Revised GR Changes

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Merkal

Merkal
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Greetings,

I wanted to drop by and give an update on the situation. As I mentioned in my last post we were reviewing the PTR changes to Gamma Rays. We have done so taking extreme care and doing many comparisons and many, many tests. We realized that there was a snafu when we were taking the Medic tests that we were testing the intended changes with other general combat balance changes and they were skewing the numbers. With that said these are the revisions we are planning to Gamma Rays.

Gamma Rays

• Target Count: Reduced to 2 targets, down from 3.
  • Base Damage: Increased to 14.43 damage per level, up from 14.19 and 33.13% Assault Power, up from 32.62%
  • Tier 8 Bonus: Removed the 2 second cooldown.

This will result in an overall DPS gain for Gamma Rays. This alteration will not make it in for patch 2, but we will push for it to get in as soon as possible in a hotfix.

Goals Going Forward

• Monitor healing balance post Probes change.
  • Increase the viability of Field abilities across the board.
  • Remove the RNG element from Recycler.
  • Replace the Entrapment AMP
  • Increase Actuator generation for Healers.
  • Update Triage to function as a powerful single target emergency heal.
  • Introduce a second Interrupt through an existing ability.
  • Introduce additional Smart Healing through existing abilities.

#2 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Gamma Rays

Well this is better than the 2sec ICD GR nerf, I still don't get why we can't hit 3 targets when all other classes can.

But OK, this is much better than previous notes but I'm just sad I wont be able to experience this in patch 2.

Just a question in general, are the class developers & raid developers talking to eachother? 

The first fight in 40man, dude there are A LOT of mobs down stairs, if we're hitting 2 mobs we're gonna be useless compared to engineers, warriors, espers & spellslingers who are just aoeing that shit down.

"But just go QC then"

No, QC is not viable at all on that fight because you're either fighting "adds" or you're fighting the boss himself. And while the other classes can hit 3-5 mobs in their single target spec, well we can only hit 2 mobs.

I want to make it clear I trust Merkal has tested this and that 3 targets just simply adds too much to our DPS which can be a valid reasoning. 

I'm excited for this!

#3 Jax Blake

Jax Blake
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

I can get behind this, just please don't keep us waiting too long.

#4 Merkal

Merkal
  • Guests

We will be hot-fixing it into patch 2 as soon as possible.

#5 DeebSchmeeb

DeebSchmeeb
  • Members

Wait a second.. you mean to tell me the sky ISN'T falling? =)

Thanks for the update, Merkal. I look forward to reviewing these adjustments when they're in.

Cheers,

Deeb

#6 Bradwan

Bradwan
  • Guests
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Perfect change

Edit: What about my threat problems? :)

Bradwan Omega 

Dominion Medic Entity

Come watch me! - Youtube - Twitter

#7 Euçlid

Euçlid
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

I said this in another post i cant see what gamma rays should hit all targets for the same amount, just have the closest target take the normal single target damage and the other two targets take % less of the original damage. not sure how hard this would be to achieve in terms of coding or w/e, so i dont wanna come off sounding like a smart arse, imo that would solve this issue

removing the 2 sec ICD = <3

Officer of <Total Fluke> | EU-Ascendancy-Exiles | 3/6 Genetic Archives
Currently Recruiting: 2x Engineer DPS, 2x Medic DPS, 1x Medic Healer

#8 Spythe

Spythe
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Interesting,

Spythe | Dominion(Entity - PvE) | Spellslinger

<Enigma>

https://www.youtube.com/user/spythe

#9 Xephenon

Xephenon
  • Guests
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Gamma Rays

Well this is better than the 2sec ICD GR nerf, I still don't get why we can't hit 3 targets when all other classes can.

But OK, this is much better than previous notes but I'm just sad I wont be able to experience this in patch 2.

I don't like it, but I'm just treating it as we're in a similar boat to Stalker, who are getting a second target on Impale. For your 40 man comparison, yeah that sucks but, again, we're not in that boat alone. Sadly QC will "have to do" for majority AOE fights and any single target phases we'll just have to suck.

I'm not 100% on Engineer meta, but I believe they could fit into this boat too, with Bolt Caster/Electrocute being GR/QC.

Air | Chua | DPS Medic | Professor | Ravenous (EU PvP)

Thou who art undead art chosen. In thine Exodus from the Undead Asylum, maketh pilgrimage to the lands of ancient Lords.

When thou ringeth the Bell of Awakening, the fate of the undead thou shalt know.

#10 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

I don't like it, but I'm just treating it as we're in a similar boat to Stalker, who are getting a second target on Impale. For your 40 man comparison, yeah that sucks but, again, we're not in that boat alone. Sadly QC will "have to do" for majority AOE fights and any single target phases we'll just have to suck.

