• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_MrSmiley

CRB_MrSmiley

Game Support Supervisor

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hey Folks,

Mr.Smiley here. The issues with Epochos and Adventus items have been a huge issues for Customer Support and our Dev team. I asked our Lead Economy Designer, VikingNoah to explain to me exactly what was happening and it was so good we had him rewrite it so it could be posted. Below is his response.

Hi all,

I wanted to take this opportunity to address the issue of prototypes sometimes not getting created. To summarize, failing to craft a prototype was not being properly communicated. Both feedback from the UI and the players’ lack of “failure items” made the situation of failing a crafted prototype confusing. This issue affected any Epochos or Adventus prototype that resulted in failure (via overcharging), which is a method used by Armorers, Outfitters, Tailors, and Weaponsmiths.

From a design standpoint, our intention was to allow players the freedom of overcharging for better stats from the crafted prototype. It worked the same way whether you were crafting your second, third, or any corresponding items after the prototype. However, it is often the case that prototype crafts involve materials that took hours or even days of game time to gather. We’d rather not expose that level of risk to the materials gathered for the prototype (or “let the player shoot themselves in the foot”, to use a game design term). So, after further discussion, we decided to remove the possibility of prototype failure altogether. The second, third, and all corresponding versions of the crafted schematic will still allow overcharging for improved stats.

This design change will go live in Patch 1 for Drop 2, but it is not in the initial Drop 2. Until then, players are advised not to overcharge the prototype version of an Epochos or Adventus craft. Remember, the prototype version of a craft is the first one a player makes, which includes a Schematic and Eldan Data Fragments as part of its cost.

--Edited VikingNoah's title

#2 Psyknis

Psyknis
  • Members
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Does this mean you can still overcharge and perhaps avoid the "100% chance to fail" altogether? Meaning, will I be able to add as many charges into each circuit as I choose?

http://www.twitch.tv/psyknis - Check out my stream                                 <DaMG> Co-GM

http://www.damgaming.com - Check out the guild                                  Entity (NA)

KittenWrangler Legacy                Psyknis Engineer 50 (Tank) || Psykniz Medic 50 (DPS) || Syknis Esper 50 (Healer)

#3 Chaze

Chaze
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

The second, third, and all corresponding versions of the crafted schematic will still allow overcharging for improved stats.

Which would mean the first craft would not allow overcharging.

#4 pjEunomia

pjEunomia
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

In case someone did this on past and lost the data fragments, does he stand a chance of getting those back? 

Because that thing happened to me and i lost 14 data fragments, that's 14 days of doing the quest.

Idol 

<Eugenic>

24k Stalker

#5 Hurfy

Hurfy
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for communicating this and for the refund of data fragments.

#6 Unsane1

Unsane1
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

Does that mean I lose the schematic and the 2x Eldan sign of Fusions that initially failed? =(

#7 Pankuro

Pankuro
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for communicating this and for the refund of data fragments.

You got a refund? They told me I was SOL, and when asking why they weren't giving me a restoration on 18 fragments, they said "We can't tell you how the game works" which made absolutely no sense to me...

How did you get yours back? o.O

#8 Unsane1

Unsane1
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

I got mine in the mail. But what am I supposed to do with these data fragments? I lost my Fusion Signs and schematic..hmmm...

#9 Hurfy

Hurfy
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

You got a refund? They told me I was SOL, and when asking why they weren't giving me a restoration on 18 fragments, they said "We can't tell you how the game works" which made absolutely no sense to me...

How did you get yours back? o.O

Mine came in the mail.  I requested that they refund my character the crafting vouchers so that I could repurchase the pattern, but they sent me data fragments.  I suspect there's just a humongous queue of people looking for refunds and one really tired intern button mashing a macro.

#10 Mae Is Mean

Mae Is Mean
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Got my refund today! This makes total sense when you explain it and it explains why mine failed. I appreciate the reimbursement!!

