Photo

Development Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
445 replies to this topic

#361 dannymayhem

dannymayhem
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Holy shit you guys are insane on writing negative comments x) it`s insane reading this, almost thought that the game i have been enjoying for the last months wher bad after reading in here for about 5mins... then i logged in to the game again and could breath out.. god i love this game <3

you guys are complaining about these small class buggs and shit, people are downing 40man hardcore raid bosses with these classes, and u cant do a dungeon boss ??...

If anyone in here played World Of Warcraft - Vanilla ( At release and from there on ) you should know it was a bugg PARTY..

Shamans had the windfury bugg for like half a year ?

glitches and exploits all over, but people didnt have shit to compair it to back then..

And now you are raging at a game that has just been released ( in my opinion, A *cupcake*ING AWESOME RELEASE ) on these small buggs not beeing fixed ASAP...

haha. im never gonna read the forum again, so many crazy people in here writing, im gonna go log inn again and enjoy the game :)

Peace out all Forum ragers <3 

PS: The Dev Team is doing a great job listening to feedback, but i can see it can be frustrating with all these comments :P

yup, and people interested in the game come to forums and just see the complainers and get turned off. ironically gamers complaining to have a game fixed only cause potential gamers from even trying it despite it all just being minor issues. they make it seem like the game is 100% broken

#362 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

Holy shit you guys are insane on writing negative comments x) it`s insane reading this, almost thought that the game i have been enjoying for the last months wher bad after reading in here for about 5mins... then i logged in to the game again and could breath out.. god i love this game <3

you guys are complaining about these small class buggs and shit, people are downing 40man hardcore raid bosses with these classes, and u cant do a dungeon boss ??...

If anyone in here played World Of Warcraft - Vanilla ( At release and from there on ) you should know it was a bugg PARTY..

Shamans had the windfury bugg for like half a year ?

glitches and exploits all over, but people didnt have shit to compair it to back then..

And now you are raging at a game that has just been released ( in my opinion, A *cupcake*ING AWESOME RELEASE ) on these small buggs not beeing fixed ASAP...

haha. im never gonna read the forum again, so many crazy people in here writing, im gonna go log inn again and enjoy the game :)

Peace out all Forum ragers <3 

PS: The Dev Team is doing a great job listening to feedback, but i can see it can be frustrating with all these comments :P

Not being able to know when your interrupts are available in a game were interrupting is a core mechanic is not a "small bug".

Not sure if the dev team is doing a great job listening or not since they haven't talked to us about this (and other spellslinger) bugs. Maybe it's just our class lead, but even then someone from Carbine should have noticed he hasn't posted on our forum in a month and a half.

I am enjoying the game and plan to still. But I won't enjoy the moments that someone dies or my group wipes because I think I can interrupt and can't, or I save my interrupt in a clutch moment because I'm not sure it will go off and it turns out that we'd have won the encounter if I hadn't been too timid.

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> 6/6 GA | Recruiting For Raiding (Tue/Fri/Sun 8:00-11:00 EST)

Raid Leader

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior

#363 Chillia

Chillia

Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • LocationWhitevale

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

Not sure if the dev team is doing a great job listening or not since they haven't talked to us about this (and other spellslinger) bugs. 

The issue with cool downs not displaying correctly has been addressed by BigV and it was also posted in our known issues thread by developers.. 

#364 CRB_Anlath

CRB_Anlath
  • Carbine Studios (Former)
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

While we’re going to be pushing out our bigger update, we’re committed to updating WildStar with smaller bug fixes and feature updates in our hotfixes and weekly updates, as the schedule permits (typically weekly, but it can be a bit longer from time to time). These smaller updates are not affected by the shift in development focus and you will continue to see improvements to the game.

I'm quoting Raijinn again, just in-case anybody hasn't seen his post already.

Basically, if something needs urgently fixing, we will update it as soon as we can. In some cases that could be a random hotfix, a weekly patch or the big patch Mike D mentions in his original post. It's going to vary.

For those asking for more details on what exactly the bigger update patch will cover, that's asking for a lot of specific information and honestly I don't think we're going to be able to do a patch notes of that size in advance. Mike gives a rough summary of what it will entail in the OP;

These are changes to core systems such as economy, classes, PvP, crafting - you name it. We’re knocking out bugs and making changes to improve your gameplay experience. We want to roll these issues into the patch with the new zone content and that’s going to take some more time.

So, some gameplay adjustments alongside bug fixing, polish etc etc.

What I will say is that a few Developers have already started to post information on upcoming changes that should* hit before or with the content drop Mike discusses, and more will follow suit.

We just discussed changes to AMP and Ability Tier Points over in this thread; https://forums.wilds...lock-revisions/ and our Class Lead's are hoping to post another summary of upcoming changes in their respective forums as well (I don't have an ETA on these, but know the Class/Combat Team are working on them).

They'll be more information on other issues, feedback, concerns etc coming soon as well.

