pvp gm crb testing

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Telliks

Telliks

Player Relations Lead

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hey folks, we've gone and created a character(CRB_PvPTest) to test high end PvP content on Pergo. We've artificially given the character a BG rating of 1800 and Prestige of 5000.

We’ll be online sporadically testing, so if you see us online, don’t freak out we’re staff.

Feel free to say Hi and join us for a pvp match!

#2 Intensive

Intensive
  • Guests
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Hey folks, we've gone and created a character(CRB_PvPTest) to test high end PvP content on Pergo. We've artificially given the character a BG rating of 1800 and Prestige of 5000.

We’ll be online sporadically testing, so if you see us online, don’t freak out we’re staff.

This.... this right here is a great step in the right direction.  I might suggest differing your ratings to get a better feel for the entire aray of talant at given tiers.  The more time you spend playing with the player base that uses this content regularly, the better you will understand your own products.

+1

Intensive - Medic (Healer) - <Subterfuge>

Twitch Streaming

System: Win7 Pro x64; i5 3570k @4.2Ghz; Nvidia 780 ti Superclocked; 16G DDR3; Intel 240GB SSD; Western Dig. 1TB HD

#3 Nyoro~

Nyoro~
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Heya, could you boost me to 1800 while you're at it? :)

Also I could use some nice shiny new resonators, the current ones are getting a little old.

#4 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Let us know what your rating is after you're done playing. No cheating with premades. Live the life you all created for us and try to dig out if you can.

Once you have 1800 gear it doesn't matter what you queue for or what your rating is, your individual battles will be a success. You'll essentially be carrying everyone else on your team, further imbalancing  the game on live.

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#5 Lovely1

Lovely1
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

I love this initiative. Couldn't have come sooner.

Let us know what your rating is after you're done playing. No cheating with premades. Live the life you all created for us and try to dig out if you can.

Once you have 1800 gear it doesn't matter what you queue for or what your rating is, your individual battles will be a success. You'll essentially be carrying everyone else on your team, further imbalancing  the game on live.

The whole point with RBGs is playing together in group so how you relate premades to cheating is beyond me. Also with the new gear changes I think you will be disappointed when you equip your gear and realise the character just doesnt play itself and roll over everyone else like a tanks.

Lovely - Healing Medic - 1200 rated in all brackets includ1ing RBGs.

I also rolled an Esper since they are OP!

#6 stephen1984

stephen1984
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

its a bot!

#7 Kujika

Kujika
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

So not only do you allow people tank their ratings after obtaining 1800 gear, allow people to purchase a carry and be boosted to 1800 and do nothing about it, but you do it yourself. Awesome. 

You'd honestly get a better picture of the terrible PvP situation right now by going in as a fresh 50 at 1200. Please, let us know your rating after a few hours.

#8 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

I love this initiative. Couldn't have come sooner.

The whole point with RBGs is playing together in group so how you relate premades to cheating is beyond me. Also with the new gear changes I think you will be disappointed when you equip your gear and realise the character just doesnt play itself and roll over everyone else like a tanks.

No I actually do work in BGs.

You know what they say about assumptions.

1 to 0. Next.

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#9 Speedplay

Speedplay
  • Members
  • LocationIowa City

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

It's a good idea, but I'm curious to hear what you're specifically looking to test by just starting out at such a high rating?

Because of where I'm at - now sitting in the 1000s after being even a ways farther south in the triple digits (not an uncommon place to be for that stretch where it was 1200-gear pugs vs 1800-gear premades) - I'd be curious for a member to start out at 1000 and experience the difficulty of that climb.

I'm not saying to not do the 1800 testing (it's a valuable perspective), but I'd like to see where prestige-capped 1800 testing fits into a more complete testing plan designed to understand the unique problems that apply to players through the spectrum of ratings and gear differentials.

Thanks!

Speed

#10 PigNaBlanket

PigNaBlanket
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

This is overdue. Glad you are doing it now though. We really are all rooting for you even if that rooting sounds like rawrrrrrrrr. However, you would learn a lot more about your pvp system by queuing for arenas and rbgs in 1200 gear. This moment would happen like oooooo those people were totally right. This is miserable.

