Rune Changes - Part 1 - New Stat/Element Breakdowns

Runes Runecrafting Stats

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 J-Tal

J-Tal
  • Carbine Studios (Former)

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'll be making some posts about the upcoming changes to the Rune and Runecrafting systems over the next couple of days/weeks. I'm going to try to break these into bite-size morsels for easier reading and processing and to get more directed feedback per thread. The first of the updates I would like to talk about are the new Stat/Element breakdowns.

When we build new rune combinations and new rune sets, we start with a Stat/Element breakdown such that certain elements can only have certain stat contributions. During the audit of the system, it became clear that there were significant gaps in the balance of the available stats per element - causing some elements to be less valuable and others to become too valuable. In an effort to balance this out, we are adding the following stats to the following elements:

Air

Assault Power

Critical Hit

Tech

Grit

Earth

Finesse

Moxie

Deflect
Insight
Support Power

Fire
Assault Power
Strikethrough
Armor
Recovery

Water

Brutality
Crit Severity
Deflect Critical
Support Power

Life
Shield Capacity
PvP Power

Logic

Health
PvP Power

These will be available as Weakened Runes, Basic Craftable Runes and will begin appearing in Rune Sets.

The new total breakdown is shown below with the new stat availability being highlighted.

Bk3OtKd.png?1

"Is that blood I see? Hmm, you organics are all so ... frail."

#2 goff01030

goff01030
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Excellent

#3 PariahDog

PariahDog
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

May be too early to tell but all this seems to do is rejuggle which runes determine whether an item is vendor trash or not (since it sounds like the slots themselves are still going to be RNG)

#4 Dornie

Dornie
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Looks like it's not so much juggling around as adding more potential stats to each rune type.  Thus, LESS likely the player will consider an item to be vendor trash.

#5 Uzeil

Uzeil
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the information ahead of time -- that being said, when giving information ahead of time that affects where we spend our currency, please don't underestimate the value of an ETA!  Even if it's just "This won't be happening this week or next week, at least" -- that information is really important!  The same issue is happening with the PvP Gear changes -- we've been told the blue gear will become half price and more powerful, but without an ETA we have no idea if we can buy some blue gear (new spec / new 50) without wasting our currency because the change might come in tomorrow or the next day for all we know.  Sames issue will happen here with runes!

A question about the chart:  I see at least one highlight where the stat already existed (AP on Fire runes).  Is there something other than "new stat availability" that the highlighted boxes are meant to show?

Also, I thought there was an effort being made to change each primary stat for AP/SP on each class to work with the same ratios/milestones as Finesse for 'slingers.  Is that still in the works or is this change meant to be the solution instead?

#6 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Keep in mind that AP on Fire only existed in sets, not on the base rune.  Which is what this post is about.  Which ones are going to sets is coming in Part 2.

No idea when it's coinciding with this, but the incoming AP / main stat re-balance with the heavier armors will affect how good some runes are compared to others too.  

As long as rune sets start flowing up with a lot of these new additions I personally will be pretty happy about it all.  Rune sets are where it's at usually.  

Exile - Pago (PvP) - Fail Gaming | Ayestem - PvP DPS Melee Mage Esper

Ayestes - Spellslinger | Ayestet - Medic  |  Ayestee -  Engineer

#7 LittleBrownMan

LittleBrownMan
  • Members
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

gotta love the bread crumbs on this one....days/weeks.  

Julie Bravo (Medic) Johnny Bravo (Warrior) 

The Smackdown: A Warrior Leveling Guide

#8 Rozay

Rozay
  • Members
  • LocationTx

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Well there goes my gold i spent -_-

Nothing much to say.... So ya...

#9 Tankanidis

Tankanidis
  • Members
  • LocationNot in Nexus anymore Toto.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Well done J-Tal, this is definitely a move in the right direction. :)

• Adrenalex likes this

#10 goff01030

goff01030
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Please make this come out sooner as I'm currently doing runes for my gears and I need those earth slots for fitness.

#11 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

So Life/Logic are PVP runes and the rest are aimed at PVE.  Am I understanding that correctly?  (Though I do understand Life/Logic do have a PVE niche)

Also, are all colors going to give the same per type?  For example, Air, Fire and Fusion all offer AP.  As long as the rune is of the same quality, will the Fire, Fusion and Air all offer the same amount of AP?

#12 Glyini

Glyini
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

Holy crap earth runes will now be useable. Im glad for this change as it is now getting an earth slot is worse than no slot unless its last.

Though there still seems to be a few holes all the classes except medic and esper can get AP or main stat from every element except 1. Medic and Espers have 2 rune colors that have a hole in them.

Healers also have a 2 element hole for support power/insight too. Logic sucks for healers no support power, insight or recovery on them.

#13 Helmpie

Helmpie
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

This seems great! I felt like i had quite a few problems getting PvP Power on my "old" PvP gear. This will help alot. 

Thanks!

p.s. small review comment might want to change PvP Offense to PvP Power? :)

#14 Zayveon

Zayveon
  • Members
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Looks good so far!

Can't really give feedback until seeing the whole picture, mainly how Runesets will be effected.

#15 Vyshan

Vyshan
  • Members
  • LocationIn a tree

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

The whole rune system is way too over-complicated. I shall continue in my stance of refusing to use runes until the system is simplified and more intuitive.

*shrug*

#16 Lucisholis

Lucisholis
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

Nice changes. Question about the rerolling of runeslots. While having to farm up an item to add a slot is a good mechanic, why not have a flat gold fee for rerolling them? We already pay gold to unlock locked slots so it's not that much of a stretch. Unless the item drops like rune fragments, stored in our tradeskill bags and can be bought and sold on the CX, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise, just have us pay a plat to reroll a useless slot and get back to playing.

#17 Mahanaxar

Mahanaxar
  • Guests
  • LocationOCMD

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

And here I done runed everything last night with current stats....

WTT (Air) Technophile Rune of Finesse for Technophile Rune of Tech...

Mahanaxar the Mohawked Mordesh Medic

Officer of <Darkhand> (Pago-PvP) - http://www.the-darkhand.com

Check out my WildStar Parody Song Videos, follow me @MahanaxStar, and/or subscribe to YouTube.com/MahanaxStar

#18 Letho

Letho
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

Definetely a move in the right direction, nice. Nevertheless I feel that at least one more element should feature assault power, at least as long as the "non-valuable elements" don't feature it as a set-stat. Everything that reduces dps and minmaxing rng is much appreciated!

#19 Miiyo

Miiyo
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Couldnt you add physical resistance or armor to life? :( 

#20 Pops

Pops
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

That's like cutting your nose off to spite your face, Vyshan.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Runes, Runecrafting, Stats