We made this post because we wanted to let you guys know our plans and that we are listening to everything you've been telling us. This is what we feel is the best step for WildStar and for you guys at this time, and hope that you can stick with us and trust us whilst we get all this stuff together.

I know folks get tired of hearing "soon" and "we're looking into this" and we're working on being able to communicate more, get more facts and information out there, but sometimes "soon" is all we can say for the time being. We'll always try to post more information when we can.

Thanks for your understanding everybody.

* - Made an edit as I realized I said "will" when I don't know 100% myself yet. So replaced with a "should".

Twitter: CRB_Anlath

Based in the UK. Dominion in the streets. Exile with my DPS (pronounce it "deeps").

The guy who said; "Busting a nut" on the Livestream.

#365 TehAcidBaron

TehAcidBaron
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Anlath for the sake of clarification, are the rune changes also planned before the drop?

RIP Filthy Gorgeous [FG]  And Ravenous 

6/6 GA, Stalker

#366 Laurens

Laurens
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Anlath for the sake of clarification, are the rune changes also planned before the drop?

I would like to include the PvP changes and AMP/Ability changes in that question.

They're all labeled as 'soon' and it's incredibly frustrating. Some ballpark estimate that lets us know if we'll be waiting weeks or months would already be an improvement on the current situation.

#367 TehAcidBaron

TehAcidBaron
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

I would like to include the PvP changes and AMP/Ability changes in that question.

They're all labeled as 'soon' and it's incredibly frustrating. Some ballpark estimate that lets us know if we'll be waiting weeks or months would already be an improvement on the current situation.

He already answered that above with the AMP changes

RIP Filthy Gorgeous [FG]  And Ravenous 

6/6 GA, Stalker

#368 stephen1984

stephen1984
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:44 AM

Basically, if something needs urgently fixing, we will update it as soon as we can. In some cases that could be a random hotfix, a weekly patch or the big patch Mike D mentions in his original post. It's going to vary.

For those asking for more details on what exactly the bigger update patch will cover, that's asking for a lot of specific information and honestly I don't think we're going to be able to do a patch notes of that size in advance. Mike gives a rough summary of what it will entail in the OP;

What I will say is that a few Developers have already started to post information on upcoming changes that will hit before or with the content drop Mike discusses, and more will follow suit.

We just discussed changes to AMP and Ability Tier Points over in this thread; https://forums.wilds...lock-revisions/ and our Class Lead's are hoping to post another summary of upcoming changes in their respective forums as well (I don't have an ETA on these, but know the Class/Combat Team are working on them).

They'll be more information on other issues, feedback, concerns etc coming soon as well.

We made this post because we wanted to let you guys know our plans and that we are listening to everything you've been telling us. This is what we feel is the best step for WildStar and for you guys at this time, and hope that you can stick with us and trust us whilst we get all this stuff together.

I know folks get tired of hearing "soon" and "we're looking into this" and we're working on being able to communicate more, get more facts and information out there, but sometimes "soon" is all we can say for the time being. We'll always try to post more information when we can.

Half the issue is with the pace of how things are done, Some of your development team are top notch the transparency we see from these are second to none. But theirs a significant number of devs who barely say anything on this forum whatsoever. Right now the Pvp in Ws is stale and it needs focusing on with the other bug changes and these fixes should be implemented as soon as humanly possible. Noone would mind if the bug fixes were done weekly. But even these are not being done, Its been over a week since we had any form of bug fixes to content etc. Is the budget being scaled down on the dev team or something currently?. Are the changes to your update schedule due to this?.

#369 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

Is the budget being scaled down on the dev team or something currently?. Are the changes to your update schedule due to this?.

You really think you'll get reliable answers on inquiries into financial concerns? These questions are absolutely pointless in my opinion.

• haisenkalle and Tankanidis like this

#370 VicVanMeter

VicVanMeter
  • Guests
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

What I will say is that a few Developers have already started to post information on upcoming changes that will hit before or with the content drop Mike discusses, and more will follow suit.

Thanks Wesley!  Keep up the good work!  I'm sure all except a few appreciate you guys taking some time to address the forums.

87FEA7CFC6CA2445B29C5492968_h256_w500_m2

• Mae Is Mean likes this

Let not the wind, example find, to do me more harm than it purposeth :
Since thou and I sigh one another's breath,
Whoe'er sighs most is cruellest, and hastes the other's death.  
-John Donne

#371 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

Thanks- I'd missed that first link. That makes me a happy camper.

I did know about the known issue thread- the problem is that it's been marked as fixed with no indication as to when it would be rolled out or that you understood how big a deal it was to us.

And keep it mind, the first time it was mentioned by a Carbine employee he didn't know what we were talking about, promised to get back to us, and never did.

Really love your game and I cut you guys a lot of slack. I'm a developer too and I know this stuff isn't easy. But a little "we know this is a huge deal for you and we are going to try and get it into the next weekly patch" post would have done a LOT for me.