PigNaBlanket - Stalker

Widow (Exile)

#11 Juts

Juts
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

I agree. I'd like to see the results of you guys starting at 1200. 

#12 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

This is overdue. Glad you are doing it now though. We really are all rooting for you even if that rooting sounds like rawrrrrrrrr. However, you would learn a lot more about your pvp system by queuing for arenas and rbgs in 1200 gear. This moment would happen like oooooo those people were totally right. This is miserable.

Nailed it.

#13 Tankanidis

Tankanidis
  • Members
  • LocationNot in Nexus anymore Toto.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

This reminds me of Blizz and Paladins back in Vanilla WoW. (Caydiem is mentioned in this old Video, show it to her and see if she remembers it!)

The video in question is: https://www.youtube....h?v=aBKqNt5ysq4

At least you've already made it on a PvP server :P

It's good you're about to test PvP on a Live Scenario, try and make another character as well that starts as a fresh 50 in pvp to see the hurdles they face and gain insight to the progression of PvP (keep this 1800 one, but make a 2nd to test the difference between them to help get a full view of pvp as most people are not 1800 rated)

#14 boni

boni
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Much overdue, but I'm glad it's happening.

#15 saftochbullar

saftochbullar
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

How about you start a warrior and equip it with full Blue pvp gear and you will see what a living hell it is to try and have a pvp career in this game :( doing pvp with full 1800 gear only shows that you dont give a shit about all the people trying to gear up after you messed up the pvp gear, I spent 2 days getting the blue pvp gear and i though okey im ready for arena and rated bg but no i just get stomped by nolifers with full bis pvp gear. .....not fun close to quiting

#16 ??????387

??????387
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Just a quick question:  what is it you'll be testing specifically?  Top end balance?

Freja Sixgun

Exile Aurin Healslinger

#17 savio.belli

savio.belli
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

should've started with a 1200 bg gear and try to work your way up as a solo player to see the "fun" times we're having.

#18 Youmukon

Youmukon

French Community Manager

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationSave                Location ▼

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

Greetings from gamescom,

It seems that the goal of Cougar's post was misunderstood so please allow me to add some details here.

This thread was basically created to let everyone know that Cheats were used on our Live environment (public servers where players are). This is part of our transparency policy when it comes to operations. If cheats are used on Live and if these can affect other's players gameplay, then we will let you guys know by stating publicly what cheats were used, on which Character/Realm and why (here high-end PvP testing).

I would also like to remind everyone that all Carbine employees beside a handful few (Cougar and his team, Customer Support) are to remain anonymous in-game at all time, do not have access to any cheats/in-game advantages what so ever. Accounts having access to cheat commands are heavily monitored as well and cheats are only used for work-related purposes by the above mentioned teams.

#19 Rex Smashington

Rex Smashington
  • Guests
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:46 AM

I agree with what everyone else is saying to test 1200 gear but why would they need to use cheats to get that?  They've most likely already been doing that on their regular accounts hence the massive changes coming to the PVP sets and AP and SP normalizing across all classes.  Don't really need a cheat to get the rating you start off with.  lol

#20 Gaus

Gaus
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

I wonder how many of you complaining about losing to 1800 geared people while wearing blues are even taking into account the runes. 90% of people I see wearing blues don't even bother to rune them and are losing out on ~4000+ combined pvp power or defense. It took me about 2 weeks of grinding prestige and 6 days of some arena to get my 1500 gear. Yes, certain 1800 geared teams will cause you to crash rating, but you should stop queuing when you see them anyway. But if you're are actually, "good enough", you will find a queue window when you can face equally geared players and step all over them to attain your rating quite quickly. Went from 1200-1500 in 2 hours with my buddy who was wearing half leveling gear/half blue pvp on his first day in arena. 

TL;DR - Rune your blues and don't smash your face into 1800 carries and cry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, gm, crb, testing