Photo

Titles awarded and ratings reset with the next drop

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_TheMuffinMan

CRB_TheMuffinMan
  • Banned

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

With the release of the next drop, we will be resetting all team and personal ratings (arena’s, RBG’s & Warplots) to 1200 in order to restore queue health and eliminate the “rating hole” that many players found themselves in due to rating tankers and other forms of exploitation.

This will not mark a new season, which means there will not be season rewards associated with the reset. In addition, all of the current PvP gear will remain intact and the gear gap reductions (now on PTR and being pushed to live this week) will enable players in PvP blue sets to be competitive with those in Tier 2 (1800’s) sets.

The next drop will also bring the following updates:

• The Elo formula will be modified in order to decrease the amount of rating lost when defeated in a rated PvP match
  • The K value thresholds will be adjusted in order to make the swings in rating changes much less drastic (this will also help with large losses of rating)  
  • PvP Tier 2 (1800) gear sets will be made available for rated battlegrounds

Update: After reading much of your feedback I understand that many players worked hard for their rating amidst a system where cheating and exploitation were rampant. As such, those efforts will be recognized with a mid season title that will be awarded to top players (~ top 1%).

#2 Cytrode

Cytrode
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Awesome. The good players currently stuck will rise to the top and the bad players will see the need to improve. Everybody wins.

• Aera and zombiechan like this

#3 IIIII

IIIII
  • Guests
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Lol

• Killionaire and Insomniaq like this

#4 Wetpaw

Wetpaw
  • Guests
  • LocationCascadia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Keep up the good work, so glad to see you guys jump on the community concerns across the board this week.

"Chua walks down the street in a hat like that, you know he's not afraid of anything..."

#5 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

This is good news. I'm happy you all were brave enough to strip the scumbags of their ill-gotten gear and rating. They deserve it. I posted the same recommendation a while ago.

Those that are good enough will get back to where they were in no time.

Lol

Medic DPS still isn't relevant.  ;)

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#6 Madrix

Madrix
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Thats. . . . huge!

The reduction of rating loss when you lose a RBG is a great adjustment, the evening-out of PvP gear stats is obviously needed, and the Rating reset. . . . well thats just freakin'. . . . . huge. 

People are gonna cry but I hope the hitting of this reset button inspires old/new players alike to sign up and get it going!

EDIT:  DROP THIS LIKE YESTERDAY POR FAVOR!!!

• Kratoc likes this

#7 IIIII

IIIII
  • Guests
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

This is good news. I'm happy you all were brave enough to strip the scumbags of their ill-gotten gear and rating. They deserve it. I posted the same recommendation a while ago.

Those that are good enough will get back to where they were in no time.

Medic DPS still isn't relevant.  ;)

Its ok. We're getting buffed in the same patch.

#8 Rocio

Rocio
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

:wub:

Do you like stories? I wrote one!  Read it here. :D 

#9 Skulm

Skulm
  • Members
  • LocationWARMONGER Headquarters

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

With the release of the next drop, we will be resetting all team and personal ratings (arena’s, RBG’s & Warplots) to 1200 in order to restore queue health and eliminate the “rating hole” that many players found themselves in due to rating tankers and other forms of exploitation.

This will not mark a new season, which means there will not be season rewards associated with the reset. In addition, all of the current PvP gear will remain intact and the gear gap reductions (now on PTR and being pushed to live this week) will enable players in PvP blue sets to be competitive with those in Tier 2 (1800’s) sets.

The next drop will also bring the following updates:

• The Elo formula will be modified in order to decrease the amount of rating lost when defeated in a rated PvP match
  • The K value thresholds will be adjusted in order to make the swings in rating changes much less drastic (this will also help with large losses of rating)  
  • PvP Tier 2 (1800) gear sets will be made available for rated battlegrounds

I know I will be getting a lot of hate for this..but...we had world's first 3000 rating (Thirborn) and he was just waiting for leaderboards to be released.

I myself have Rank 1 spot in 3v3, Thirborn in 2v2 (In EU, the leaderboards of EU never leaked). So what will happen to our hard work ?

Resetting ratings in the middle of a season is just unfair. You shouldn't have started S1 with the launch, you wanted to start it anyways, now take it like a champ and end the S1, give highest players their rewards, the top rated players are the ones who really endured all of this imbalance and managed to be the best of the best. Since end season award will be aesthetics or cosmetics or w/e, be fair and give them what they deserve.

Against people who'll say, "if you are good enough you will get it back", I will get it back, but I don't want to see my effort go to waste ok ?

End S1, give rewards, start s2 with leaderboards. Resetting ratings in the middle of an arena season is just even worse.

WARMONGER Skulm (GM) www.warmongergaming.com

Skulm YouTube: https://www.youtube....er/SelimOnengut

EU 3v3 Arena Rank 1

#10 Ptolemy

Ptolemy
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

You have just reearned my sub with this move. Thank you.

• Wetpaw likes this

#11 Eclips

Eclips
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Who is this CRB_Muffinman guy and what is he doing here?

Also @ Skulm:

I think I speak for most if not all of the players that are competitive but not high rating, but being rank 1 in the current state of the game isn't an achievement, it's simply a choice.  If you noticed the 2v2 leaderboards released for NA, they were not an accurate indicator of who was the best.

I'm just happy to see some positive changes come out for PvP for the first time since release.  I'm sorry that you're going to lose your status as rank 1 or whatever EU, but in the spirit of competition, wouldn't you want those good players who have been held back by a late start / lack of desire to win-trade / boost have a fighting chance against your teams? 

