Photo

Lets play some Sabotage: Daggerstone Pass! 3-6 PT 7/23/2014

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CRB_TheMuffinMan

CRB_TheMuffinMan
  • Banned

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hello all - While this is not an official event, I will be logging on to PTR from 3-6 PT to hopefully get in some sabotage matches.

Please join me for some battleground fun. Your feedback is welcome and appreciated!

*** EDIT ***

We will be queuing for Rated Daggerstone Pass

Edited by CRB_TheMuffinMan, 23 July 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#2 Carrier

Carrier
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Important Question:

Are Assault Power runes still viable for PVP or should we re-invest into PVP power runes for PVP? since it cost around 15 platinum to re-invest i think it would be wise to tease us a little bit about it.

Thanks!

#3 Brysse

Brysse
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

Important Question:

Are Assault Power runes still viable for PVP or should we re-invest into PVP power runes for PVP? since it cost around 15 platinum to re-invest i think it would be wise to tease us a little bit about it.

Thanks!

Word was during the last event, we would be getting access to the pvp gear and hopefully they will give us full runes as well to play around with. No idea when this is going to happen, one of the CRB guys said it during the last event.

Brysse- Aurin Stalker Explorer
Lost Serenity
Na/PVE/Semi-Hardcore

#4 Vankey

Vankey
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

3-6 pm PST or what time do you mean? I want to be able to join on this, but I am EU, so I need the correct time to convert it. And if it's 3-6 pm PST, why do you always take the most horrible EU time... Your EU players want to test this too, you know.

#5 Kinan Eldari

Kinan Eldari
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

3-6 pm PST or what time do you mean? I want to be able to join on this, but I am EU, so I need the correct time to convert it. And if it's 3-6 pm PST, why do you always take the most horrible EU time... Your EU players want to test this too, you know.

they're 8 hours behind the UK and 9 behind Western Europe. You're welcome : )

(To help you along the way. GMT is 0 hours deviation. tha's in Greenwich, London, UK. Currently everyone is in daylight savings time though so the UK is currently at +1 GMT. EST would be the east coast of the US, which is at -5 compared to the time in the UK, and PST is the west coast of the US. Hope this helps for the future : ))

Also, Kevin. A lot of us would like to join you, both today and tomorrow, but we can't instalevel to level 50. Could you guys fix that, maybe?

#6 Vankey

Vankey
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

they're 8 hours behind the UK and 9 behind Western Europe. You're welcome : )

(To help you along the way. GMT is 0 hours deviation. tha's in Greenwich, London, UK. Currently everyone is in daylight savings time though so the UK is currently at +1 GMT. EST would be the east coast of the US, which is at -5 compared to the time in the UK, and PST is the west coast of the US. Hope this helps for the future : ))

Yes, I know, but he just said 3-6 PT. And what I asked for is if this stands for 3-6pm PST. I know how to convert them. :P If it is 3-6 pm PST, that means its 12am-3am (CEST, GMT+2) for me.

Thanks anyways.

#7 Delakron

Delakron

Producer

• Carbine Studios Staff
  • LocationCarbine Studios

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Word was during the last event, we would be getting access to the pvp gear and hopefully they will give us full runes as well to play around with. No idea when this is going to happen, one of the CRB guys said it during the last event.

Also, Kevin. A lot of us would like to join you, both today and tomorrow, but we can't instalevel to level 50. Could you guys fix that, maybe?

DoneB)

Development Producer

//TRANSMISSION_END

#8 Slei

Slei
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Will we be que'ing for Rated or Practice bg's? Also.. we already have a few people on Exile side right now waiting for things. Not so sure how it is going on Dom side atm.

#9 Zubei

Zubei
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Now that I can make a 50, I may be down for this.

#10 Krighton

Krighton
  • Members
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm queued up but no timer, is there a specific group on the Exile side? or did I miss the boat?

--The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.-- Helpful Link - http://bit.ly/1owivu1

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz | 16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4804 Bios | 2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI | Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

| Razer DeathStalker Elite | Razer Orbweaver | Razer Naga Epic | 3 ASUS VG248QE 24" Monitors-144hz /1ms Response time

#11 Okilla

Okilla
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

I have been waiting in queue for almost 2 hours within the time in which the carabine stuff was logged in to join the BG. Not enough players to even start 1 match.  Such a waste of time!

Also, unless they give boom-boxes, there is no reason to join an empty PTR.

Nerf other players, buff me, make me win. Otherwise I'll threaten the developers by pretending to /quit this game. Without me this game will totally fail !!

#12 Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Okay, I had a blast with Kevin and crew, fighting as the underdog Dominion heroes. The Illium Brawls were fun too!

