I wanted to drop by and give an update on the situation. As I mentioned in my last post we were reviewing the PTR changes to Gamma Rays. We have done so taking extreme care and doing many comparisons and many, many tests. We realized that there was a snafu when we were taking the Medic tests that we were testing the intended changes with other general combat balance changes and they were skewing the numbers. With that said these are the revisions we are planning to Gamma Rays.
- Target Count: Reduced to 2 targets, down from 3.
- Base Damage: Increased to 14.43 damage per level, up from 14.19 and 33.13% Assault Power, up from 32.62%
- Tier 8 Bonus: Removed the 2 second cooldown.
This will result in an overall DPS gain for Gamma Rays. This alteration will not make it in for patch 2, but we will push for it to get in as soon as possible in a hotfix.
Goals Going Forward
- Monitor healing balance post Probes change.
- Increase the viability of Field abilities across the board.
- Remove the RNG element from Recycler.
- Replace the Entrapment AMP
- Increase Actuator generation for Healers.
- Update Triage to function as a powerful single target emergency heal.
- Introduce a second Interrupt through an existing ability.
- Introduce additional Smart Healing through existing abilities.