It’s that time again to give you an update on future changes to the Engineer.
Due to the fact that the DPS Stance damage increases were causing some imbalances within combat, we have normalized Assault Power across all classes and Support Power across all Tanks with the following changes:
· Weapons have been normalized across all Classes
o For example, equal Heavy Guns and Pistols will now grant the same amount of Assault and Support Power
· Assault Power gained via Primary Attributes and Milestones has been normalized across all Classes
o A classes Primary DPS stat now always grants 0.61 points of Assault Power
o Assault Power Milestones will now always grant 24.4 points of Assault Power
· Support Power gained via Primary Attributes and Milestones has been normalized across all Tanks
o A classes Primary Support stat now always grants 0.61 points of Support Power (Tanks Only)
o Support Power Milestones will now always grant 24.4 points of Support Power (Tanks Only)
· All DPS stance damage increases have been removed
o Tank stances now have damage dealt penalties
We will be making some adjustments that will address some quality of life issues, ability usage, and high Volatility sustain:
· Removal of self-snare on all Engineer abilities.
· Bot AI improvements, including adjustments to stances so they don’t all feel the same.
· Reducing the amount of Volatility gained through Reckless Dash AMP.
· Reduced the cooldown and made adjustments to Target Acquisition to make it less punishing to use.
· Made multiple adjustments to Mortar Strike to improve the ease of use and change up the cadence of use.
This is some of what is happening in the near future. Beyond the adjustments listed above, we will be focusing on the tank spec in the following patch. A few things we are investigating:
· Improve Support style AMP selections.
· Improve reliability and usage of skills that increase survivability.
· General look at Threat gained per damage dealt.
Edited by Meerkat, 29 August 2014 - 07:52 AM.