Photo

[Video] Preview the New Skyplot Background Music / Ambient Noise Options Coming in Drop #3

music ambient customization background skyplot housing builder

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gedi

Gedi
  • Members
  • LocationSouthern California, USA

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

Hey guys, I've been poking around the PTR (Public Test Realm) and discovered that the new background music / ambient noise options we will soon be able to 'install' at our skyplots are live and listen-able!!

Threw together a quick preview video for those of you not on the PTR, so you can check out what's coming down the pipe.  There are annotations all along the bottom so you can navigate between the tracks a bit quicker, as I bumble around a bit realizing some are controlled by the 'ambient' Sounds slider and some by the 'music' slider.  [I guess someone could potentially consider these spoilers, so don't click if you don't want to see the awesomeness!]

Take a listen to them here:
BdyLdQBl.jpg

Here are the track titles:
Music Tracks

• Calm Star
  • Dusty Trails and Rowsdower Tails
  • For the Dominion!
  • For the Exile!
  • Kill All The Things
  • Shake Your Boulderbacks [lolll!]
  • Supremacy Is a Cold Science
  • The Ancient Lands

Ambient Tracks

• A Little Rain Must Fall
  • I'll Be In My Cave
  • It's A Dry Heat
  • It's A Jungle Out There
  • Ones and Zeroes
  • Whispers of Eldan Machines
  • Magical Forest

They may be a bit pricey, but there's a great variety of sounds that should match up with a lot of different themes, and I really appreciate the opportunity to flesh out the 'experience' of visiting my plot even more.

What do you guys think?  Got a favorite in mind already for your own skyplot?  
I'll be going with "It's a Jungle Out There" for my jungle-themed house, but I already have this vision of building a Lopp/Plushie-themed dance party for Shake Your Boulderbacks....  xD

Like my content?  Check out my channel:                                                NERF HOUSING:  Player Housing Tips & Tricks with Erector Gedi                                                    Come build something OP with me!
                                                                                                                                                                                                             @ErectorGedi

#2 Kaeret

Kaeret
  • Members
  • LocationIn a garden...

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

Hmm, none seem to really suit my winter toy shop (was hoping for a protostar track), but thank you for the preview nonetheless. :)

#3 Gedi

Gedi
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

Hmm, none seem to really suit my winter toy shop (was hoping for a protostar track), but thank you for the preview nonetheless. :)

I was going to suggest Whispers of Eldan Machines, but re-listening to it, I guess it's probably a little dark for the "winter toy shop" theme.

Time to create a dystopic "enslaved elf hell factory" parallel dimension version of your plot!  :P

Like my content?  Check out my channel:                                                NERF HOUSING:  Player Housing Tips & Tricks with Erector Gedi                                                    Come build something OP with me!
                                                                                                                                                                                                             @ErectorGedi

#4 YukeraYasha

YukeraYasha
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

this is definitely nice, although I was hoping to be able to change the ground on my plot sooner rather than later. I have one called "fridgid isle" that's covered in grass; haha-ha-ha..... >.<. Thanks for sharing though, there's a few tracks here I'll pick up =)

#5 Pib

Pib
  • Guests
  • Location, location, location!

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Hey, cool. Does anyone know what the track is that plays in the Dominion Trade District? I'd love to get that one.

#6 PinkPanther

PinkPanther
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

That's cool and nice video. But with how noisy this game can get and it being backgrounded while the game is minimized I'll likely go back to having Wildstar muted 100% of the time after the first week.

#7 Sciela

Sciela
  • Guests
  • LocationNear Tacoma

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Haha, awesome! I just hope they give us the Protostar Theme, Lopp Theme and the Celestion theme. :3 My favorite tracks in this game.

"There's a little bit of a hero in every one of us."
"We are who we are -- even if we sometimes forget."

"It's not me with the problem, alright? It's the whole world that just seems to have a problem with me! They take one look at me and go, 'Ahh! Help! Run! It's a big, stupid, ugly ogre.' That's why I'm better off alone."

#8 Eryi

Eryi
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

Nice! Very cool to be getting some updates for housing so soon!

#9 Jeff Kurtenacker

Jeff Kurtenacker
  • Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Just to be clear, the music tracks are actually playlists, with multiple songs in that style. So "CalmStar" has quite a few more calming and peaceful songs from the game, The Dominion playlist has a bunch of Dominion songs, and the Exile playlist has Exile songs, while "Why So Serious?" has more of the fun/quirky tunes like Protostar, etc....