I'm not 100% on Engineer meta, but I believe they could fit into this boat too, with Bolt Caster/Electrocute being GR/QC.

QC just isnt viable I am afraid for that fight as the DMG on the boss is soooooo low with QC and the DPS required for System Daemons is daaaaaaamn hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. 

#11 Mr Popo

Mr Popo
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Can you provide some numbers/statistics on what kinda of dps increase this is actually providing?

Still only being able to hit two mobs with Gamma Rays is better than only one, but hitting three was looking promising.

Oh, and dropping the 2 sec cool down on the actuator proc is great, thanks!

Alright Maggots! Listen Up.

#12 IIIII

IIIII
  • Members
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thank you for listening.

PS. The field, RNG removal from Recycler, and replacement of Entrapment all have my pretty excited for the future.

IIIII

Twitch - Youtube

#13 IIIII

IIIII
  • Members
  • LocationBannedia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hmm, our GR doesn't hit for 10-20k like Impale does, does it now? :D

Sure it does, we just need all bars to crit :~)

IIIII

Twitch - Youtube

#14 Neurophenomenology

Neurophenomenology
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

That's way better indeed!

But does it mean that the 2 sec ICD will be included in Drop 2 with the rest of the changes before you actually hot-fix it?!?!

That will suck a lot.... if true!

#15 Tripstacy

Tripstacy
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Greetings,

I wanted to drop by and give an update on the situation. As I mentioned in my last post we were reviewing the PTR changes to Gamma Rays. We have done so taking extreme care and doing many comparisons and many, many tests. We realized that there was a snafu when we were taking the Medic tests that we were testing the intended changes with other general combat balance changes and they were skewing the numbers. With that said these are the revisions we are planning to Gamma Rays.

Gamma Rays

• Base Damage: Increased to 14.43 damage per level, up from 14.19 and 33.13% Assault Power, up from 32.62%

This will result in an overall DPS gain for Gamma Rays. This alteration will not make it in for patch 2, but we will push for it to get in as soon as possible in a hotfix.

Goals Going Forward

Love the changes. The switch to 2 targets is kinda curious though. If I recall correctly, the original change to 3 targets was a QoL change so we didn't have to continuously keep messing with our LAS midway through instances. Just wondering if there was another way to balance our AoE damage instead. Though 2 targets is still a massive improvement over what we have now which is great.

Saw some nice stuff in the "goals" list.

Removing RNG from Recycler? Can't wait to see that change.

Second interrupt? I can only hope this one is closer to the top of the priority list. Hate being like "sorry fellas my sole interrupt is on CD so carry me please."

Increased Actuator generation for healers? This one is strange for me. As a healer I've never had any issues with the Actuators... its more the Focus management. Especially since our AoE is so small that occasionally I'm dropping heals on people that don't hit the tank thanks to positional screw ups. It's nowhere near as much of an issue on my Esper.

#16 Leimone

Leimone
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Sure it does, we just need all bars to crit :~)

"yes it does"

Anyway it was a bad example as it heavily depends on which boss you're attacking, my bad shouldn't of said that.

#17 Reglitch

Reglitch
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Greetings,

Gamma Rays

Goals Going Forward

How long is the expected time frame on these? No harm but I don't want to wait a month just for changes that should have been planned when probes were being changed...

Medic Healer/Class Leader for Codex on Hazak - http://codex-guild.com/ - Recruiting players attuned to GA for Datascape progression.

#18 Brackets

Brackets
  • Members
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Besides the poor damage, the reason I regret rolling a medic is because of the constant need to change between Gamma Rays and Quantum Cascade. Until that is fixed (i.e. remove one of them and make the other work for both), playing a dps Medic in an instance or raid will be a poor experience.

Hit the ALL button

http://www.twitch.tv/brackets300

Medic - Drow - Exiles - Avatus server

#19 hit button

hit button
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Something that wasn't very clear from the devastator probe notes - is the T8 explosion damamge still going to be 50% of the probes potential damage, or 30% the same as T4?

If T8 is still 50%, then potential explosion damage is reduced by 37.5%. A hefty nerf for an ability I don't think anyone in the PvP or PvE communities has been complaining about.

If T8 is 30%, the same as T4, then the potential explosion damage is reduced by 62.5%. That's an incredibly harsh nerf.

#20 Thera

Thera
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Besides the poor damage, the reason I regret rolling a medic is because of the constant need to change between Gamma Rays and Quantum Cascade. Until that is fixed (i.e. remove one of them and make the other work for both), playing a dps Medic in an instance or raid will be a poor experience.

I know you shouldn't have to use addons but there is addons that fix this

Thera - Medic healer 

<Subterfuge>

Rowsdower NA