Medic Update - August

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Merkal

Merkal
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Medics,

The time has come for another update on upcoming changes to the class.

In the next patch (date TBD), we are adding the changes to fields, as well as a bunch of quality of life changes, and a good buff to Crisis Wave. Here are some highlights of those changes.

• All fields will now apply a debuff/buff to enemies/allies that enter the field. This buff is refreshed each tick of the field as long as they remain in the field.
  • Paralytic Surge has gone down to a 25 second cooldown.
  • Magnetic Lockdown is now instant cast and will also interrupt casting and remove 1 interrupt Armor. Additionally it is now off GCD.
  • Recycler will have a 100% chance to trigger on crits with Gamma Rays or Quantum Cascade but will have a 2 second cooldown.
  • Crisis Wave will take an increase in focus cost to gain a lot of healing output. Additionally it will now prioritize allies missing the most health. The T4 will now allow Crisis Wave to be cast once every 8 second with no Actuator Cost. T8 will now grant significant bonus healing to allies under 30% health.

PTR patch notes will be forthcoming with exact number changes.

Beyond the next patch, we are turning attention towards the healing role to enhance the Medic’s strengths and to mitigate some of their weaknesses. Here are a few of the things that we will be testing for a future patch:

• Empowering Aura is being moved to the Hybrid tree so that it can be used by both specs with little impact on DPS builds.
  • Healing AMPs will be getting a balance overhaul to make them more viable and comparable to Reboot.
  • Adding Actuator to the base tier of Dual Shock.
  • Triage increasing the cooldown for noticeably enhanced power. This will be able to trigger the Reboot AMP. T8 will be swapped to T4 and a new T8 will be added that causes the cooldown to be reduced if used on a low health ally.
  • Shield Surge T8 will be replaced with something that will increase its damage and healing if the Medic is above 50% Shields.

While we feel that the Medic is in a good spot power wise for both specs we want to focus on improving build diversity for both roles as well as add in quality of life improvements for both specs.

Keep on posting! I take in everything you guys bring, feedback, bugs, hate, love, and whatever else.

Thanks for stopping by, queue the music!

#2 Moorai

Moorai
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

OH MAN

A million thanks, much appreciated.  FIELDS are now more viable!!

That change to magnetic lockdown? Exactly what we've been asking for!!

#3 Megalex

Megalex
  • Members
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hey good stuff on making the heals smarter.

Any chance you guys can look at effects like Triage, Shield Flux runeset and Echo Burts rune sets? The healing they provide doesn't usally apply to the least HP target, it's pretty much random!!

#4 Reglitch

Reglitch
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

I don't agree with Support Medics being in an okay spot right now, but maybe that's because I don't like the taste of an esper with 700 support power having Reveries stronger than my Flash at 2900 Support Power. I made a thread at the start of the month which went through a lot of issues with the spec in raids right now:

https://forums.wilds...-support-medic/

A lot of it has been crossed off, but there are still some wacky ability tier bonuses and some very underpowered abilities. To make a short list:

• Protection Probes is still underpowered in raids, and is also cleared by Defense Grid. This makes the ability nigh on useless despite requiring a significant AMP investment.
  • Barrier still feels lacking for what it is, with Triage coming into it's own and proccing Reboot there really isn't a reason for it to stay as it is. It's essentially Triage - but weaker.
  • Flash needs to stop Relying on Probes T8 in the numbers department. The tiers here are especially wonky, a CD reduction by an Actuator generator with a healing bonus at T8 when you cast it without any. Have the T8 bonus at least work when < 2 Resonators at the least imho.

In my opinion we should be a LOT stronger when the raid is stacked than we currently are, range is a huge caveat to healing and the utility we bring really isn't enough to close that gap when it's as strong as Protection Probes.

• ttyl, Bnol, Blinkss and 2 others like this

Medic Healer/Class Leader for Codex on Hazak - http://codex-guild.com/ - Recruiting players attuned to GA for Datascape progression.

#5 Ingred

Ingred
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

While most of this is really nice (especially Crisis Wave) the part that really catches my attention

-Empowering Aura moved to the Hybrid Tree-

I guess the first question is what replaces it in the Assault tree and also WHERE. If it's T2 still I completely understand and not much change. Although if it's T3 it's going to be an entire overhaul of amps. Which brings up another good point

Do we get free respec with this? I'm not saying I don't have 50g, but I feel like we shouldn't have to pay for class balancing. Anyway good changes, I'm stoked about fields and a debuff. They might actually be viable in raids again especially if everyone can benefit from them.

Good step, I'll be interested to hear more.

#6 Iskiab

Iskiab
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Good changes overall, so I guess the intent is to make medics viable raid healers?  I'm a little disappointed on the field changes though, they've been on PTR for a while so I was hoping they'd be coming with the drop, and I was hoping the drop would come next week.  2 sec GCD on recycler will be interesting, it might make it so we're able to do a rotation with GR instead of the procs being random.

#7 Reglitch

Reglitch
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Good changes overall, so I guess the intent is to make medics viable raid healers?  I'm a little disappointed on the field changes though, they've been on PTR for a while so I was hoping they'd be coming with the drop, and I was hoping the drop would come next week.

Field Changes are coming with the next patch, read the post.