From a fellow 1800 warrior and someone who is also high rated, yet on an unpopulated server, I am so glad to hear that people will now be interested in doing rated PvP again in this game.

I guess the real question is now:  When will the next big patch drop be?  At the end of this month or indefinitely pushed back until it is fixed like Mike Donatelli stated?

• SparkinAtPergo likes this

twitch.tv/eclipsgaming  /// youtube /// builds available on twitch, follow me!

"I just replied to this thread to make clear that if you implement this 50% crit chance increase after leaving stealth, would be the dumbest thing you could ever do for stalkers (pvp wise)" - Thirborn

#12 Cytrode

Cytrode
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I know I will be getting a lot of hate for this..but...we had world's first 3000 rating (Thirborn) and he was just waiting for leaderboards to be released.

I myself have Rank 1 spot in 3v3, Thirborn in 2v2 (In EU, the leaderboards of EU never leaked). So what will happen to our hard work ?

Resetting ratings in the middle of a season is just unfair. You shouldn't have started S1 with the launch, you wanted to start it anyways, now take it like a champ and end the S1, give highest players their rewards, the top rated players are the ones who really endured all of this imbalance and managed to be the best of the best. Since end season award will be aesthetics or cosmetics or w/e, be fair and give them what they deserve.

Against people who'll say, "if you are good enough you will get it back", I will get it back, but I don't want to see my effort go to waste ok ?

End S1, give rewards, start s2 with leaderboards. Resetting ratings in the middle of an arena season is just even worse.

In fairness, there should never have been a Season right at launch. The System heavily favored the first to reach level 50 and from there heavily discouraged new people from playing at all.

Welcome to New MMOs. They're always buggy and unfair to everyone at the start.

• Rocio likes this

#13 Ygg

Ygg
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Awesome news.

New PVP gear coming this week,  a little late, but strong move nevertheless.

the top rated players are the ones who really endured all of this imbalance and managed to be the best of the best.

images+(1).jpg

"A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (Triumph without peril brings no glory)"

Tough, I can agree with you, season 1 should not have started on day one. This was a big mistake. 
Because of this and many other things, rating is pretty much irrelevant.

• Keninblack likes this

#14 Skulm

Skulm
  • Members
  • LocationWARMONGER Headquarters

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Just start with a fresh Season 2. It will have the same effect and you won't break the hearts of the top rated players. Season 1 lasted long enough. Do not try to correct your mistake by making another mistake ! End S1, give those end season top secret rewards, announce leaderboards, start fresh s2 >> Everybody wins ! With this mid season reset, you are making us victims, nothing more !

WARMONGER Skulm (GM) www.warmongergaming.com

Skulm YouTube: https://www.youtube....er/SelimOnengut

EU 3v3 Arena Rank 1

#15 KrysL

KrysL
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

ehhh While this is a good overall change, with the timing of everything, you're making 1800 gear available for RBG's after resetting ratings, which means that people who are currently in full 1500 who have achieved 1800+ rating in battlegrounds, once again, get the short end of the stick, this is annoying

Yeah this is for the greater good of the community, i'm glad its happening, I just wish we were able to get the 1800 RBG gear before the reset, I have no doubt my friends and I will get back up there again, but still^

As someone has already stated on these forums "Carbine is fixing a table by removing the legs"

• Keninblack likes this

#16 Insomniaq

Insomniaq
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Lol

Insomniaq Kobo <North Africa>

#17 coolmatt69

coolmatt69
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

why not end the season?  this change really benefits those who are sitting at 200 rating that are responsible for killing the pvp population to begin with.  those people deserve to be punished, they SHOULD be stuck at 200 rating for the remainder of the season and have no chance at any seasonal rewards.

Edited by BusterCasey, 26 August 2014 - 04:16 PM.
Language

#18 Keninblack

Keninblack
  • Members
  • LocationOmnipresent

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

ehhh While this is a good overall change, with the timing of everything, you're making 1800 gear available for RBG's after resetting ratings, which means that people who are currently in full 1500 who have achieved 1800+ rating in battlegrounds, once again, get the short end of the stick, this is annoying

Yeah this is for the greater good of the community, i'm glad its happening, I just wish we were able to get the 1800 RBG gear before the reset, I have no doubt my friends and I will get back up there again, but still^

As someone has already stated on these forums "Carbine is fixing a table by removing the legs"

My god how the first part hits home so well.

Sat at 1800 in RBGs for the longest time just to find out there's no gear for it, and now since there will be gear I have to go through the hassle of getting the rating again. Yeah I'm definitely salty about that, but I'm glad they're doing at least something about this messed up elo system and the general state of Rated BGs / Arenas.

• KrysL likes this

#19 Insomniaq

Insomniaq
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

This is good news. I'm happy you all were brave enough to strip the scumbags of their ill-gotten gear and rating.

You're aware they aren't losing the gear that they already bought, right?  :rolleyes: 

• Kroye likes this

Insomniaq Kobo <North Africa>

#20 brotherfunk

brotherfunk
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

This is great news for the majority of players that didn't cheat their way to the top and/or tanked rating to help others do so.

I would like to think I speak for the entire community (though I could be wrong) when I say that nobody cares outside of your guild.

The few (and I don't know if you fit into this category or not, nor will I speculate) that made their way to the top without cheating are vastly outweighed by the rest that played fair and became disenfranchised by the broken system.

Majority rules.  Good luck in your climb!

• Rocio likes this