Posting this message for Tranagram:
As a number of you all have requested, this is an update post regarding upcoming changes to the Spellslinger.
In the next patch (date TBD), we address the issue of the Spellslinger's insanely high burst and uncompetitive sustained DPS, while also diversifying its DPS builds. A few examples of these changes include:
· Charged Shot T8 Bonus: Overall damage has increased, but applies over time.
· Rapid Fire T4 Bonus: Previously the T8 Bonus, Rapid Fire reduces True Shot's cooldown. New T8 Bonus.
· Flame Burst: Will be castable while casting.
· Arcane Missiles: Becomes mobile at base. Will deal Damage instead of Distributed Damage. T4 Bonus: Restores 5 Spell Power on hit. New T8 Bonus.
Without getting too granular, expect some major changes to Ignite and True Shot as well. Keep an eye out for PTR patch notes for the specifics.
Healslingers - you have not been forgotten. As mentioned before, we are focused on improving the Support spec, however most of those changes will come in the later future. Our immediate goals were to ensure that the existing design is functioning as intended. Charge abilities and cooldown issue fixes are gradually being patched into Live. Apparently, a Vitality Burst T5 bug has existed for 5+ weeks now, and that is unacceptable.
For the next patch, do expect the following changes:
· Runic Healing: Overall healing has increased. T8 Bonus: Will grant the T4 Defense to the additional target as well.
· Vitality Burst T5: If Surged, cast time will be properly reduced to 1.3s.
Simply put, Runic Healing was under-tuned, and will be receiving a significant buff. Future changes will include revisions to Regenerative Pulse and the AMPs - Savior and Holy Roller. Our greater goal for the Support spec is to diversify builds and create more interesting choices for players. The scope of support spec changes includes revisions to the AMP tree as well.
I appreciate all the feedback you all have been posting. Whether it’s feedback, bugs, frustrations, ideas, or likes/dislikes, it’s all useful information one way or another.
Thanks for reading,
Edited by Meerkat, 29 August 2014 - 02:11 PM.