• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_TheMuffinMan

CRB_TheMuffinMan
  • Banned

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Here is an update on current issues:

Rating Bracket Bug:

The issue of players not getting queue pops when grouped together due to having ratings on the opposite sides of certain ratings thresholds has been fixed and was pushed out last night.

Healing in PvP:

Adjustments are being made internally to increase the effectiveness of healing in PvP. This change will need a balance pass and testing so I can’t provide an ETA at this time.

Time to Kill:

We are currently investigating ways to address concerns regarding time to kill. We have been looking at player health values in end game PvP and looking at possible adjustments to the Min/Max damage modifiers gained through PvP stats. We have no ETA on any adjustments at this time

Gear Gaps:

The gear gaps are being closed. The intent is to make it so skilled players in blues will still be competitive with players in Tier 2 sets (1800’s). We will be making following changes:

• The PvP blue set will be boosted to the current Tier 1 set
  • The Tier 2 set will remain the same
  • The Tier 1 set will be boosted to bridge the gap between blues and Tier 2.  
  • The cost of blues will also be reduced by approximately 50%

This change is targeted to be pushed out in the next few weeks.

Same Faction Rated Battlegrounds (exile vs. exile and dominion vs. dominion):

This is something I have been investigating and would like to add in the future, however this is not something that is a quick change. Currently, battlegrounds are built for opposing faction in terms of world art (more so Daggerstone than Walatiki and HotBS), VO and strings. It would also require a rework of the existing BG queuing system.

I am currently seeking approvals for adding this feature and will provide updates when I am able.

Making Tier 2 Gear obtainable in Rated Battlegrounds:

I would also like to make Tier 2 pvp gear obtainable in Rated Battlegrounds. This is another change that will require approval and again, I will provide updates when I am able.

Entering Enemy Spawns in Battlegrounds:

Fixes to prevent this have been made for Daggerstone and Walatiki and will be pushed out this week or next.

Edited by CRB_TheMuffinMan, 05 August 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#2 Valnak

Valnak
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Why can't you provide an ETA? Why can't you just say "We will release a patch in a week to boost healing." or "It will take 2 weeks to change gear around."

Would it really be hard to say that?

#3 ??????387

??????387
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Thank you, sir.

Freja Sixgun

Exile Aurin Healslinger

#4 spaceolympian196

spaceolympian196
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thank God! Even though I now almost have all blues I welcome the decrease in price to help people out. Seeing tier 2 available to rbgs would be great as well. The whole aarena gets the best gear is just stupid. It's rated for a reason. Just different strokes for folks who prefer arenas or bgs. Really excited to see the gear gap issue being addressed so quickly.

#5 spaceolympian196

spaceolympian196
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

The spawn camping is really something that should be hotfixed asap. It completely breaks the pvp side of the game while doing bgs.

#6 stephen1984

stephen1984
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Thank God! Even though I now almost have all blues I welcome the decrease in price to help people out. Seeing tier 2 available to rbgs would be great as well. The whole aarena gets the best gear is just stupid. It's rated for a reason. Just different strokes for folks who prefer arenas or bgs. Really excited to see the gear gap issue being addressed so quickly.

Thanks a bunch now i have that song in my head.

#7 Centricity

Centricity
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Another post filled with great intentions, yet no timeline. Different day, same story. We'll see how the implementation turns out.

However:

• The PvP blue set will be boosted to the current Tier 1 set
  • The Tier 2 set will remain the same
  • The Tier 1 set will be boosted to bridge the gap between blues and Tier 2.  

What the heck is the point of this? The gap between T1 and T2 is small enough as is; changing T1 to bridge that "gap" is so trivial. You might as well get rid of the blues altogether and just offer T1 in its place.

Edit:

You're better off just hitting the stop and reset buttons at this point. Stop the season, make these changes, allow people to catch up, then start a new season. You need something big at this point to bring people back; it was suppose to be Drop 2, but that obviously failed.

#8 stephen1984

stephen1984
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Another post filled with great intentions, yet no timeline. Different day, same story. We'll see how the implementation turns out.

However:

What the heck is the point of this? The gap between T1 and T2 is small enough as is; changing T1 to bridge that "gap" is so trivial. You might as well get rid of the blues altogether and just offer T1 in its place.

So T1 would just be blues basically and what would be 1500? 1800?. Its intriguing but what about these two tiers would you remove 1800 entirely?

#9 LONGTIME

LONGTIME
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Here is an update on current issues:

Entering Enemy Spawns in Battlegrounds:

Fixes to prevent this have been made for Daggerstone and Walatiki and will be pushed out this week or next.

This needs to be pushed yesterday.

#10 Centricity

Centricity
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

So T1 would just be blues basically and what would be 1500? 1800?.

With the planned changes, they might as well just spread the 1800 gear throughout 1200-1800.