Medic Healer/Class Leader for Codex on Hazak - http://codex-guild.com/ - Recruiting players attuned to GA for Datascape progression.

#8 Iskiab

Iskiab
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

Yea, but I read some of those other changes to mean the patch will be delayed.  Some of those changes aren't on PTR, I don't think they'll go straight from their internal test server to live.

#9 Bradwan

Bradwan
  • Members
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

" Medic update July "

Is it not almost September? :P

Thanks for the update

Bradwan Omega 

Dominion Medic Entity

Come watch me! - Youtube - Twitter

#10 IIIII

IIIII
  • Guests
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Yeah I think he messed up on the month lol.

Anywho, I hope victory spark is gone and replaced with a decent AMP. Everything else, especially Magnetic Lockdown, makes me really happy.

#11 Ricardo

Ricardo
  • Members
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Dual shock actuator yay.

<Voodoo>

Pergo

Ricardo 50 Medic

#12 Tatyana Novo

Tatyana Novo
  • Members
  • LocationDallas,TX

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

What you guys think about the recycler change. 2 second ICD ehh... 

Tatyana Novo -  DPS Medic    Valentina Tereshkova  -  Engineer  Mama Koolaide - DPS Warrior

<The Crimson Cross>

#13 Manasnip3r

Manasnip3r
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

omfg <3 thank you

#14 Travail

Travail
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

First of all, all of those changes coming soon (the top 5) look really nice. (Magnetic Lockdown change = *happy dance* :D)

The one I'm concerned about is moving Empowering Aura. Are all of our tier 2 assault AMPs now going to be based on actuator consumption, after moving Empowering Aura to Hybrid (I assume A/S)? That seems crappy, considering your stated goal is to increase build diversity. I don't see how any of the current hybrid A/S AMPs could be moved into the assault tree as they are (they're all suited to the tree they are in, and many of them help support more than assault.)

Just please, please, please don't move an AMP from the Hybrid A/U into the assault tree. Seriously, that whole tree is turrrrrible. I'd rather have a completely new AMP that does something related to fields, in an effort to increase build diversity.

-Travail.

RedOyster

< Evil LLC >

#15 IIIII

IIIII
  • Guests
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

I agree with Trevail. I have a build that uses 0 cores in which Empowering Aura was my only way to get to Danger Zone and Meltdown. Now, if it's moved, I'll have 4 entirely wasted points in the assault tree just to pick those up.

#16 Intensive

Intensive
  • Members
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think it is funny that our July thread is still pinned and this one hasn't been pinned yet.  All the other classes have pinned updates for August.  especially since Merkal had to do the same thing for Warrior thread.

Intensive - Medic (Healer) - <Subterfuge>

Twitch Streaming

System: Win10 Pro x64; i7 7700k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 1080; 16G DDR4; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD; 2560x1440 27" IPS display x2

#17 IIIII

IIIII
  • Guests
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

So Merkal uh..

What's Magnetic Lockdowns new T4? :P

#18 Intensive

Intensive
  • Members
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

So Merkal uh..

What's Magnetic Lockdowns new T4? :P

They haven't gotten that far yet bro!

Intensive - Medic (Healer) - <Subterfuge>

Twitch Streaming

System: Win10 Pro x64; i7 7700k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 1080; 16G DDR4; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD; 2560x1440 27" IPS display x2

#19 Kuma-San

Kuma-San
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

As soon as new Amp-Unlock uptade hits we will need more viable option for DPS AMPs. Its not very big deal but i kinda dont want to wait 2 more months before something in AMP tree will change especialy considering that flaws in our AMP-tree been exposed basicaly from week 1. 

<Ascendancy EU> - Kostoprav <Medic>  

<Wipe Inc>

#20 Grimtor1

Grimtor1
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Crisis Wave will take an increase in focus cost to gain a lot of healing output. Additionally it will now prioritize allies missing the most health. The T4 will now allow Crisis Wave to be cast once every 8 second with no Actuator Cost. T8 will now grant significant bonus healing to allies under 30% health.

I dont see how this will help healer medics at all. The chance is made for tank healing but in current state medics dont have too much issues with tank healing at all. Consiering it is our only job in raids.

For raid healing this chance would be relatively useless consiering it is a big heal with very hefty focus cost to beging with. In comparision to other healers raid heals (with out focus cost reduction amps)

Soothe (heals 4 people, spammable smart heal) :  7 -  12 - 17 Focus cost per charge level

Reviere (heals 9 people castable every 3-5 seconds) : 31 Focus cost

Sustain (heals 9 people at t8, castable every 3-4 seconds or so) : 12 - 24 Focus cost per charge level

Voidspring (heals 10 peolpe i belive) 27 focus cost

And then current stage Crisis, heals 4 people and costs 35 focus. and theyre going to increase the cost, so expecting somewhere around 40-45 focus cost on it. While increased healing is nice, we lack anything to combine it with.

If raid is taking minor - medium amounts of damage i dont see why you would want to heal people with 5k missing health by dropping suddenly 10-20k heal on them with huge focus cost. not to mention it still heals only 4 people.

This change should be made on flash, not crisis wave. or if done on crisis wave, make emission smart heal aswell and change the T8 on it so we can heal minor/sustained damage with it and then drop big heals with crisis wave/flash when there is such.

• Yazra and Lord Bweaty like this