The time has come for another update on upcoming changes to the class.
In the next patch (date TBD), we are adding the changes to fields, as well as a bunch of quality of life changes, and a good buff to Crisis Wave. Here are some highlights of those changes.
- All fields will now apply a debuff/buff to enemies/allies that enter the field. This buff is refreshed each tick of the field as long as they remain in the field.
- Paralytic Surge has gone down to a 25 second cooldown.
- Magnetic Lockdown is now instant cast and will also interrupt casting and remove 1 interrupt Armor. Additionally it is now off GCD.
- Recycler will have a 100% chance to trigger on crits with Gamma Rays or Quantum Cascade but will have a 2 second cooldown.
- Crisis Wave will take an increase in focus cost to gain a lot of healing output. Additionally it will now prioritize allies missing the most health. The T4 will now allow Crisis Wave to be cast once every 8 second with no Actuator Cost. T8 will now grant significant bonus healing to allies under 30% health.
PTR patch notes will be forthcoming with exact number changes.
Beyond the next patch, we are turning attention towards the healing role to enhance the Medic’s strengths and to mitigate some of their weaknesses. Here are a few of the things that we will be testing for a future patch:
- Empowering Aura is being moved to the Hybrid tree so that it can be used by both specs with little impact on DPS builds.
- Healing AMPs will be getting a balance overhaul to make them more viable and comparable to Reboot.
- Adding Actuator to the base tier of Dual Shock.
- Triage increasing the cooldown for noticeably enhanced power. This will be able to trigger the Reboot AMP. T8 will be swapped to T4 and a new T8 will be added that causes the cooldown to be reduced if used on a low health ally.
- Shield Surge T8 will be replaced with something that will increase its damage and healing if the Medic is above 50% Shields.
While we feel that the Medic is in a good spot power wise for both specs we want to focus on improving build diversity for both roles as well as add in quality of life improvements for both specs.
Keep on posting! I take in everything you guys bring, feedback, bugs, hate, love, and whatever else.
Thanks for stopping by, queue the music!