#11 Syrath

Syrath
  • Members
  • LocationEmerald City

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Well thank you its nice to know these issues are present and pressing. We the people are only so harsh because we are frustrated and we care and seeing your friends and guildies leave over shit that should be fixed adds fuel to the fire.

This looks to be a solid step in the right direction but so did D2 and it may very well be too late to recover the people that have been lost to stop the bleeding the changes need to be swift. Not Sept soon.

Also if you are unavailable to fix spawn camping right now. Issue a statememt, people caught doing it will be banned no exceptions then follow through. Will only take a couple to send a msg and we don't need *cupcake*stains like that in BGs anyway.
Wildstar where the forums are more moderated then the game. Exploit in game = profit, call people out or hold Carbine accountable = deleted posts & warnings.

#12 miasu

miasu
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

About time; a much appreciated update on your opinion/stances on the current state of pvp. /tip hat

I would like to suggest something else...could you possibly put in PvP dailies/weeklies that say reward a RNG pack(s) that could potentially have a nice shiny higher end piece of gear or tokens to buy them? Make is so you can casually do this in practice bgs or rename it to some thing like "Proving Grounds" and make it a place where casuals/noobs/non serious pvpers can have fun and if they grind long enough they might earn some better gears? Just make the rated/arenas the fast track place for the players who are serious. I really do not mind grinding at all but I'd like to think that I can do this and actually earn something for it. Atm; it's rateds, arena, or not at all. Considering that puging those is pointless and is near impossible, it leads to extreme frustration to know I am not getting anywhere at all and never will at this rate. :(

SWToR at release until I quit (lack of content updates) had a decent system imo...you could grind and gain top gear just pugging but it took a long time compared to pre-mades so I felt it balanced out rather well; it didn't punish nor force me to do things I rather not.

I will be blunt, I didn't like arenas when wow introduced them and never will. Also rated bgs were not fun either but atleast the gear gaps weren't so bad. But the regular bgs...I could simply pug and earn last seasons glad gear: it was not the best but it made it worth while to que up and fight with zero pressure. Anyways, waiting for some one to chime in "welfare epics!" but you know what, I don't think any pvper who likes competition would say that.

Anyways, I hope this does not take long...at least the healing and bg spawn camping issues...I hope something hits by next week....because I have nothing else to do in this game but pvp...and in it's current state it's near unplayable to me. :(

#13 Bobbbbbbb

Bobbbbbbb
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Good post. Would be great to see this deployed within the next week or so.

On a serious note, why the belated post Muffin?

#14 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Great post MuffinMan.  What's your current view on alternate non-rating tied pvp gear progression?  

Exile - Pago (PvP) - Fail Gaming | Ayestem - PvP DPS Melee Mage Esper

Ayestes - Spellslinger | Ayestet - Medic  |  Ayestee -  Engineer

#15 Comp

Comp
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Why can't you provide an ETA? Why can't you just say "We will release a patch in a week to boost healing." or "It will take 2 weeks to change gear around."

I wish the first post on this thread wasn't from a whiner, man. The lead pvp designer posts on the forums after releasing two hotfixes showing us whats coming next -- and that they're listening to exactly what we've been saying on the forums -- and we're still complaining. I wish people were more respectful. We can criticize without being sacks of shit.

This game has potential. The fact that they pushed out a fix for the queue issues, fixed arena gear, are planning on further changing the arena gear gap issues means they are literally listening. They're talking about tuning time to kill. They're talking about tuning healing. Its almost as if they're releasing software, listening to the community and iterating as quickly as they can to make things better. Its almost like they care if their pvp survives and are dedicated to it.

As a guy who runs an engineering team, I can tell you: releasing major content updates to a massively complicated system once a month is a crazy ass goal. I commend them for trying. In fact, they may have even succeeded had they not taken on the pvp stat changes. The same bugs with things like wild barrage, charged shot, and the queue split creep in because with 4 weeks between patches you have near zero "bake time" to suss out subtle or even not so subtle issues. But, I'm willing to live with a few bugs to stick it out with a company who is dedicated to making competitive pvp happen in their game.

#16 miasu

miasu
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

If they want this game to have a MLG status, you better remove the gear gaps completely. If not, the game will never be balanced and wins or losses will be mostly credited to who ever has the best gears.

#17 Mavek

Mavek
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

I wish the first post on this thread wasn't from a whiner, man. The lead pvp designer posts on the forums after releasing two hotfixes showing us whats coming next -- and that they're listening to exactly what we've been saying on the forums -- and we're still complaining. I wish people were more respectful. We can criticize without being sacks of shit.

"We can criticize without being sacks of shit." -Comp

#18 Malvolg

Malvolg
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Sounds like some fantastic changes to my ears.

Thanks for the post sir!

#19 RLH_Deer

RLH_Deer
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

Why is it going to take a week to put a wall in the Bg's?! 

#20 Malvolg

Malvolg
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

Did it ever occur to you that patch release dates just may be out of his hands and that he can only give an ETA on patches already approved by those above him?