Photo

4 Bg wins = 1 Bg loss in rating ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Petme

Petme
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

3 hours of long ques, scraping out 4 wins in a row then get 1 loss (under 6 min) and lost all the rating gained.

Okay seriouly want to know if this is a bug or intentional?

#2 Drazzar

Drazzar
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

What's your rating?

[DÆD] - Warri lvl 50

http://www.project-daedalus.net

#3 Petme

Petme
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

started the night at 1133, got up to 1179 (4 wins), then back to 1133 (1 loss).

#4 BadDogEDN

BadDogEDN
  • Members
  • Location'Murica

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

true story, and the worst part is if you are playing with high rating people on your team they will loose about 3-15 raiting for a loss

___          
 __|___|__               - Edowado -

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Trust Me I'm an Engineer"    

#5 Megamaniac

Megamaniac
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

3 hours of long ques, scraping out 4 wins in a row then get 1 loss (under 6 min) and lost all the rating gained.

Okay seriouly want to know if this is a bug or intentional?

Its intentional. Its the Elo rating system. The game rates everyone. If you lose to what it considers a bad team then you lose a ton of rating compared to beating equal teams. 

Of course it doesn't take into account tankers and 1800 gear in 1200 games...

#6 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Believe me there are people that tank their BG rating as well.

Exile - Pago (PvP) - Fail Gaming | Ayestem - PvP DPS Melee Mage Esper

Ayestes - Spellslinger | Ayestet - Medic  |  Ayestee -  Engineer

#7 AlphaBull

AlphaBull
  • Guests
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Just run adventures hardcore bro cap the first day and keep doing it and buy yourself a carry in arenas there is no other way but to face the RNG of this horrible horrible system

AlphaBull - Esper(50) AlphaBullington - Spellslinger(50) AlphaBully - Stalker(50) AlphaBullDoze - Engineer(50) AlphaBullWrecker - Warrior(43)

#8 Wrenito

Wrenito
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

You'll find all your answers in Drake's song "Started from the Bottom".

Started from the bottom we're still here
Started from the bottom now my whole team still *cupcake* here

• KrysL likes this

Dont Gank Me Bro

50 Esper 50 Stalker 50 Warrior

#9 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Honestly I'm a bit concerned about the integrity of the rating pool.  There are multiple ways to lose rating without giving anyone else rating (Tanking, Disconnecting, Leaving a BG) so that would just make the average rating lower and lower as the pool leaks rating.  Battleground rating win and loss numbers would lead me to believe that most people are pretty darn low.  

#10 KrysL

KrysL
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

You'll find all your answers in Drake's song "Started from the Bottom".

Started from the bottom we're still here
Started from the bottom now my whole team still *cupcake* here

lmfao, aha that was too good, and oh so true

#11 GloriousMike

GloriousMike
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

339 - 137; tracked using the mod BGchron.

During this pretty epic winrate carrying hard as all cupcake as a healer, I've been below 1,000 and up to 1498.

I've been below 1100 and 1400 8ish times.

#12 twist2002

twist2002
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

win? what are wins? as an exile player i've forgotten what they even are.

#13 Megamaniac

Megamaniac
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Honestly I'm a bit concerned about the integrity of the rating pool.  There are multiple ways to lose rating without giving anyone else rating (Tanking, Disconnecting, Leaving a BG) so that would just make the average rating lower and lower as the pool leaks rating.  Battleground rating win and loss numbers would lead me to believe that most people are pretty darn low.  

Exactly. Most people have more skill, intentionally or not, than what they're rating would suggest. Couple that with potential differences in equipment and the system breaks down and you have what we are experiencing. 

I've said it many times, I don't see why we are using the Elo system for a video game. Elo rating was made for Chess. And to a lesser extent successfully adopted for team sports that have referees that can adjudicate matters. 

#14 metalmuskox

metalmuskox
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

The system is *cupcake*ing awful and everyone knows it.  3-4 wins being equal to a loss is absurd.  And while the rating of the team you lose to may be part of the algorithm, if it were rated properly it would still end up 1-1.  Instead, you have the very few who can win over 75% of the time gaining rating, and everyone else tanked.  Everyone else is about 90-95% of the server, I would guess.

It also heavily encourages discrimination in putting together a team.  Of course, everyone already knows that too.  I wish I could take along my dps stalker friends and play BGs with them.  But when you are punished so severely for a loss, it is impractical to run in anything but a perfectly optimized team.

PvP in this game is trash on so many levels, it boggles the mind.  Sad considering the gameplay is so much fun.

#15 Novalight

Novalight
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

Dunno, been this way for me from the start, before tanking became the norm. No matter the rating 900, 1000, 1200, 1400 or whatever always 1DC=1 loss = 3-4 wins. And while it's not improbable that every loss was against lower rated team (altho I find it hard to believe when against some of the guild premades weeks ago chock full of 1800 gear ) I find it very very unlikely. Also, higher rated people with me lost less...which is pretty much an impossibility with a proper ELO system (higher rated loses more yo). So Carbine, stick ur K factor where da sun don't shine. 

#16 Ayestes

Ayestes
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

A DC is a constant 40 rating loss I thought.  An actual loss takes your group's median (average?) against their and calculates the lost amount off that and your K factor.