Old Timers Guild                       Mae Is Mean                       Entity Server | NA-PVE
Maelya Mae - Cassian Esper | Maelani Mae Cassian Medic | Maenie Mae - Chua Engineer | Maerie Mae - Chua Spellslinger | Maedelyn Mae - Mechari Warrior | Maerilyn Mae - Mechari Stalker

Maekenna Mae - Mordesh Warrior | Maevyn Mae - Mordesh Spellslinger | Maewyn Mae - Mordesh Stalker | Maehymn Mae - Aurin Esper | Maelanie Mae -  Human Medic | Maeniac Mae - Granok Engineer

#11 Jetah

Jetah
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

So much for "Hardcore".  But really, the details were in the game.  If you failed; you had to wait to try it again.

CRB I thought you weren't going to make the game easy?

The Guardians  LFM Dominion PvX NA

#12 Toriton

Toriton
  • Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

Lovely addressed issue :) and the refund was more than what i expected thanks a lot.

#13 Phebus

Phebus
  • Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

Well done guys! More than happy with this current resolution. I can get in game money but my play time is an issue. Yet again, you have impressed me :)

#14 Hackn3y

Hackn3y
  • Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

I appreciate you guys resolving this problem. Although I wish I could have gotten my 2 lost Marinax Acceleron back. Cost about 1.4 plat each  :(

#15 Mae Is Mean

Mae Is Mean
  • Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

So much for "Hardcore".  But really, the details were in the game.  If you failed; you had to wait to try it again.

CRB I thought you weren't going to make the game easy?

Are you really serious right now?

Old Timers Guild                       Mae Is Mean                       Entity Server | NA-PVE
Maelya Mae - Cassian Esper | Maelani Mae Cassian Medic | Maenie Mae - Chua Engineer | Maerie Mae - Chua Spellslinger | Maedelyn Mae - Mechari Warrior | Maerilyn Mae - Mechari Stalker

Maekenna Mae - Mordesh Warrior | Maevyn Mae - Mordesh Spellslinger | Maewyn Mae - Mordesh Stalker | Maehymn Mae - Aurin Esper | Maelanie Mae -  Human Medic | Maeniac Mae - Granok Engineer

#16 Teddiebear

Teddiebear
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

So, as far as I understood it, it happened because of failing to craft the prototype, but not getting any feedback from the UI? Was hit by this atleast once or twice and mostly just rotten luck made me fail it, (sub 10% failure rate). Not sure if this is a different issue, but some report they experienced the bug even without a chance to fail.

I got my refund aswell in the mail, quite nice :)

Edit: Rephrased parts of the post.

Edited by Teddiebear, 02 August 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#17 Hackn3y

Hackn3y
  • Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

I appreciate you guys resolving this problem. Although I wish I could have gotten my 2 lost Marinax Acceleron back. Cost about 1.4 plat each  :(

So don't make the mistake I did and just use the talent to reduce the the weapon crafting cost to 0 acceleron.

#18 xoji

xoji
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Over a week ago upon loading a new schematic I was attempting to learn my game crashed.  During my talks with my support handlers I was refunded some items, fragments and given a hybrid core (yay...).  What bugs me the most is that I lost the schematic (25,000 crafting vouchers) and 2x cyclonite accelerons.  And I was linked to this post, which has nothing to do with my issue because, like I said, all I did was load up the schematic, game crashed, and items lost.  I just want the crafting vouchers or schematic refunded, I haven't even played since this happened because it bummed me out + life stuff. -.-

#19 spaceolympian196

spaceolympian196
  • Members
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

Nice that I caught this thread..after I crafted an Adventus weapon. Wonderful. What a waste of mats and time. I submitted a ticket already and hope it gets resolved. Either I'd like my items back or the weapon I created. Acceleron is not cheap.

#20 CRB_MrSmiley

CRB_MrSmiley

Game Support Supervisor

• Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

Hey Folks,

The prototype issue should be resolved after tonight's patch :).