#1 Virtue

Virtue

Senior Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

The Defile -  Build 6843

General

• New players who do not configure a payment method for their WildStar account will receive a message directing them to go back to the website and complete the registration process.
  • Units without a relevant difficulty no longer show a difficulty in the Unit Tooltip.
  • While using a vehicle, the player should no longer have issues casting spells on a target.
  • Fixed a client crash related to the number of bags unlocked in a player's inventory.

Esper

Abilities

• Fixed a bug that prevented Meditate from granting the initial focus gain.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Blade Dance from granting Swiftness.

PvP

General

• Players may no longer leave a matchmaking queue or disband a group while they have a pending game.
  • Lowered K factors used to determine how much rating players will lose or gain for PvP matches.

Content

Grimvault

• Eldan Platforms on the cannon battery will no longer flip themselves 180 degrees before starting to rise or lower.

World Story

• If the player dies while fighting Xarophet he will no longer be able to aggro the player outside of the room. Upon the players death Xarophet will reset to his starting position.

Raids

Genetic Archives

• Phagetech Prototypes: Fixed an edge case where loot would not be awarded properly.

Paths

• Characters with path abilities reset to base tier should now have the tier auto-adjusted to the correct value.

User Interface

• Fixed an issue where the GroupFinder would re-open if a player accepted the queue.

API Changes

• Unit:GetBuffs(): Fixed odd filtering for returned buffs

Housing

• Music options that are purchased while standing on a Biome plug will now play correctly when the player leaves the Biome.
  • Visitors will now correctly hear the exterior music options when an owner changes the music theme indoors.
  • Fixed an issue where the changing the exterior music option for a property wouldn't set correctly the first time the player entered the property.
  • Fixed a number of issues that would cause the housing music option to play incorrectly.
  • Visitors will now correctly hear interior music options.

Edited by Virtue, 20 August 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Geoff Virtue
Senior Producer

Twitter: @WildStar - Support - Server Status

#2 Cikala

Cikala
  • Guests
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

• New players who do not configure a payment method for their WildStar account will receive a message directing them to go back to the website and complete the registration process.

Is this only going to affect new players, or all players?  I do not have credit card info (or paypal, or anything other than credd) setup in my account, nor am I willing to do so at this time, so if this affects all players, that will be the final straw for me.  As it is, I'm willing to continue paying with credd while I wait and see what happens with the game, fixes, etc, but I will not enter any other payment info into my account until a lot of things change.

• ShiokLah likes this

#3 Virtue

Virtue

Senior Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationOrange County

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Is this only going to affect new players, or all players?  I do not have credit card info (or paypal, or anything other than credd) setup in my account, nor am I willing to do so at this time, so if this affects all players, that will be the final straw for me.  As it is, I'm willing to continue paying with credd while I wait and see what happens with the game, fixes, etc, but I will not enter any other payment info into my account until a lot of things change.

This should only apply to new players.  To be more specific, even if you had a card applied to your account and CREDD was activated, that card would not be billed and instead your CREDD time would be used. 

Cheers 

Edited by Virtue, 20 August 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Geoff Virtue
Senior Producer

Twitter: @WildStar - Support - Server Status

#4 spell

spell
  • Members
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

• Lowered K factors used to determine how much rating players will lose or gain for PvP matches.

Could you please elaborate on that?

| WARMONGER | Spellqq | Medic PvP |

https://www.youtube.com/spellqq | http://www.twitch.tv/spellqq

#5 Ellz

Ellz
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:32 AM

Could you please elaborate on that?

Meaning we lose and gain less rating. 

If you win 20 rating before and lost 30

you'll possibly lose 15 rating and gain 18 or something.

Don't see the point in K factors when it's not on equal terms. It should be fixed amounts depending on what bracket you are in...

Chess k factors make sense since you both have the same amount of pieces. 

But imagine if you could come across an opponent that has 10 queen pieces and you have all pawns and your king. 

That's what the current system is.

• Saraborg likes this

Ellz | Dissapointed | Ezy

~Oldskool~

#6 Gathord

Gathord
  • Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

''Players may no longer leave a matchmaking queue or disband a group while they have a pending game.''

Did Carbine really just tell people how to wintrade still? This makes you guys look VERY unprofessional... 

#7 Tsulong

Tsulong
  • Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

''Players may no longer leave a matchmaking queue or disband a group while they have a pending game.''

Did Carbine really just ...redacted...

Nope... But you did.. 

#8 Kelzam Duskthorn

Kelzam Duskthorn
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

I haven't found where to submit PTR feedback, so I hope it's alright if I post my feedback here or that someone can redirect this to the appropriate channels:

FEEDBACK OR POSSIBLE BUGS:

-Tooltips for challenge items in The Defile are not appearing.

-The Reason Behind The Experiment quest:  After using Progenitor Holo-Projector Terminal and holograms appear nothing happens, and it is unclear whether that's the end of the quest line or not.  It's very ambiguous and I stood there trying to click on the holograms for a good 5 minutes before giving up and assuming that was the end of the quest line.

-No triggers following Spider Queen quest chain?  At this point there was nothing to send me back to the starting base or to tell me I should be going northwest to Hope's Dare, or northeast to The Black Focus.

-Housing music a lot quieter than music out in world or default music.  Even at max sound and volume setting I struggle to hear many tracks across all the playlists compared to the ambient sound in the zone or anything else.  The music volume needs to be adjusted for it be more audible or the cost is going to defeat the purpose.

-Traveling North East from Promenade of Ruin at the bottom of the ramp of The Black Focus -triggers Drusera call for the three quests.  There is nothing leading up to there to find them to begin with other than running into them by chance.  This was a huge issue I had with Blighthaven, personally, after the A Deal With The Doctor quest chain finished.  You're left to wander aimlessly until you run into a camp without any context.

-Related to the above, there appears to be no quest trigger or breadcrumb quest leading to Hope's Dare.

CERTAINLY BUGS:

-Resonator Data Screens at the Exanite Resonance Tower flood chat with repeating message when scanned by Scientist.  

-Unable to mount again after visiting the Exanite Resonance Tower without using Tactical Retreat.  Seemingly stuck in combat somehow or the inability to mount in the tower continues afterwards.

Housing Contests: ThaydFest I: Most Unique // Lifestyles 2: Best Exterior // WildStar Core Wintefest 2014 // Crimson Cross (RIP) Winterfest 2014 Best Overall // ThaydFest II Best Overall

About Me: 6/6 GA, 9/9 DS <Drow> (RIP); 7/7 RMT <The Flying Pandas>; WildStar-Core.com (RIP) Content WriterTwitter: @kelzamgaming; Tumblr: kelzamgaming; Twitch: KelzamGames;
Check out my guides and content at QueueTimes.com! Fresh Level 50 Player Guide: tinyurl.com/wsfresh50guide

#9 martimusprime

martimusprime
  • Guests
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Any word on optimization?

#10 Cookie Dragon

Cookie Dragon
  • Members
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'm still very curious about Technolosist Expert Research and would love to give it a shot and test out all the features of the tree!

~Chef Noriack the Chua, Level 50 Medic / Expert Technologist, Architect, Relic Hunter, Miner, and Survivalist.

Owner of Noriack's Cafe, located on the property of Chef Noriack. Open Saturday Nights 10:00pm est.

"Noriack's cafe, where the science of eating is practiced on your tastebuds."

#11 LilShadowDancer

LilShadowDancer
  • Guests
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

woow best game ever! xD