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> 6/6 GA | Recruiting For Raiding (Tue/Fri/Sun 8:00-11:00 EST)

Raid Leader

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior

#372 dannymayhem

dannymayhem
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

oyTPssF.jpg

seems fitting

• dinwitt, Tankanidis, Muffinsforever and 3 others like this

#373 Ugum

Ugum
  • Guests
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Unfortunately it's too little, too late for a lot of people. The first 2-3 months is huge as a first impression and while the game itself has a lot of potential, that first impression was not that great. A lot of people have moved on, or back to, other games.

• Lord Bweaty and Vexxxia like this

H.G.I.C.

<Nuclear Launch Detected>

"If we remove the warning labels off everything, the world will fix itself." - Anonymous

#374 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Unfortunately it's too little, too late for a lot of people. The first 2-3 months is huge as a first impression and while the game itself has a lot of potential, that first impression was not that great. A lot of people have moved on, or back to, other games.

Cool opinion, but what's your point?

Are they supposed to just give up on improvements and shut the game down then?

• Byol and Tankanidis like this

#375 Nemura

Nemura
  • Guests
  • LocationAlabama, US

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Yep.  For those angry at people for coming here to complain - this is the only outlet of frustration we have. Our tickets don't get responded to in game, and when they do, we're told to go to the forum.  I'm glad that many are enjoying the game and haven't been affected by the bugs, but there are some that are gamebreaking to others and you do everyone a disservice by saying, "Suck it up, kid."  When you tell everyone to come back in a few months and check to see if the issues have been worked out, eventually you won't have anyone to tell that to.

In the Bug Report forum, we were told the bugged quests in Auroria and Farside, the ones that have people hung up in that zone, were being fixed today.  This is an almost 3-week problem.  I assume the fixes were pushed back and rolled into the aforementioned drop, which I simply cannot fathom.

If you have bug fixes that are genuinely frustrating people to the point of unsubbing, wouldn't you push them out - even a few fixes?  There hasn't been an update since 08/13.  With the amount of bugs in the game, I'd think there would be at least one update - even a small one - in two weeks time.

• Lord Bweaty, Muffinsforever and Vexxxia like this

Nemura - 50 Draken Stalker (30 Settler, Expert Architect), formerly of Evindra

Mkyu - 50 Aurin Esper (30 Explorer, Expert Tailor), formerly of Evindra

#376 Nemura

Nemura
  • Guests
  • LocationAlabama, US

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Cool opinion, but what's your point?

Are they supposed to just give up on improvements and shut the game down then?

No, they need to re-evaluate what they're doing and how the game is being managed.

#377 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

No, they need to re-evaluate what they're doing and how the game is being managed.

Isn't that what this thread is about? 

• Byol likes this

#378 Mavek

Mavek
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

NOPE, game should have been perfect at launch. TOO LATE NOW!

@Nemura: Really, stuck on a quest for 3 weeks?! You know you could move down the road and pick up the questline after that, right? Just return when the fix happens. I see you're on Evindra, RP player? Say the questgiver got sick (a bug GET IT?!).

• Tenner likes this

"We can criticize without being sacks of shit." -Comp

#379 Nemura

Nemura
  • Guests
  • LocationAlabama, US

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Yes it is.  This thread is about them re-evaluating their bug fix timeline and pushing it back.  The community is responding and saying, "WTF"?

NOPE, game should have been perfect at launch. TOO LATE NOW!

@Nemura: Really, stuck on a quest for 3 weeks?! You know you could move down the road and pick up the questline after that, right? Just return when the fix happens. I see you're on Evindra, RP player? Say the questgiver got sick (a bug GET IT?!).

Hyperbole much?  I don't think anyone expected the game to be perfect upon launch, or even a month after.  But there are bugs from Beta that are still unfixed.  There are bugs that have been going on for weeks that are unfixed.  And the response is, "we're pushing the fixes back."   And people don't have a right to be frustrated?  For a service they're paying money for?

And yes, some of us are a bit particular (read: OCD) about how we complete the game.  Certainly, we could all just skip the bugged quests and come back at 50 and finish them, but some people like to finish things in a timeline.  They don't just jump willy-nilly from one zone or another.  Instead of asking the player to adjust their playstyle, we should be asking Carbine why it takes 3 weeks to fix a bugged quest and why, when the fix is ready to go, it is not being implemented (it was supposed to be patched today).  I will certainly be the first one to admit that this isn't stopping anyone from playing, but it is just an example of one problem in a multitude of problems. 

#380 Kjersgaard

Kjersgaard
  • Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

So I'm curious as to what issues such as broken main story quests fall under. The Falkrin War quest in Galeras has been broken since the last week of July. I've done numerous bug reports, I've seen others stand there unable to get Vog to respond and the quest to advance file their own bug reports. It's been posted on the forums repeatedly. Does it really take a solid month to fix a main world story quest? Does something like that fall under weekly bug fix or content drop?