• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_Meerkat

CRB_Meerkat
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Posting this message for Tranagram:

Hey Spellslingers,

As a number of you all have requested, this is an update post regarding upcoming changes to the Spellslinger.

In the next patch (date TBD), we address the issue of the Spellslinger's insanely high burst and uncompetitive sustained DPS, while also diversifying its DPS builds. A few examples of these changes include:

·         Charged Shot T8 Bonus: Overall damage has increased, but applies over time.

·         Rapid Fire T4 Bonus: Previously the T8 Bonus, Rapid Fire reduces True Shot's cooldown. New T8 Bonus.

·         Flame Burst: Will be castable while casting.

·         Arcane Missiles: Becomes mobile at base. Will deal Damage instead of Distributed Damage. T4 Bonus: Restores 5 Spell Power on hit. New T8 Bonus.

Without getting too granular, expect some major changes to Ignite and True Shot as well. Keep an eye out for PTR patch notes for the specifics.

Healslingers - you have not been forgotten. As mentioned before, we are focused on improving the Support spec, however most of those changes will come in the later future. Our immediate goals were to ensure that the existing design is functioning as intended. Charge abilities and cooldown issue fixes are gradually being patched into Live. Apparently, a Vitality Burst T5 bug has existed for 5+ weeks now, and that is unacceptable.

For the next patch, do expect the following changes:

·         Runic Healing: Overall healing has increased. T8 Bonus: Will grant the T4 Defense to the additional target as well.

·         Vitality Burst T5: If Surged, cast time will be properly reduced to 1.3s.

Simply put, Runic Healing was under-tuned, and will be receiving a significant buff. Future changes will include revisions to Regenerative Pulse and the AMPs - Savior and Holy Roller. Our greater goal for the Support spec is to diversify builds and create more interesting choices for players. The scope of support spec changes includes revisions to the AMP tree as well.

I appreciate all the feedback you all have been posting. Whether it’s feedback, bugs, frustrations, ideas, or likes/dislikes, it’s all useful information one way or another.

Thanks for reading,

Tranagram

Edited by Meerkat, 29 August 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Steven Engle - Lead Combat Designer - Carbine Studios
Wildstar Forums - CRB_Meerkat
Reddit - CRB_Steven
Twitch - Crb_Sengle
Twitter - Steven_Engle

#2 Dante2387

Dante2387
  • Members
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Looking good, just a quick question. With t4 Arcane missles changed, will the ability be "mobile" on base level or still included in the new T4?

Freya Eir - Level 50 Aurin Spellslinger DPS- Jabbit EU.

#3 Auphi

Auphi
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

In the next patch (date TBD), we address the issue of the Spellslinger's insanely high burst and uncompetitive sustained DPS, while also diversifying its DPS builds. A few examples of these changes include:

This is quite possibly the best thing I've ever read on these forums.  It's a combination of now knowing how Carbine views Slingers (sharing our view that PvP burst is too high but PvE damage is too low) and that you guys are working towards fixing it.

Thanks.

#4 CRB_Tranagram

CRB_Tranagram
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Looking good, just a quick question. With t4 Arcane missles changed, will the ability be "mobile" on base level or still included in the new T4?

Good catch - I neglected to mention in the original write-up: Arcane Missiles is mobile at base now.

#5 Dante2387

Dante2387
  • Members
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Good catch - I neglected to mention in the original write-up: Arcane Missiles is mobile at base now.

Thanks Tranagram!

Freya Eir - Level 50 Aurin Spellslinger DPS- Jabbit EU.

#6 Angrynixon

Angrynixon
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Fancy.

Also..

·         Flame Burst: Will be castable while casting.

I guess you heard we liked casting so you gave us casting for our casting.  Much appreciated.  Please pass on my lack of rage to Tranagram and a happy long weekend I hope someone gives him.

#7 Sexy Twinkie

Sexy Twinkie
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the update.

Twinkie Deeps - Spellslinger - Settler - Chua

Lazy Coder

#8 Spythe

Spythe
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Very nice, AM mobile makes me very happy and seeing the Slinger class get some more love towards Spell power regen via spells also very nice. RF T8 being moved to T4 and dropping the dash thing = Win. Can't wait to see the TS and Ignite changes.

Now to speculate what the Ignite and TS changes are.

Ignite dot damage increased but final tick reduced.

