[Feedback] Turn "Daily Quests" into "Vet Dungeon Clearing"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Strikes

Strikes
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm one of those people that are pretty sick of spending an hour in a "Reused" zone/map completing daily quests every day. (Sometimes more than an hour if I do both) I've recently just stopped doing them altogether because I'd rather be in Dungeons, either learning them, or attempting to Gold/Silver clear them. Which brings me to an "Ah ha!" suggestion:

* Turn Daily Quests into clearing Veteran Dungeons / Adventures

TBH; to me it doesn't really matter what the stipulation is... other than the fact that I'd rather be in a Dungeon than out in some no-place-land that I don't really care about.

I figured the main point/reason would be to have people clear a dungeon every day, which should also help boost people that have to PUG them; and it doesn't matter which one really... just as long as they're clearing one. You can also have another one for doing Adventures so people that are 'Fresh to 50' can complete them as well.

This way, I feel that people could still feel like they're doing "Daily Quests" when they're actually just doing normal progression; the kicker just being to actually finish whatever Dungeon/Adventure you're doing/on. WildStar already has a "Do it until you're perfect" attitude (Silver Attunements) and I feel like this would just naturally let people get accustomed to running Dungeons better and faster. 

Just a thought! Thanks for reading. (Checked for subjects like this but nothing come up on Search for "Dungeon Daily Quests")

• RoRo, Khavaltre, Xath and 4 others like this

Founder of Vigilant Addiction

Click to Join VA!

Ages 21+ | Mature/Silly Environment | Casual/Core | TS3 | Website | Established in 1999 | NA Based but all Welcome!

#2 Balf

Balf
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Not sure how that will work out here. Can you imagine when it's SSM on a raid night? lol

#3 Gurubu

Gurubu
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

It makes sense - gives people more options especially if the new zones feel stale. The only change I say would be to let people decide. Full quests, 1/2 quest/dung, full dungeons/adv, etc

By promoting dungeons/adventures you get more people learning the fights, and prob more raid ready people available from the pool.

• Strikes likes this

#4 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

Really want a daily dungeon/adventure quest.

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#5 Lyrian

Lyrian
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

I think there should be a daily 'random' adventure and a 'random' dungeon (meaning if you get a crap adventure or dungeon you can run more than one and still get credit for it.) quest that will give you out a PvE equivalent of the pvp bag, with some random goodies, and a chance to drop some AMP/Ability unlocks along with a mish-mash of AMPs, food, decor, etc.

#6 Tenner

Tenner
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

Another thing where I can't fathom why Carbine didn't steal features from games who handle them more intelligently.

Guild Wars 2 might be heavily flawed, but they have a system of rotating dailies that can be anything from "kill X of Y" to "do action X Y times" to "clear content X".

Clearing dungeons is just one of many options.

Wildstar on the other hand has to be one of the worst daily systems in recent MMO history. "Do identical quests every day in two zones". Just... why.

#7 Strikes

Strikes
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Appreciate the comments and it's nice to see we're not alone on this thought, haha. It just really feels like Carbine is doing everything in their power to delay people from completely end-game content for as long as possible; so they stay subbed as long as possible. But, it seems to me that it back-fired and people are unsubbing because the game is an extreme time-sink. (Just what people tell me when I asked why they stopped playing)

Click to Join VA!

Ages 21+ | Mature/Silly Environment | Casual/Core | TS3 | Website | Established in 1999 | NA Based but all Welcome!

#8 JohnFon

JohnFon
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Agree with something like that or similar, would make even casuals do more pugs.

#9 CRB_Timetravel

CRB_Timetravel
  • Carbine Studios Staff

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Really want a daily dungeon/adventure quest.

*nonchalant whistling*

Multiplayer Systems Lead (Expeditions, Adventures, Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Warplots)

#10 Cali

Cali
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

*nonchalant whistling*

yissss yissssssss

#11 SlyJeff

SlyJeff
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

*nonchalant whistling*

Oh, do want, do want!

[Entity] [Exile] <The Crescent Order> | 4/7 RMT | TCO Raiding Info

Wildstar-Hub Owner | Public/Group Calendars for Event Management

Chet Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Rythar Silverfury: Warrior | Liz Awesomelaser: Spellslinger | Chet Awesomeshot: Spellslinger

#12 Haoli

Haoli
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

*nonchalant whistling*

Oh god, yes, please. I want a reason to run your dungeons more often. They're very well designed. Encouraging players who have already cleared them to do them again will help populate the rest of the playerbase with strats and skilled players capable of clearing.

That said, there does need to be a reward attached that would actually incite people to want to do them... sooo here's to that upcoming itemization and runeslot fix?

• Blackwolfe likes this

#13 Xephenon

Xephenon
  • Members
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Oh please don't tell me it's going to go along the road of "save up your daily tokens and you can buy raid-equivelent gear" please. That's one of the reasons I got so fed up of WoW.

Air | Chua | DPS Medic | Professor | Ravenous (EU PvP)

Thou who art undead art chosen. In thine Exodus from the Undead Asylum, maketh pilgrimage to the lands of ancient Lords.

When thou ringeth the Bell of Awakening, the fate of the undead thou shalt know.

#14 Strikes

Strikes
  • Members
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Oh please don't tell me it's going to go along the road of "save up your daily tokens and you can buy raid-equivelent gear" please. That's one of the reasons I got so fed up of WoW.

I don't see why it would be like that; you'd just be earning Elder Gems from the EXP gain as normal but the Daily Quests are mainly for the Rep so you can grab things off the vendor. I'm not a fan of that either... but the Elder Gems are "kinda" like that, but I think it's mostly to supplement poor RNG in raids/dungeons.

Click to Join VA!

#15 Bubzz

Bubzz
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

Oh god, yes, please. I want a reason to run your dungeons more often. They're very well designed. Encouraging players who have already cleared them to do them again will help populate the rest of the playerbase with strats and skilled players capable of clearing.

I think that is a somewhat unreal expectation. There is no reason any sane person would ever do these outside of a guild see: PUG. I would personally forgo a daily vet run if I couldn't do it in guild because I dont feel like spending gold on repairs (dailies are for making cash not spending it) nor taking 1-2 hours teaching someone who may end up just giving up anyway. 

Guild: fast, make money

PUG: slow, waste money on repairs, teaching others every run

Seems like an obvious choice to me....

Warrior of <Diplomacy> NA: Stormtalon 5/6 GA