Rune Changes - Part 3 - Weakened Runes

Runes Runecrafting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Another new feature we are adding to help expand the Rune system to more players is the introduction of Weakened Runes.

One of the problems we faced with the Runecrafting system is that runes can be prohibitively expensive. This isn't necessarily bad once you are level 50 and have gear that you may not be replacing for several days or even weeks. However, while leveling through the content you replace your gear much faster - generally within several hours of play. We wanted to introduce a way to rune some of your better leveling items without it feeling super expensive from level 15-49 and without affecting the current value of Runecrafting and basic runes.

Weakened Runes should fill that gap. They will be available for purchase from Rune vendors for a minimal cost (a couple silver). They give 60% of the bonus that a normal crafted rune would provide - with a minimum of 1 budget point (or 1 stat point). Each rune element will provide the primary stats, with Logic also providing Shield Capacity and Health for balance (Logic only has two primary stats available - compared to 4 on Life).

The following Weakened Runes will be available for purchase:

Air

Finesse
Moxie
Tech
Grit

Earth
Brutality
Finesse
Moxie
Insight
Tech
Grit

Fire

Brutality

Moxie

Insight

Tech

Water

Brutality

Finesse

Insight
Grit

Life
Brutality

Finesse

Insight

Grit

Logic

Moxie

Shield Capacity

Tech

Health

Fusion

Brutality

Moxie

Finesse

Insight

Tech

Grit

The following Weakened PvP Runes will be available for purchase from PvP vendors:

Air
PvP Power

Earth
PvP Defense

Fire

PvP Power

Water

PvP Defense

Life

PvP Power

PvP Defense

Logic

PvP Power

PvP Defense

Fusion

PvP Power

PvP Defense

Edited by J-Tal, 15 August 2014 - 08:13 AM.

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#2 NikaSharkeh

NikaSharkeh
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Awesome! As a new player, the whole runes aspect was too expensive for me to get into. Glad to hear it will be cheaper and easier for non-50 players now ^^

#3 Kurona

Kurona
  • Guests
  • LocationYour Mom's House

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I didn't rune anything till i started doing vet adventures. These weakened runes are a very good idea.

• Filri, Tankanidis and MisterNubs like this

Kurona Silversky

<World Last 9/9>

#4 MisterNubs

MisterNubs
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Any way to make it so you don't have to go to the rune station in the main cities to socket the runes? While the weakened rune idea is great, having to run back to the main city each time makes me less inclined to us it.

Add a station in each quest hub or allow us to open a menu to socket anywhere.

#5 Marat

Marat
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

As I understand it runes are like the gems of WoW so since they made weaker ones, why not make some rare, expensive, and powerful ones that you won't use until you get that sword you know you'll keep for a while and good luck getting it unless you're rich, and need materials crafted using multiple professions (so you need to get guild mates to craft x, y, z and then a runecrafter makes empowered air rune moxie and it's stronger than the average rune :)

Chua Supreme Race

Chua Supreme Faction

Chua Supreme Class

#6 Halfthor

Halfthor
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Can't wait for Part 4 :)

#7 Tankanidis

Tankanidis
  • Members
  • LocationNot in Nexus anymore Toto.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

The only rune pre-50 i ever used on my characters was the one for the quest when you first learn about runes.

This would make characters under 50 be able to afford to use runes.

Good change.

*edit* Hopefully they are cheap enough for leveling characters to rune out their gear with.

#8 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Just to make sure, was the omission of PVP runes intentional or accidental?

#9 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Just to make sure, was the omission of PVP runes intentional or accidental?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. The Weakened PvP runes have been added to the list above.

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#10 Geaux

Geaux
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

interesting, just  make sure you put weakened runes o the same exclusion rule set as  basic stat runes before someone runs the numbers and finds  thier primary stat to be >67% better than the next stat.

In Wildstar don't attribute anything to malice  that can be accounted for  by incompetence.

Carbine studios, a textbook case of blown potental

Have a dumb stalker question? Ask here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Runes, Runecrafting