TS T8 being completely changed, or just making the 4th shot off GCD. The T4 is pretty lackluster, 5 points for 25% more armor pen is pretty meh. Would be nice to see the T4 add 50% putting the spell at 75% or just getting a new T4. Then just increasing the base armor pen of True Shot to 50% or have it increase per shot, 25 > 50 > 75 > 100(if the T8 stays the same).

Plz plz plz allow the T8 of FB to proc off of the new CS T8 dot. With the changes to AM this isn't that big of a deal since now you can run T8 QD, T8 CS, and T8 AM and not feeling like you're gimping yourself. But having that T8 of FB just opens up more specs.

• Dante2387, Above & Beyond and shadowSlinger like this

Spythe | Dominion(Entity - PvE) | Spellslinger

<Enigma>

https://www.youtube.com/user/spythe

#9 WANDAL

WANDAL
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Finally some good news... Can't w8 to see changes on Ignite and TS, as they can be game braking for me, but I guess I have to remain optimistic about that.

#10 Nike Online

Nike Online
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

Healslingers - you have not been forgotten.

Not forgotten, just prioritized into the shitter yet again. You can't possibly think your twiddling with DPS went unnoticed as we WAIT.

Ask yourself this: Who waits longer for a que, DPS or Healer? Because one of these populations is very hard to persuade to play the game at all.

Prioritize accordingly.

#11 Lysith

Lysith
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

Finally some good news... Can't w8 to see changes on Ignite and TS, as they can be game braking for me, but I guess I have to remain optimistic about that.

I agree.

Glad to see Tranagram is still alive also.

#12 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thank you Trangram. Good info that we really needed to see.

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#13 Corona777

Corona777
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

just about every dev post for future changes I seen lately have been awesome, this one included.

I never understood why AM damage was split to begin with.

NomadHero - Stormtalon - Diplomacy

6/6 GA  4/4 Gold Vet Dungeons, check out my youtube yo.

#14 Niliana Bloodbound

Niliana Bloodbound
  • Guests
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Awesome! :D
I use Runic Healing a lot actually. It's a lovely focus recovery spell, a nice buffer between my big ass emergency heal spam. I know other healers will laugh at me. But I really love the spell. This has made my day ^_^
  • Rakii, Kuew and DeoxySF like this

#15 Tabemono

Tabemono
  • Members
  • LocationOhio!!!..???..crap

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

This should really up the dps, dont have to tier AM anymore, and can get an extra TS off and have the CD reduced with RF without haveing to lose the QD buff, lots of thought went into this, dunno how you did it, thank you! I was always hating having to tier up certain skills this is really great, can't wait to find out what the tier 8 changes are for RF!
Eggs for all, you get an egg, YOU get and egg, YOU get an egg, now I'm out of eggs so you don't get an egg.

#16 goff01030

goff01030
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Well the burst damage nerf is bound to happen sooner or later, but at least PvE DPS damage is being fixed so SS can compete with other classes. Also good idea on buffing other abilities so we can try out new builds.

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Apparently, a Vitality Burst T5 bug has existed for 5+ weeks now, and that is unacceptable.

I lol'd irl, "apparently"

Apparently we can still move enemy npcs with spatial shift, in fact I got banned because I used it last night to have some fun, apparently it was reported in beta by me and other players aswell (like Rex_Marksley), apparently people report bugs in PTR that make it to live and they take 5+ weeks to fix, and that is, like you said, unacceptable. 

#18 teh_g

teh_g
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Looking forward to some of these changes. Seeing SS on the bottom of the DPS charts overall makes me sad.

Avatus - Exile - Shenanigans - We are recruiting experienced players. 
Recruitment Page: http://tinyurl.com/n9k9rnr

#19 Malachi

Malachi
  • Members
  • LocationWhat the Nexus?!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thank you for keeping us posted on the future of Spellslinger! I'm excited about these coming changes, however, I do want to plead with you not to change the Dual Ignite spec too much. It's currently my absolute favorite spec to play, and I would be extremely sad if you were to change it to the point where it becomes obsolete and/or a headache to use. 

#20 Wolvenheart24

Wolvenheart24
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Awesome! :D
I use Runic Healing a lot actually. It's a lovely focus recovery spell, a nice buffer between my big ass emergency heal spam. I know other healers will laugh at me. But I really love the spell. This has made my day ^_^

Of course you'd be happy, you're the only Slinger past 35 that I know actively uses it XD

• Niliana Bloodbound likes this

Alisandra CorLupus - Healslinger (9/9)

Exacypher Nanospikes - Tankgineer (3/9)

Venus Rising(EU-PvE) - http://www.twitch.tv/BloodywolfBE