So, some feedback as requested...
- Aside from the campable spawn room, I feel like a second exit would be beneficial, perhaps to the rear so you can get out unobserved.
- Bomb carrying is super hard when the enemy team descends on you en masse. Perhaps have the map tracking only work if in the radius of a hostile cap point or in the enemy base? Gives some stealth option there
- The UI needs a better set of indicators for capture progress of the points. PlanetSide 2 has a good version of those for points that take time to convert.
- I'd love if it could be made so around the enemy generator you don't auto deposit the bomb. I'd like to stay central with the option to bug out with my bomb if needs be. Just make the drop function deposit on the gen if in radius
- Loved the environments, great looking map and solid design for the game type. Kudos.
- The Stealth Detection buffs felt a little difficult to grab. Like their hitbox was much tinier than the character led you to believe.
- The bombs could do with an in world timer on them. A modified Walatiki return timer perhaps?

Just some thoughts. Once we get some solid, even matches without spawn camping I reckon this will be a firm fave with the organized PvP crowd
Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
WSC's Owner Administrator
http://wildstar-central.com/

#13 Kalrell

Kalrell
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi there.

Heres my feedback ramble from last night. 

Theres some gameplay stuff and some interface UI stuff. Hope all these comments are helpful, mentioning the things that bugged me rather than the things that were awesome. :P

Gameplay stuff:

- Bomb carrying seems a difficult objective to do unnoticed. Very easy to get descended upon and blown up very fast, which could then snowball into quick wins for the enemy team

- It felt like sometimes the thing to do for a win was to ignore the bombs completely and never pick them up.

Just focus on trying to capture the Uplinks. Because picking up a bomb would almost always effectively hand it over to the other team to use after they quickly descended on the carrier and claimed the bomb for themselves.

But this might of just been the situation we were in undermanned vs a organised exile team.

- Attempting to bomb the enemy player team was impossible since the long duration of the bombs, intended to give enough time to get over to the enemy base, meant that the duration would always be too high at pickup to make them viable explosions in the mid field, or used as a defensive base option.

I almost think there should be a "Shorten fuse" button to deliberately reduce the bomb explosion timer to make them useable weapons to do all the cool "#Sabotage!" Devspeak things. :P

The downside to this might result in less base bombings. Something to weigh up anyway. :) 

Interface stuff:

As I asked on Nexus report (Kalrell87 on twitch :P). Updating the Uplink coloured icons at the top of the screen would be great to indicate their state better.

I think there needs to be 7 states for each Uplink point:

• Uncaptured - aka start of the match.

This being blank atm is perfect IMO.

• Uncaptured, but turning Dominion. 
  • Uncaptured, but turning Exile.

As you (Kevin) mentioned I think flashing up the colours of the teams in the boxes for these two would be great.

• Dominion, but turning Exile.
  • Exile, but turning Dominion.

Again I think would be great if they started flashing the other teams colour, maybe flashing faster and faster the closer to the complete capture.

• Dominion
  • Exile

Finally obviously the last two states of the interface should be the icons fully coloured to indicate the complete capture of the objectives.

Next, bomb duration timers:

The timers seem to only appear at the top of the screen if you are the first one to pickup a bomb belonging to your faction. If you pick up a bomb the enemy drops you don't get a countdown timer for it. With so much of the bomb gameplay designed around timing the bomb drop somewhere think it should be clearer and more up front how much time is left.

Suggestion for improvements:

I think there should be timers for each of the bombs visible on the bombs themselves in the world.

ATM bomb timers feel too disconnected from the items in the world being an interface element at the top of the screen.

I think Zap's suggestion of modifying the Walatiki mask return timer is a great idea.

pvp2_t.jpg

(Picture found on google search so beta UI but relevant still! :D )

Reduce the size of it, doesn't need to be as in your face as the Mask timer. 

Make it only viewable to the current team who is carrying each bomb. The enemy might deliberately flee low duration bombs to be used as damage weapons if they could see the timer.

This also has the benefit of not accidentally blowing up your friends if they get too close when you run out of time, I know I killed a chua last night who was following me too closely when my bomb blew up on the way past the mines to the exile base. :P

Anyway I think thats all the feedback I have to share at this time!

See you ingame with the stream team later tonight! :D

#14 Frenz

Frenz
  • Members
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Anyone else struggling to get a match? .. tried multiple times last night and today and nobody seems to be playing.

#15 Vyke

Vyke
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Had a great time! Would play again. *****

"The" Whitepapers:

"Challenging the PVE/PVP gearing paradigm" - https://forums.wilds...aring-paradigm/

And, uh... possibly more to follow. (possibly)