Upcoming Warrior Threat Hotfix

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 Merkal

Merkal
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Warrior Tanks,

I wanted to let you guys know that we’ve decided to implement a Warrior threat hotfix. This decision was made after discussions and coming to an agreement that we should get this into your hands as soon as possible. Here is what we are changing:

• Menacing Strike: Bonus threat increased to 150%, up from 130%.
  • Jolt: Bonus threat increased to 150%, up from 130%.
  • Polarity Field: Bonus threat increased to 150%, up from 130%.
  • Atomic Spear: Bonus threat increased to 200%, up from 175%.

I also wanted to mention that we are currently planning to implement more significant Warrior Tanking changes (which I wrote about in the July update) in Patch 3.

#2 Tyrfang

Tyrfang
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

THANK YOU.

I'm not even a warrior.

#3 Graiban

Graiban
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

sfb4BW0.jpg

• Zybak, Filri, Scott Of Awesome and 2 others like this

#4 Homd

Homd
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Thank you for listening to what the community has asked for.

#5 Maldwyn

Maldwyn
  • Members
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

I hereby give this thread ALL the likes...

#6 joebloww

joebloww
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Awesome news just made my day a little better thanks for the update

#7 Poo

Poo
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Good for warriors. Seriously. I've seen like one warrior tank in adventures ever.

Now, Speaking of hotfixes, Spellslinger cooldowns are not visualized properly. Some abilities are castable up to two seconds before the cooldown is finished, and some aren't castable for up to a second after the cooldown has completed. It's making spellslingers really clunky and even more awkward to play than espers.

#8 Rahzar

Rahzar
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Well guys do you think this is going to be enough??

#9 Snoopx

Snoopx
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

dont think enough and when ? now?

#10 Amayasu

Amayasu
  • Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

For now, it'll help a ton.

The rest of the changes coming forward to drop three is great too.

Thanks, Carbine.

• Maldwyn likes this

#11 Graiban

Graiban
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

We'll see, but the big thing here is the commitment to drop 3 for the overhaul, which means we'll get to go test the crap out of it on the PTR and give them real feedback in a timely manner. Merkal making a good faith effort in the interim and committing to making a real fix a priority is good enough for me. It can't be any worse in the short term. 

Thank you to Merkal for stepping up the timetable and I hope you understand our frustrations and don't take anything personally. We're all passionate about your game and just want to be able to enjoy it. This is a major step in the right direction. 

• Maldwyn, Typrop and Sidi like this

#12 TheDonDude

TheDonDude
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Sounds like a good bandaid to tide us over.  Thanks muchly.

#13 Typrop

Typrop
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

979b5b53a4bda9f83a5321c9a592c3cec8837718

Seriously though...Thank you, I believe that many warrior tanks including myself can happily wait until the proposed mechanical changes are put in place with this hotfix. I look forward to seeing how they're implemented and play out on the field and I'll actually be on the PTR full boar when those are put in like I'm sure Graiban and many other warrriors will too.

Entity Guild List

"My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here." - Jim Henson

My Art blog | Typrop's Sketchbox |

#14 Isgu

Isgu
  • Members
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

+1

Come to the dark side... we have Cookies!

www.malevolence-guild.com

#15 Ancient Alien

Ancient Alien
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hahah, now I am a Wildstar God, Most of you so called warrior will be on the forums the day this drops crying for more buff.

#16 ShepherdsPie

ShepherdsPie
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Very much appreciated! We probably still won't be up to engineer level, but it's certainly a start!

Now I can stop collecting shitty DPS gear.

If you can get this hotfix out in a good time you'll have my full faith restored in this game.

#17 Lawlta

Lawlta
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'll stop foaming at the mouth... for now.

#18 ShankzuLa

ShankzuLa
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hahah, now I am a Wildstar God, Most of you so called warrior will be on the forums the day this drops crying for more buff.

1/10

On topic: omfg when will this drop I'm so tkdjkdhgdgj excited I can't type right

#19 Homd

Homd
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

I definitely think it is for Vet adv and dungeons from my experience. Idk about raiding as I have no experience. As I said I don't really have problems in dungeons and adventures, this will make it so I have none at all. I am looking forward to it!

#20 Frigglish

Frigglish
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

1/10

On topic: omfg when will this drop I'm so tkdjkdhgdgj excited I can't type right

Don't even. Will assert 'till he's blue[r] in the face that there is literally nothing wrong with warrior tanks at all levels of content b/c he's still doing fine in PuG dungeons.

I could not give less of a wet *cupcake* about your "likes" count. Funny and/or popular doesn't equal right.