Rune Changes - Part 5 - Rerolling Rune Elements

Runes Runecrafting Rune Elements Technologist Reagents

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

We're adding a new feature to the Rune system that allows you to re-roll Rune elements should you get a combination of runes that cannot be overcome by the other changes we are making to stat and rune set availability and rune slot counts. Many of you have been concerned about the cost associated and with exactly how this will work.

Within the Runecrafting UI window, you will be able to select and reroll each individual rune slot exactly one time. You will not be able to reroll the same slot more than once, but you will be able to reroll every slot on the same item. This process will require a reagent - a new item called a Runic Elemental Flux. This item will be created by the Technologist crafting profession.

In order to reduce the impact of randomization of this reroll, when you select a slot to reroll you will be given a new popup window with 2 potential rune Elements. These two potential rune Elements will be picked from the list of remaining Elements excluding the original Element and Omni. Once you select your choice, that Element will be locked into your item.

For example:

You have an item that is Water-Water-Earth.

You select the first Water slot and attempt to reroll, consuming 1 Runic Elemental Flux.

You are able to select from either Fire or Life. You select Fire.

Fire is now locked into your item: Fire-Water-Earth.

You can still reroll the second Water slot or the third Earth slots, but you will be unable to reroll the Fire slot again.

Edited by J-Tal, 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM.

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#2 Halfthor

Halfthor
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Will definitely swap back to Technologist for this one. Genuinely excited :)

#3 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

System sounds very fair to me, if those flux items are reasonably viable to acquire with some frequency. Good news. :)

That being said...

Technologists....

It's time to GET HYPE :o

• Tankanidis likes this

#4 dinwitt

dinwitt
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

I like almost everything about this, though I am very curious as to the mats needed for the Runic Elemental Flux.  The only thing I would like to see is a way to somehow cancel out of the process and return to the original rune, albeit at the cost of not being able to change it again.

Edited by dinwitt, 18 August 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Entity - Redacted Engineer - Engineer - Scientist

#5 Nightshlin

Nightshlin
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Will you be able to keep the original rune element if you don't like either of the two options when you reroll the slot?

• Filri, Tankanidis, Tonitrui and 1 other like this

#6 TBD

TBD
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Relying on another person is what bothers me about this otherwise seems okay, if you are able to pick the slot we want and you don't pick or rather give us only 2 options to pick from, which would just bring us back to square 1 of not having the ability to customize as we see fit.  Just my .02 cents and 2 cents never mattered.

I wonder how much they will charge... oh joy i can't wait for that so for me, it's pretty much nothing changed.

No Remorse.
y do i help ppl in game, they are only looking to help themselves.
I'm aggressive watch out lulz

#7 Temptation

Temptation
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Will you be able to keep the original rune element if you don't like either of the two options when you reroll the slot?

Please answer this question.

#8 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I wonder how much they will charge... oh joy i can't wait for that

Eh, the market will take care of that.

And you can always join the Technologist master race yourself. :P

• TBD likes this

#9 KingKong

KingKong
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

sigh

#10 Kurona

Kurona
  • Guests
  • LocationYour Mom's House

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

oh boy, i'm getting excited now. but i'm also worried about the ingredients for the Runic Elemental Flux as well. Hopefully it's common ingredients and not rare drops from rare mobs during rare weather conditions.

if I were designing the item, i'd make it use various elemental Signs or something.

Kurona Silversky

<World Last 9/9>

#11 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

if I were designing the item, i'd make it use various elemental Signs or something.

Like all other high level crafting does already? I don't think you'd be doing people a favor with that... :unsure:

#12 rawrifficus

rawrifficus
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

Oh just wonderful. Why technologist? Now more then likely half of our mats will be wasted in the idiotic crafting system that is technologist.

#13 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

I like almost everything about this, though I am very curious as to the mats needed for the Runic Elemental Flux.  The only thing I would like to see is a way to somehow cancel out of the process and return to the original rune, albeit at the cost of not being able to change it again.

It will function similar to how crafting currently does. If you exit out of the process, when you reopen the crafting window it will return to where you left off. The key difference here is that the Abandon button will be greyed out. You cannot cancel out once the process has been started. So be sure you really, really don't want the original Rune Element.

This has been clarified and updated in a more recent post.

Edited by J-Tal, 21 August 2014 - 10:01 AM.

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#14 KingKong

KingKong
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

We're adding a new feature to the Rune system that allows you to re-roll Rune elements should you get a combination of runes that cannot be overcome by the other changes we are making to stat and rune set availability and rune slot counts. Many of you have been concerned about the cost associated and with exactly how this will work.

Within the Runecrafting UI window, you will be able to select and reroll each individual rune slot exactly one time. You will not be able to reroll the same slot more than once, but you will be able to reroll every slot on the same item. This process will require a reagent - a new item called a Runic Elemental Flux. This item will be created by the Technologist crafting profession.

In order to reduce the impact of randomization of this reroll, when you select a slot to reroll you will be given a new popup window with 2 potential rune Elements. These two potential rune Elements will be picked from the list of remaining Elements excluding the original Element and Omni. Once you select your choice, that Element will be locked into your item.

For example:

You have an item that is Water-Water-Earth.

You select the first Water slot and attempt to reroll, consuming 1 Runic Elemental Flux.

You are able to select from either Fire or Life. You select Fire.

Fire is now locked into your item: Fire-Water-Earth.

You can still reroll the second Water or the third Earth slots, but you will be unable to reroll Fire again.

Question: If the 2 elements I can choose are bad, can I cancel the process?

#15 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Question: If the 2 elements I can choose are bad, can I cancel the process?

Look one post above. :P

(the answer is "no")

#16 KingKong

KingKong
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

That is 6 elements you can roll from, 1/3 the chance will be what you want.

Still below average, how about making it choose from 3 elements instead of 2?

#17 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

That is 6 elements you can roll from, 1/3 the chance will be what you want.

Still below average, how about making it choose from 3 elements instead of 2?

Actually it's 5, because you can't get the original element again.

I think considering the big number of element/set/stat combinations that will be added, chances are big enough that you will get an acceptable element.

This is a good solution if the flux items aren't too overpriced.

#18 KingKong

KingKong
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

I think considering the big number of element/set/stat combinations that will be added, chances are big enough that you will get an acceptable element.

You need to do your math again.

• Tenner likes this

#19 Azurrei

Azurrei
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

There are 7 "elements" not 6.

• Tenner likes this

#20 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

There are 7 "elements" not 6.

You need to do your math again.

Crap, forgot about Fusion.

I keep thinking in lore terms! There is no "primal fusion", so fusion doesn't exist as a Wildstar element in my mind! :P

I'm sticking to the rest of my post though. New combos = more viable elements.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Runes, Runecrafting, Rune Elements, Technologist, Reagents