, make tier 8 bonus reset the stacks, or alternatively LOWER the debuff time. It is THE most boring gameplay ever to just stand there shredding for 8 seconds whilst a debuff falls off.

#12 Strategeist

Strategeist
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

So what are you going to do with the lethal stance since basically all it does is boost damage done?

They should take off the resistance reduction altogether... 2% seems an odd choice. 

Remember though, Lethal is the only one with 100% crit from stealth. This is still very significant. They can't add much else or we'd be too strong.

#13 DrakGarge

DrakGarge
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hopefully the PTR patch notes clear this up... but does this mean we are going from 1x CC break (T4 TR) to 3-4x CC breaks? (T4 TR + T0/T4 Stim)?

This will be over the top if so...

Why do you assume that stim drone will still have multiple charges after re-work?

#14 stabbyf00

stabbyf00
  • Members
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

"Neutralize and Ruin will be receiving a buff to their damage."

:o 

Uh, okay, sure!  /shiftyeyes

~ Stabbyf00 ~

#15 chiri

chiri
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

people saying they are good changes... like seriously 18% damage less what nerf is that?

#16 Doomkitten

Doomkitten
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Why would you not put the cc break on pounce? Its one of the best utility skills i think we have. Also how about a 2 ia ability unlock, kinda hurts to have too many (lol like thats ever an issue) stalkers in raids when you put mechanics that pretty much require a 2 ia skill.

Have to see PTR notes to tell whether those new amps be worth it over the brutality master nerf, but a couple suggestions that i think would work in case you still taking suggestions, these are just things that I would like see not the way I think they should be:

Change ignore armor dmg amps and ability unlocks to be ignore phys resistance instead, obviously the amounts would need to be reworked

make battle mastery proc a buff which lasts for 3 seconds

killer instinct make non crit attack stack a x% crit sev buff which lasts for 6 seconds stacks 5 times no ICD no buff drop, no crit increase

precision: critical hits restore suit power (or does something on crit coz honestly its one of the most useless things I have ever seen except for pvp, but why have it in the assault line then?)

Clone: I honestly love the concept, just not the execution. Its the assault specced ability, its main focus should be dmg but its not. I would suggest either making it:

1. Summon a clone that pounces on the enemy interrupting 1 armor, dealing 1 large hit at the same time and lowering the CD to 25 seconds and it has no duration

2. keep clone the same as it is, just make it copy a percentage of our dmg during the time its up because the damn thing hardly attacks or does anything besides interrupting well.

3. swap out clone and blood thirst, esp with the proposed changes to bloodthirst it seems bloodthirst is being changed to more of a dmg buff rather than utility and all the IA for stalkers are in the utility line anyways

As far as aoe dmg goes, I dont think many stalkers even care. I would rather just see a small increase to punish and shred dmg as Its just not worth switching back and forth from double to aoe build. I would rather increase my focused dmg on the main target in an aoe pack then have to switch to an aoe build that does higher dmg on a parse but actually less dmg on my individual target that actually matters. Leave large aoe to the other classes and give us more dmg for our niche, single and double target encounters. There is no real way to make it worth it unless its doing comparable dmg to impale now that it hits 2 targets (greatest thing ever btw) and if thats the case there would not be a reason to use impale in the first place over it.

Also hate to say this, but whats the point of playing a melee class now? Not that its harder to play a melee in raids, but with anti melee telegraphs/mechanics and no hardly any anti ranged ones it seems losing our dmg buff makes it practically pointless to play a stalker over a ranged dps. Its a lot more work and risk than say a medic for no upside now (again I am going under the assumption that most people are that the ap conversion changes are actually going to be a damage nerf to the stance classes). Normalizing dmg across the dps classes is fine and all except playing a stalker with positional requirements and distance requirements on top of that seems like it would be better to just replace them all with medics. I love playing stalker (tanking and DPS) but it just feels that we have a much bigger burden on our rotation, resource management, and melee restrictions opposed to a lot of other classes who usually only have one or 2 of these issues and slowly all the positives that I thought were given because of these facts are being taken out with nothing replacing them.

Either way keep up the good work CRB, even though I dont agree with alot of the changes that have happened to stalkers I still like the game (ie NF nerf then the pvp changes which made it pointless but you never changed it back) I am still enjoying it for the time being, but we have so few stalkers running in GA now or in the game in general and I myself would reroll a medic if I didnt absolutely cringe at the mere thought of redoing everything I have on the stalker.

#17 intrinsc

intrinsc
  • Members
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

I hate that one stalker in a raid will be forced to run T4 Punish and suffer doing less damage than those that get to run Ruin. And now with this Ruin buff the difference will be even greater.

• Saraborg likes this

#18 jMerliN

jMerliN
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

Stim Drone is probably the best place for a T0 CC break. It'll be good for PvP and has 2 charges, so we aren't screwed by needing to wait for a long CD (on Tactical Retreat).

These damage adjustments seem to be a fairly large DPS loss. We'll have to test once the actual numbers are on PTR, but removing 18% damage (which increases AP scaling on abilities and base ability damage) does not appear to be compensated by increased milestone rewards, increased brutality->AP contribution, and the increase to AP on weapons. I suspect abilities will need to be adjusted.

While you're making Stalker changes, can you please make all "grants X SP every second" buff we have work by increasing our innate SP regen?

Ruin buff -> increases innate SP regen by 2

Shred buff -> increases innate SP regen by 1 per stack

Enabler -> increases innate SP regen by 3

This way we don't have the wonky hard-to-use Enabler and T8 Shred actually gives 2 SP/s rather than 1.7. And Enabler overwriting itself won't have any impact:

SP regen: 7

<go below 25 SP and proc Enabler>

SP regen: 10

<still below 25 SP, Enabler re-procs>

SP regen: 10

No more clipping issues. This is really needed. As is making our innate cause both hits of Impale to crit, because Genetic Fail-Safe causes both to crit, so it seems really weird to me.

• nra, Byonaa, Death and 4 others like this

#19 Tallo

Tallo
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

I hate that one stalker in a raid will be forced to run T4 Punish and suffer doing less damage than those that get to run Ruin. And now with this Ruin buff the difference will be even greater.

or you could have a badass stalker who has unlocked all of the bonus ability points and run T4 punish and T4 ruin ;)

#20 Rex Smashington

Rex Smashington
  • Guests
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

Why would you not put the cc break on pounce? Its one of the best utility skills i think we have. Also how about a 2 ia ability unlock, kinda hurts to have too many (lol like thats ever an issue) stalkers in raids when you put mechanics that pretty much require a 2 ia skill.

Let's file this under worst idea of the month.

Tactical retreat is already bad enough that we can't control which way we go when we break a CC.  A lot of times it's in to more damage or a tether mine or something.  Stim drone gives the stationary CC break that people have been asking for since beta.  Being forced to move in the direction (forward or backward) you were facing when you got CC'd is terrible.