I just wanted to clear up any confusion. :)

Life motto: You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.

#10 Gedi

Gedi
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Just to be clear, the music tracks are actually playlists, with multiple songs in that style. So "CalmStar" has quite a few more calming and peaceful songs from the game, The Dominion playlist has a bunch of Dominion songs, and the Exile playlist has Exile songs, while "Why So Serious?" has more of the fun/quirky tunes like Protostar, etc....

Yes, thank you! I realize by the end of the video that there's clearly more going on than I was assuming at the beginning, mainly that they'd be shorter elements looped. Then I started to play with the ambient/music controls, and found there was much more there to discover as I tried to record each track individually. Thanks for the clarity :)

Am I correct in assuming that the ones which sound primarily "Ambient" (the Cave, for example) could be heard completely even with the "Music" slider turned to 0 and vice versa? Or are there subtle elements of the tracks you'd need to have both sliders up to appreciate? Or maybe both on a track by track basis? Or: just tell me to enjoy the magic of discovery xD

Also, by any chance did you ever play/hear the Glitch (MMO) soundtrack? I loved that nearly as much as yours, and if you haven't, I bet you would, too.

• MuninVonGood likes this

@ErectorGedi

#11 Kelzam Duskthorn

Kelzam Duskthorn
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the info (and an amazing soundtrack).  I do have a question though - is there any chance at all of being allowed individual tracks rather than playlists?  I know individual tracks would end up with a huge list, but listening to the video there are some tracks I'd really like to just be continuously playing.  For example in Gedi's video, the first track from "Shake Your Rubbleback" he played would be amazing for a game show housing plot and the music changing could really damage the atmosphere while people are doing RP events and such.

My other feedback is that there's an example where one track in a playlist sets a different mood than another.  Take the tracks in "Surpremacy Is a Cold Science" - obviously what I've come to consider the "main" Eldan theme is going to be part of this.  But, what I really want access to for my current project, I heard towards the end of the video is the track from the Exo-Lab in Northern Wastes that has a very energetic-electronica feel.  Despite being under the umbrella of Exo-Labs or Eldan areas, they evoke a very different feeling.  Truthfully the other day I spent way too long in that Exo-Lab up in Northern Wastes grinding mobs because I just enjoyed the track -that- much.

I'm hoping for the best here and I think a lot of people hearing about this that aren't on the PTR are going to expect individual tracks rather than playlists.  I mean either way, a huge "thank you" for listening to us housing enthusiasts and putting the work into getting this in.

• YukeraYasha likes this

Housing Contests: ThaydFest I: Most Unique // Lifestyles 2: Best Exterior // WildStar Core Wintefest 2014 // Crimson Cross (RIP) Winterfest 2014 Best Overall // ThaydFest II Best Overall

About Me: 6/6 GA, 9/9 DS <Drow> (RIP); 7/7 RMT <The Flying Pandas>; WildStar-Core.com (RIP) Content WriterTwitter: @kelzamgaming; Tumblr: kelzamgaming; Twitch: KelzamGames;
Check out my guides and content at QueueTimes.com! Fresh Level 50 Player Guide: tinyurl.com/wsfresh50guide

#12 Party On Garth

Party On Garth
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

There are a lot of things wrong in Wildstar. There is a healthy handful of devs whom I don't exactly have the highest opinion of... But then there are other folks at Carbine who nail it literally every time. Bravo to Jeff and anyone he worked with to establish this feature.  

• PlasmaJohn likes this

-Garth McGarth, the Mechari Warrior who brings the deeps does it all... on NA PVE. 1/9 Datascape.

-Law son, the Cassian Esper who heals. Dominion Reputation boss too strong. Dem world bosses are sneaky.   

#13 Krystlmxo

Krystlmxo
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hey Gedi fantastic video thanks for posting the info about the upcoming changes. When you get a chance I sent you a PM. Thanks

Check out my site featuring Wildstar housing   www.asliceofnexus.com   Kick it with Split Infinity Radio driving gamers WILD since 2005 B) Let us cover your in game event ;)     Twitch   Facebook  Twitter: @djkrystl  

#14 YukeraYasha

YukeraYasha
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

I agree with one person above, playlists are great but it would also be nice to be able to pick a track to loop at some point in the future =)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, ambient, customization, background, skyplot, housing, builder